American Airlines Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.2

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

Interview

Received screening interview with HR basic questions about your resume. Then invited me to a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview with the manager was ok. She had a lot of questions and they are really interested on what you know about excel. Also make sure you have scenarios prepared for challenge behavioral questions they ask I would recommend using the STAR approach. The manager was really discombobulated, I was totally lost.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an employee that is asking for money for a certain product?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

Interview

First round was over the phone with very analytical questions such as how to calculate contribution margin and profitability of flights. Second round was with multiple managers on site rotating for 30 minutes each. Very industry specific questions so if you are not familiar with the airline industry they can be difficult to answer. Interview followed a survey/questionnaire format with little room for candidate to ask questions about the day to day activities

Interview Questions

• If you had your own airline how would you decide where to fly from?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Intial telephone interview and and in person interview with 4 managers. The interview question varied from basics like credit debit to personal questions. Pretty great mangers did not pressure during interview.

Interview Questions

• Differentiate following in to credit and debits. Expenses, income liability etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Had an hour long group interview and they told us they will make a decision weather to offer the job to someone or call us back for a second interview next week. Waited for 2 weeks when they decided we need to come in for a second. The second was 2 hour long in a freezing dinning room. To do a computer test by typing up a word document, basic excel and creating a power point slide. Waste of time!

Interview Questions

• 1. Analyzing their quarterly balance sheet and talk about as many things as possible. 2. Benefit of a credit unions compared to banks   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Tulsa, OK) in June 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an employee for a Financial Analyst position. I had an initial phone interview with the HR which had some case and as well behavioral questions. After few days I was called for an in person interview in Tulsa OK. The interview difficulty was average to easy. The culture is laid back as you would expect in that location. The questions were more related to your background and finding a ft in terms of professional experience/education and the business The overall experience was great. The interviewers were quite calm and laid back. There were only 3 other candidates for the position.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you interested in the AA? 2. What differentiates you ? 3. What are the challenges in the airline industry? 4. What are the operational model of an airline industry? 5. Questions on recent merger? 6. Culture fit questions   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Round 1. Phone screening. A couple of why AA+mini cases questions. Round 2. A situational caculating case using excel Round 3. On site interviews

Interview Questions

• Decribe the subcrime debt crisis to a 13 year-old kid.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in May 2013.

Interview

1st round was phone screening, 2nd round was a profit analysis using spreadsheet, final round was onsite where i met 1 VP (behavior & past experience) and 2 finance managers (technical & brain teaser)

Interview Questions

• how would you describe the subprime crisis to a 13 years old?   Answer Question
    • what kind investment you will make if you have $10,000?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Contacted me via email saying they wanted to interview me. Interviews are 30 min. long. started with basic questions about your eligibility to work in the U.S etc. Then the interviewer explained more in depth the position I was interviewing for, Later he asked more technical questions. You should really study the company. interviewer was nice and easy to talk to

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between capital lease and operating lease   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Long process. . There was no ergentacy to the procesd. Make are to have patience with the hiring selection process. Be upfront about the pay level you would line.

Interview Questions

• How to handle critical suggestions to upper management? What did You learn from this. And how did it effect you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

It was a phone interview rather than an on campus interview. I thought that was odd especially considering the fact that this company is an airline and travel is cheap. Whatever. The phone interview consisted of questions about my background, my leadership experience, my data analysis experience, my finance experience. I am a career switcher so I also had questions about "why finance", "why the airline industry" There were also some short case questions. I was a little surprised at how tough my interviewer was, considering AA's recent financial record. Most MBAs are wary of joining a company with such a poor performance.

Interview Questions

• Why the airline industry?   Answer Question
    • How do you see American Airlines positioned among the top airline carriers in the country?   Answer Question