American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process really opened my eyes to the world of aviation and transportation. During interview, you were seated at a table of 6-8 people. Get to know these people because they are your future classmates, coworkers, froends and foes. Recruiters are watching and taking notes as they observe how you interact and listen to your peers. Games are played with the intent to observe how well you relate to others and the world in general. Each interview session has a host that will guide you through the interview and answer any questions you have. Once the recruiters have observed you in a big crowd, the will hold smaller interviews with groups of 8 people. If they decide they want you, you will be called, in no particular order, from the big room to have finger prints done and an additional one-on-one interview will be held.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time where you had to take the initiative and how it worked out.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

i just got back from a f2f interview in dallas, and it was pretty easy i was so nervous and studies for days before. but i got there sat in a table with 3 other people. out of 250,000 applicants they only had 7 of us for the f2f interview that day so i think that was a good sign. We started off with an ice breaker all of the recruiters were really nice and welcoming. We had to introduce our selves and present the group activity to the room. Then we had a 5 min break and broke up into groups of three to be interviewed individually, went back into the main room watched a video about the benefits of working for the company. And then 3 people were called out of the room, and i never saw them again. And the 4 of us left in the room went to go get our fingerprints and fill out back ground test papers then were each called individually, i went to go do the reach test then was brought into the room to and had a small interview again which were more like suitability questions. about being able to follow the company's rule about piercings and tattoos and then asked about previous jobs, and that was it. Was told i would receive an email within the next week about the hire, so i guess maybe they are waiting for the back ground check to come in. I think i might have gotten the job, considering i was finger printed.

Interview Questions

• how do i diffuse a difficult situation   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I will have a face to face interview tomorrow on Jan.7.2015 so prepare for the question first. Looking for the adventure! It is a long process, I applied online on Oct.3.2014 and scheduled the face to face interview after 2 months. Just wait patiently!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online in late December of 2014 and received an invitation to complete a video interview about a week later. I completed the video interview right after New Years.

I was contacted on the 9th of January for a F2F interview in Dallas.

I had interviewed at another airline (and was not selected), so I think I was a little less nervous now that I was a little more familiar with the interviewing process.

The interview process:
    -Arrived at the training center and was told to sit at a table of about 4 others. Then, I was instructed to fill out some type of exercise and take that, my 5-year employment history, and my passport to check-in.
    -We had a group interview where we played a "get to know each other" game
    -Moved onto the smaller group interview sessions (groups of 6) where we were asked general questions
    -Went back to main room where we watched a video and did Q&A
    -People were picked to "update application"...some of them were walked out and given their flight info and a handful were taken to be fingerprinted/fill out background check information/reach test/etc. I was one of those people.

My advice is to just be yourself, smile, and relax. There were a few candidates who talked too much and tried too hard to be the center of attention and they were not selected.

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I applied online 10/08. Received email for assessment test 2 weeks later. Received email for invite to video interview 11/20. Still waiting for a response as he process will take a long time due to excessive applicants. This is my 3rd attempt to get hired. I am currently a flight attendant and this is my first time actually getting past the assessment test.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Step 1 - Online Application & Assessment
    ** background check and personality

Step 2 - Recorded Video/Web Cam Q & A
    ** 6 "STAR" formatted questions

Step 3 - Patiently Wait...
    ** 2 weeks - 5 months

Step 4 - On-sight interview scheduled (4 hrs)
    ** Passport Check, Welcome Video, Ice Breaker, Q & A, Group Interview (4-5 ?s)

Step 5 - Position/Training Overview

Step 6 - Patiently Wait

Interview Questions

• Please share a time when you provided excellent customer service/ or went above and beyond.

Why do you want to be a flight attendant?

Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Put in my app October 6th...received email for video interview Oct 20th..now waiting on acceptance or rejection. Asked me 6 questions it appeared because of the questions that their focusing on customer service...ie explain a customer service experience I received...what made it memorable? Explain a difficult customer service experience..what was the outcome

Interview Questions

• What does employee culture mean? Threw me off   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in November 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is a long one! I applied back in March of 2014 after about a week I received an email congratulating me and inviting me for a video interview. The video interview was fairly easy, 5 questions all dealing around customer service and how different situations were handled. After the video interview was submitted they informed me if I was a candidate they would send me an email informing me of a face to face interview. I was sent emails thanking me for my patience in August. In September I received another email thanking me for my patience and a few weeks later in October I was invited to Dallas, TX for a face to face interview. I flew out to Dallas in November and the interview consisted of a group activity. They wanted to see how you work with others and how you stand out yourself. You were then taken into a new group of about 5 for a group style interview. After the group interview there was a presentation about the company. They told the group (25-30ppl) that we would be asked further questions by the onlookers (current AA associates) If you were selected they finger print you and then you have a one on one interview. I was told if you were fingerprinted you got the job, this is NOT true! Not everyone who was invited for the face to face interview (they call it a recruitment day) is asked to be fingerprinted.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot if I had any questions, there was a lot of questions concerning the non-paid training period. You are told to save around $3,000 dollars to cover expenses while you are training.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Online interview: this interview is not with a real person, which feels a bit awkward. There are six total questions. You are given one minute to prepare after each question, then you must record your answer. Dress well, pull your hair back, smile a lot!

F2F: You are always being watched! You should dress like a flight attendant, but more importantly act like one. When you arrive, be friendly and chat with your fellow applicants (they're fun to talk to, anyway). You will do a group ice breaker which will force you to discuss similarities / differences between yourself and your fellow applicants and present the findings to the entire interview class. Follow directions and be courteous. This is followed by a group interview. Make sure you don't answer the question last when given the option. If you make it to the fingerprinting / 1-on-1 interview stage, congrats - you're probably going to get a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

You deal with another company first that screen applicants. If you make it through that process, you talk to American itself. If you are lucky, you are flown to Dallas for an interview in person. American is a great company in that they interview all ages and they give you immediate feedback (right after the group interview) in stark contrast to many employers.

Interview Questions

• Your most recent posting on social media   1 Answer