American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (DFW, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied in October of 2013, received an email/call to do a camera interview where they ask you 6 questions recorded - about two weeks later received an email advising me of my progression, took about another two weeks before I got an update profile email to resubmit to next phase of the hiring process. Received an email a month later and a call setting up a f2f group interview, assessment day as it's called, I'm not going to elaborate too much on this, as it's the same as many other people on here.. but I will tell you, just be yourself and breath, it's important that you don't look too nervous, show some personality, you're going to love it... I would say the interview process is hard depending on your ability to adjust and keep calm in all the excitement of being there, ya know? They'll have you do a lot of things, Fingerprinting (background), DOT paperwork, reach test, medical exam, Language test, agility test, but they're there for you every step of the way, they'll answer all questions and are very patient, AWESOME Team they have!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were proud of something you did within your company or team   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Much like described by other candidates

Interview Questions

• How I would handle working in a team environment, lots of scenario questions. Asking over and over how i would handle working with difficult customers in various fashions. Seemed easy enough but no offer. Have now been offered at another major airline, don't know if its worth the time and energy.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied the last week of April, got an email and a call for an online video interview a few days later. I got a call about three weeks later from AA asking if I would be interested in flying out to DFW for a face - to - face interview. They covered the flight, but I had to pay for a hotel in TX after the interview because they could not get me back out that day. Everyone was very friendly and really helped put me at ease. There were about seven people total who interviewed my group of about 25. All of the interviewees were very friendly also. We broke off just to groups of about five and did an activity where we drew a circle and wrote three things we had in common and then each drew a line outside the circle and wrote one thing unique about ourselves. Then we sp lo it off into different groups again and did group interviews. The questions were things like "define good customer service," "what would you look for in hiring a flight attendant" "who would you choose to have dinner with if it could be anyone in the world" and "

Interview Questions

• "What's your favorite corporate brand and why?" I was not expecting this and I'm sure I absolutely blew it. All of the other questions related to flight or preparation for the position, so this one caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (DFW, TX).

Interview

It was a long time a go and the process has completely changed. Today you have a phone interview, then a video interview, then you are asked to go to DFW for group interviews, then one on one. If you pass all that, you have to pass a medical exam, finger prints, and I think that's it.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to become a flight attendant   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

First, AA will set up an automated phone interview with you. They notify by email letting you know you have gotten to that step, then you call the number provided. You will be asked 5-6 questions and given 3 minutes to answer each. They are all customer service questions, and some are situational. Next, you will receive an email asking you to come to an in person interview in Dallas. It took about 3 weeks for me to get that email. After calling the number provided they will schedule an interview in DFW about a week out. The interview experience was the best I have had yet with any airline. I have interviewed with two other major carriers (one I didn't get, the other I did but ultimately turned it down), and AA is by far the nicest bunch of folks out there. There were about 15 candidates there and it took about 4.5 hours altogether. The AA reps are welcoming, friendly, excited to be hiring, and just all-around a great group of people. You will have group interactive exercises, a small interview group with about 4 candidates and two reps, as well as a short one-on-one interview. All the interview questions are customer service related and many are situational, so be prepared to talk about specific instances where you have done out of the ordinary things for customers, or for your community in general. Not at any time were the interviewers confrontational or negative. They genuinely want to get to know you and see your real personality. I cannot reiterate enough how nice these people were. It was a very good experience, and I would have said that regardless of whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you rallied several coworkers to get a job done better and more efficiently. (or something like that)   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will not tell you right away if you got it. They will email you within two weeks. I got my email offer 6 days after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

You apply online, which takes a little while (maybe 30-40 minutes). Then if they like what they see they send you an e-mail (about a month later since it takes some time to read all the applications) that has a link to an automated phone interview. There are 6 questions on the phone interview and you get 3 minutes to answer each. Question 6: What excited you about working for American Airlines?

Interview Questions

• What aspects of being a flight attendant do you think would be the most difficult or different from other customer service jobs?   1 Answer
    • American Airlines bases are located in large metropolitan areas, tell me about your experience moving and living in a new city?   Answer Question
    • Hypothetical Situation: You are approached by an elderly woman whop has just gotten off a flight. She is very upset because her flight was late and she has to get to her daughter's wedding tomorrow. She wants to know why her flight was late and when the next available flight to Fort Lauderdale is. She also wants to know about her luggage because it contains her husbands medications   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to handle a situation that would normally be dealt with by a supervisor but there were none available. Describe the details and outcome   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

questions about being a flight attendant

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2013.

Interview

Played a group game which shows how you work with others and you confidence speaking in front of a group. Tell something unique about yourself Then you had a small group interview with 4 other people: they ask questions and you can speak in whatever order. There were about 5 different questions. Then you have a one on one interview which is basically just an overview and more of a chat rather than intensive questions. They generally fingerprint you if they plan on offering you the job.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that a co-worker went above and beyond with a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I attended my job interview in Dallas, TX yesterday, and I must say it was one of the best experience so far with an airline. From the start to the end was great. The recruiters were super and at no times they made you feel just a number like the other airlines. When you come in, they make you write something like that: You were on a plane to Japan......who would you bring with you on that flight and why..... Then we had to do a group game "Who was Who", then a group interview, and finally they call you one by one for a sort of 1:1 interview. The 1:1 was brief and just told me that I will hear from them withing 2wks. When I left the place and I was waiting for the shuttle, someone told me that if they did not ask you for your fingerprints, then they did not select you. However, one of the recruiters told us that we would not find out the same day, but to wait for an email...

Interview Questions

• All costumer related questions. So be prepare for that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

You are required to do a phone interview. You are basically interacting with a computer. You are asked a series of questions and have 3 minutes to answer each one. Make sure you are in a good frame of mind before attempting the interview.

Interview Questions

• For me it was the one about a time where i acted to bring resolution to a situatuon when a supervisor was not available.   1 Answer