American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process really opened my eyes to the world of aviation and transportation. During interview, you were seated at a table of 6-8 people. Get to know these people because they are your future classmates, coworkers, froends and foes. Recruiters are watching and taking notes as they observe how you interact and listen to your peers. Games are played with the intent to observe how well you relate to others and the world in general. Each interview session has a host that will guide you through the interview and answer any questions you have. Once the recruiters have observed you in a big crowd, the will hold smaller interviews with groups of 8 people. If they decide they want you, you will be called, in no particular order, from the big room to have finger prints done and an additional one-on-one interview will be held.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time where you had to take the initiative and how it worked out.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (DFW, TX).

Interview

It was a long time a go and the process has completely changed. Today you have a phone interview, then a video interview, then you are asked to go to DFW for group interviews, then one on one. If you pass all that, you have to pass a medical exam, finger prints, and I think that's it.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to become a flight attendant   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed via video online. There were 6 basic questions. The questions are read to you, and then you answer. It is awkward talking to your computer. You cannot do it over. Know when to quit talking.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that make you a good fit for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight-forward and easy. It took about a month to hear back on my application. I was then invited to do an online video interview. Many people have posted on here the exact questions asked, which I compiled and answered on my own before interviewing. I strongly suggest doing this so that you can think your answers out. It made me feel quite a bit more comfortable. Hopefully I will hear back for the next interview soon!

Interview Questions

• 1)Tell me what has it attracted you to the American Airlines flight attendant position and what do you know about employee culture?
      2) Tell me where you gained you customer service experience?
      3)If you could be anywhere in the world where would you be and why?
      4) Do you work best as a group member or individually?
      5)Do you have any multiple piercing, tattoos, or extreme hair coloring?
      6) Do you have travel documents to be able to fly to all the destinations American Airlines flies to?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied two months ago and within the next month I received an email with an invitation for a video interview. I had 5 days to complete the video interview. I completed the video on the 4th day and I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• 1. Where did you gain your customer service experience? What do you know about employee culture?
      2. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

i just got back from a f2f interview in dallas, and it was pretty easy i was so nervous and studies for days before. but i got there sat in a table with 3 other people. out of 250,000 applicants they only had 7 of us for the f2f interview that day so i think that was a good sign. We started off with an ice breaker all of the recruiters were really nice and welcoming. We had to introduce our selves and present the group activity to the room. Then we had a 5 min break and broke up into groups of three to be interviewed individually, went back into the main room watched a video about the benefits of working for the company. And then 3 people were called out of the room, and i never saw them again. And the 4 of us left in the room went to go get our fingerprints and fill out back ground test papers then were each called individually, i went to go do the reach test then was brought into the room to and had a small interview again which were more like suitability questions. about being able to follow the company's rule about piercings and tattoos and then asked about previous jobs, and that was it. Was told i would receive an email within the next week about the hire, so i guess maybe they are waiting for the back ground check to come in. I think i might have gotten the job, considering i was finger printed.

Interview Questions

• how do i diffuse a difficult situation   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in May 2015.

Interview

I applied and almost two months later heard back for a video interview. It was a little awkward for sure. They sent me a couple reminder emails because they only give you five days to complete it. Now I'm just waiting to hear back for a potential f2f I'm not quite sure how it went and they don't send you any confirmation after you finish the video either

Interview Questions

• Do you have any visible tattoos or piercings?   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in May 2015.

Interview

Applied in January, received email on May 24 to do video interview, did it 3 days after email, haven't heard from them since, I'm hoping n praying that I'll get a good news soon. GOD IS GOOD, if it's for me I'll will get it. Good luck to all.

Interview Questions

• All about customer services   Answer Question
    • When they do call, do they interview u over the phone before asking u to come for the f2f?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Airlines (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Questions jus like was listed on website..why do u want to be a flight attendant for AA. In how are you a fit to the company. Jus completed a video interview for now.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online in late December of 2014 and received an invitation to complete a video interview about a week later. I completed the video interview right after New Years.

I was contacted on the 9th of January for a F2F interview in Dallas.

I had interviewed at another airline (and was not selected), so I think I was a little less nervous now that I was a little more familiar with the interviewing process.

The interview process:
    -Arrived at the training center and was told to sit at a table of about 4 others. Then, I was instructed to fill out some type of exercise and take that, my 5-year employment history, and my passport to check-in.
    -We had a group interview where we played a "get to know each other" game
    -Moved onto the smaller group interview sessions (groups of 6) where we were asked general questions
    -Went back to main room where we watched a video and did Q&A
    -People were picked to "update application"...some of them were walked out and given their flight info and a handful were taken to be fingerprinted/fill out background check information/reach test/etc. I was one of those people.

My advice is to just be yourself, smile, and relax. There were a few candidates who talked too much and tried too hard to be the center of attention and they were not selected.