American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Interview Questions

2.0

Flight Attendant Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Applied last week and got a call from a recruiter 3 days later saying I would get an email inviting me for a video interview. Got the email, prepared for the interview and took it today. The video interview is automated and it is a little awkward because you have to look at the camera in your computer, smile and answer the questions.
There are 6 questions asked. You are given 1 minute to gather your thoughts before you can start answering and then 3 minutes to finish. If you finish before the 3 minutes you are able to move on to the next question. I was asked:
1- Why I wanted to work for AA and what I knew about the company.
2- Give example of an outstanding customer service I received.
3- What my experience with customer service was.
Unfortunately I can't remember the other 3. I must confess I was more nervous than I thought I'd be. Maybe because there was no human interaction. Reading through the reviews here I noticed they change the questions, so you cannot prepare only for the questions you find here.
Now I have my fingers crossed hoping I will get invited for the interview in Texas.
Best of luck to everyone!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a FA and what do you know about AA?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied around Nov 2013.
    I passed all the steps as mentioned above by other candidates. This was the second time I applied for this company. I also speak fluently a second language and I was applying for specific language position FA.
    It took about 8 weeks for the entire process (excluding the face to face interview) . Once I passed the video interview I got the f2f one, at that point it was early April 2014.
    The experience was positive because I learned what type of personality the airlines is looking for. I made a lot of mistakes during the interview. It was totally my fault. I wasn't nervous and this was certainly a factor of exclusion since I was not offered the job. Overconfidence will be punished. I was quickly sent a rejection note via email within 36 hrs.
    I will not re-write up the steps of the above candidates because of redundancy.

SUGGESTION …...If you want to pass the process you must come through and genuinely as a likeble person to the interviewers. These people are flight attendants who are looking at you working with them. If they do not like you at first sight and for additional reasons they will not select you. This is a customer service position, thus they want to select you from a point of view of a customer.

The interviewers and trainers are all super nice and they try to make you comfortable and loose. They will tell you things like "be yourself". You need to watch out with these statements, because if being yourself is going to project parts of your personalities that are considered unsuited for the job it will only hurt you.
    You can be great at customer service but the people interviewing you are not going to dig or give you chances or spend time to get to know you.
    Watch out for voice projection, sound, and delivery of your answers as well as mannerism, or any side of your personality that is too timid or too domineering (I am in the latter category).
    Do not ask questions that can place the interviewers out of the comfort zone, (something I done as well).
    Be a submissive leader. This sounds like an oxymoron but it is exactly what the airlines is looking for.

Good luck.

Flight Attendant Interview Interview

Interview

Hi everyone! Ok I need some advice/help! I just came back from the f2f interview in Dallas and I think I did very well....I was fingerprinted! However, I was a bit nervous when in the one on one the recruiter asked me if I had any visible tattoos and I said yes on my wrist but it can be covered (in fact, I did have a bandaid on it because that morning I burnt my arm with my curling iron! Ouch!) ... She said as long as it can be covered and to know that even in training it must be covered as well, and that was that. Anyway, my question is this...two of the girls I was with (who had a different recruiter) got this post email about background check and fingerprinting (which I thought was weird bc we all already got fingerprinted). However, I didn't get one!!!! This was the very next day they got it (it's been two days since interview), should I be nervous?? I'm sorta freaking out!!! Is there anything I can do at this point? Anyone I can contact or anything?! Please help! Thank you so much :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me the last time you helped someone in need. Not difficult, just unexpected!   Answer Question