American Airlines Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2014

3.2

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online - interviewed at American Airlines in January 2013.

Long process. . There was no ergentacy to the procesd. Make are to have patience with the hiring selection process. Be upfront about the pay level you would line.

Interview Questions
  • How to handle critical suggestions to upper management? What did You learn from this. And how did it effect you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Airlines.

Had an hour long group interview and they told us they will make a decision weather to offer the job to someone or call us back for a second interview next week. Waited for 2 weeks when they decided we need to come in for a second. The second was 2 hour long in a freezing dinning room. To do a computer test by typing up a word document, basic excel and creating a power point slide. Waste of time!

Interview Questions
    • 1. Analyzing their quarterly balance sheet and talk about as many things as possible.
      2. Benefit of a credit unions compared to banks
        Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in May 2013.

1st round was phone screening, 2nd round was a profit analysis using spreadsheet, final round was onsite where i met 1 VP (behavior & past experience) and 2 finance managers (technical & brain teaser)

Interview Questions
    • how would you describe the subprime crisis to a 13 years old?   Answer Question
    • what kind investment you will make if you have $10,000?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in April 2010.

First round was a career fair with current analyst.
    Second round is a phone interview with another analyst
    Third round is with 4-5 managers.
    Excel Test.

Financial Analyst Interview

Round 1. Phone screening. A couple of why AA+mini cases questions. Round 2. A situational caculating case using excel
    Round 3. On site interviews

Interview Questions
    • Decribe the subcrime debt crisis to a 13 year-old kid.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Airlines.

Contacted me via email saying they wanted to interview me. Interviews are 30 min. long. started with basic questions about your eligibility to work in the U.S etc. Then the interviewer explained more in depth the position I was interviewing for, Later he asked more technical questions. You should really study the company. interviewer was nice and easy to talk to

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between capital lease and operating lease   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in December 2009.

At least 3 rounds. 1st round is behavioral. It's a typical 1st round questions asking your strengths / weaknesses, your background, etc. There were some ethical type questions such as what would you do if your partner cheated. What you notify someone? There were some analytical questions. 2nd round consisted of an hour long modeling exam. You have to model a potential investment and give your recommendation about it.

Interview Questions
    • If you and your teammate made a presentation and he did something that was wrong. The superiors loved the presentation. What would you do? Would you bring up the mistake or let it go?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at American Airlines in October 2011.

It was a phone interview rather than an on campus interview. I thought that was odd especially considering the fact that this company is an airline and travel is cheap. Whatever. The phone interview consisted of questions about my background, my leadership experience, my data analysis experience, my finance experience.

I am a career switcher so I also had questions about "why finance", "why the airline industry"

There were also some short case questions.

I was a little surprised at how tough my interviewer was, considering AA's recent financial record. Most MBAs are wary of joining a company with such a poor performance.

Interview Questions
    • Why the airline industry?   Answer Question
    • How do you see American Airlines positioned among the top airline carriers in the country?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in October 2011.

I got the interview through my university's career center and it consisted of a 30 minute 1:1 interview with a Senior Financial Analyst. The interview started of with basic resume questions (walk me through your resume, what was your favorite class, etc.) The next questions were about the airline industry. You really need to know a lot about the airline industry - not only American Airlines' information, but also its competitors. Just to clarify, I interviewed and no do not if I received an offer yet or not. I haven't heard back from them at this point since its only been a few days since I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Compare American Airlines with Southwest Airlines.   Answer Question
    • What determines American Airlines' profit margin on a passenger?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at American Airlines in September 2009.

The initial interview consists of behavioral and business case questions. They ask you to run down the resume and question about your summer experience. Other common questions were - why do you want to join American, why aviation industry. Behavioral questions include instances of challenging situations, team work and leadership. The interview also includes small business case questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!