American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process really opened my eyes to the world of aviation and transportation. During interview, you were seated at a table of 6-8 people. Get to know these people because they are your future classmates, coworkers, froends and foes. Recruiters are watching and taking notes as they observe how you interact and listen to your peers. Games are played with the intent to observe how well you relate to others and the world in general. Each interview session has a host that will guide you through the interview and answer any questions you have. Once the recruiters have observed you in a big crowd, the will hold smaller interviews with groups of 8 people. If they decide they want you, you will be called, in no particular order, from the big room to have finger prints done and an additional one-on-one interview will be held.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time where you had to take the initiative and how it worked out.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight-forward and easy. It took about a month to hear back on my application. I was then invited to do an online video interview. Many people have posted on here the exact questions asked, which I compiled and answered on my own before interviewing. I strongly suggest doing this so that you can think your answers out. It made me feel quite a bit more comfortable. Hopefully I will hear back for the next interview soon!

Interview Questions

• 1)Tell me what has it attracted you to the American Airlines flight attendant position and what do you know about employee culture? 2) Tell me where you gained you customer service experience? 3)If you could be anywhere in the world where would you be and why? 4) Do you work best as a group member or individually? 5)Do you have any multiple piercing, tattoos, or extreme hair coloring? 6) Do you have travel documents to be able to fly to all the destinations American Airlines flies to?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

The questions were very straight-forward, simple questions about what you know about employee culture at American, if you work better on your own or in a team environment. The format of a video interview is definitely something to get used to, as there is no one on the other line. That would be the only challenging aspect of the interview process, to get through the first question and warm up to interviewing in the video format.

Interview Questions

• If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (DFW, TX).

Interview

It was a long time a go and the process has completely changed. Today you have a phone interview, then a video interview, then you are asked to go to DFW for group interviews, then one on one. If you pass all that, you have to pass a medical exam, finger prints, and I think that's it.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to become a flight attendant   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in July 2015.

Interview

The process took me about 3+ weeks. I 've applied for AA In the beginning of July and got a call/email letting me know that they we're interested and invited me to do a video interview. I took the time to prepare. I went on this very site and looked at all the questions other people had posted (recent) that they said they we're asked took notes on each question and how I was going to answer and everyone they ask we're Accurate. I felt that I've done a good job on the video interview and feeling pretty confident. As of now I'm waiting on a response. They already expressed that due to the number of applicants applying that it will take longer than we like to get back but I'm patient and each and everyday I'm praying that I get invited to Texas for the interview session. Best of luck to everyone!

Interview Questions

• 1.What attracted you to the AS Flight Attendant Position? 2.Tell me where you gained your customer service experience and how you feel about employee culture. 3.Do you work best individually or in a group? 4.Do you have any extreme hair color, tattoos, or Piercings? 5.If you could be anywhere in the world where would you be and why? 6.Do you have any travel documents to fly internationally to all AA Destinations   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application two weeks ago and received an email yesterday inviting me to complete an video assessment. I can't lie, I was so nervous! They ask me a couple of questions before the video to see if I qualify to proceed to the actual video interview. I really prepared for the questions before the video and it made a difference. I stumbled a little at first but relieved that every question that the others said was on there was really on there. Thanks everyone for sharing your experience. You guys really make a difference. Now its a waiting process to see if I'm moving forward. Keep me in your prayers and I'll do the same.

Interview Questions

• If you can be anywhere in the world where would it be and why? Do you work better as an individually or as a group? Where did you gain your customer service experience? What do you know about AA employee culture? Do you have any visible tats that can be seen if your clothes shift? D you have documents to fly and are you allowed to fly anywhere AA goes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed via video online. There were 6 basic questions. The questions are read to you, and then you answer. It is awkward talking to your computer. You cannot do it over. Know when to quit talking.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that make you a good fit for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

You complete a video interview after you apply. From what I have heard, after the video interview you are flown to Dallas to interview in person. I have not heard back from my video interview, and it was 2 weeks ago. I hear to be patient with the process! We will see what happens next.

Interview Questions

• If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Online assessment was part of the submission process. Straight-forward, but rather lengthy. Was alerted 2 weeks later to take online video interview (with 5 days). Awaiting feedback on possible next steps.

Interview Questions

• Where did I gain customer service experience and what do I know about Amerian Airlines culture?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, after that I got an email invitation to do the video interview. I did so, after a month, I got second email congratulating me to getting to invited to a face to face interview. I will be attending Dallas, on July 30, 2015. Anyone else attending that date also?

Interview Questions

• If you had the choice to be in one place right now, where would that be?   1 Answer