American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process really opened my eyes to the world of aviation and transportation. During interview, you were seated at a table of 6-8 people. Get to know these people because they are your future classmates, coworkers, froends and foes. Recruiters are watching and taking notes as they observe how you interact and listen to your peers. Games are played with the intent to observe how well you relate to others and the world in general. Each interview session has a host that will guide you through the interview and answer any questions you have. Once the recruiters have observed you in a big crowd, the will hold smaller interviews with groups of 8 people. If they decide they want you, you will be called, in no particular order, from the big room to have finger prints done and an additional one-on-one interview will be held.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time where you had to take the initiative and how it worked out.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight-forward and easy. It took about a month to hear back on my application. I was then invited to do an online video interview. Many people have posted on here the exact questions asked, which I compiled and answered on my own before interviewing. I strongly suggest doing this so that you can think your answers out. It made me feel quite a bit more comfortable. Hopefully I will hear back for the next interview soon!

Interview Questions

• 1)Tell me what has it attracted you to the American Airlines flight attendant position and what do you know about employee culture? 2) Tell me where you gained you customer service experience? 3)If you could be anywhere in the world where would you be and why? 4) Do you work best as a group member or individually? 5)Do you have any multiple piercing, tattoos, or extreme hair coloring? 6) Do you have travel documents to be able to fly to all the destinations American Airlines flies to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

We started out with group activities, I suppose as an ice breaker and for them to see how we interact as a group. We were then taken to smaller group interviews and asked a few questions. I was not invited to the second round of one on one interviews. The people who made it were dressed conservatively but still attractive. It didn't seem to matter in the group interviews if you took a long time with your response or answered last, as long as it was well thought out and articulate. Remember to highlight your good qualities as a worker and why you want to work for the company, not just describing a detailed work history or why you want to fly. I also noticed that anyone who looked over the age of 30-35 did not make it to the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment as a worker when you felt very proud of your accomplishment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Airlines (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Apllication online. Behavioral questions. One week later I received an email congratulating me. Next step of the interview process was the video interview. You have to take in the next 5 days. I was very nervous but They give you 60 seconds to think and 2 minutes to answer. Video Interview were 5 questions. Thank you everyone for posting all your questions and answers were very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Basically all the questions that everyone have posted. Why American Airlines? Do you have any tatoos or piercing? What can you bring to the position?Where did you gain your customer service? What Do you know about the core values of the company?If you could be anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I filled out online application and finished assessment on Aug. 3rd, 2015. I received email for video interview on Aug. 7th and it needs to be completed with in 5 days. There were 6 questions which are same as others posted. I'm now just waiting to hear back from AA.

Interview Questions

• What attracted to you for flight attendant position and what do you know about company culture?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

The questions were very straight-forward, simple questions about what you know about employee culture at American, if you work better on your own or in a team environment. The format of a video interview is definitely something to get used to, as there is no one on the other line. That would be the only challenging aspect of the interview process, to get through the first question and warm up to interviewing in the video format.

Interview Questions

• If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online Monday morning, July 26th 2015, i received the offer to do the video interview a couple of hours later. I submitted wednesday (today) July 29th. This site was extremely helpful, all the questions that were listed here were the ones i was asked. I was really nervous so i stumbled on a few words and the one question i didn't want to be asked was the first one they asked which was what do you know about AA work culture? So that threw me off. I wasn't asked that but i made sure to add that i am Brazilian, i was born and raised there so my native language is Portuguese and i can speak spanish as well, in one of the questions i was able to "squeeze" that in just in case they were wondering where my accent was from. I'm hoping that this video interview is just to see our personality and to make sure we have all our teeth ( lol) and look nice! I read many reviews here where people said to try not to look at yourself and i thought that was easy until i started my interview so make sure you practice before looking at the camera, try to smile a lot and be friendly and positive in all of your answers, i did that too but i think i shook my head a lot… who knows i guess i will see if they like me or not in a few days/weeks? I hope i get called to a face to face interview I'll update if i do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why have you decided to apply for the fight attendant position and what do you know you know about American Airline work culture.   2 Answers
    • Are you allowed to fly to all of the countries AA flies to? Are you restricted from entering any country?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any piercings , tattoo etc… ?   1 Answer
    • If you could be anywhere in the world where would you be and why?   1 Answer
    • Walk me through one customer service experience you had recently.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (DFW, TX).

Interview

It was a long time a go and the process has completely changed. Today you have a phone interview, then a video interview, then you are asked to go to DFW for group interviews, then one on one. If you pass all that, you have to pass a medical exam, finger prints, and I think that's it.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to become a flight attendant   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines in July 2015.

Interview

First I applied online, it took about a month and they asked me to do a video interview, I did it on the second day ( they give u 5 to complete it). about a week later I was invited for a face to face in a group setting. it was about 35 of us in a room, in tables of about 6. get to know your table, be friendly, ask questions! they are going to be your friends and teammates! first they do a activity where you draw a circle with 3 lines in the middle and you have to 3 things that you and your group have in common. than you each write something that's unique about you outside the circle. make sure it is something that will make you stand out and seem special! after you present you then go into a group interview with about 6 diff people than your original group and 2 American employees. they ask you about 3 questions and you have to answer in front of everyone. IMPORTANT. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS, DO EVERYTHING THEY SAY IN THE ORDER THEY SAY IT! AND DO NOTTTT BE CONCEIDED! it is different to be sure of yourself, than being conceited... so after that you go back into the room and the flight attendant will be there to answer any and all questions you might have. the interviewers at this time are figuring out who they want to have a face to face and who they are sending home. they will tell you it takes about 2-3 weeks to hear from them but I don't think this is true. they called us out one by one, about half of us went one way and the other half went another. if you get lucky and do well, you will go with the half that go have a one on one and do the fingerprinting, reach test etc! you most likely got the job if you make it this far. if you don't do a fingerprint, you will not be hired. sorry! I got a call the next day saying I passed everything and now I have to take a language test because I applied for a bilingual position. does ANYONE have any idea what questions they ask you in your language test?! eeek. I hope I do ok!

Interview Questions

• what inspired you to be a flight attendant? tell us about a company you think has excellent customer service who is your role model? tell us about a time with an employer where you felt really proud of yourself what do you think the most difficult part of being a flight attendant will be?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in July 2015.

Interview

Apply through the Web site and got an email for video interview almost a week later I applied through online. And I am still waiting for another interview notice for f2f. They said I just have to wait for another interview. So I am just waiting their email or phone call.