American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

So far a just had the video interview. Still waiting for their answer.The interview is really easy and just be CALM! dont be nervous. Serious. Just be yourself and dont try to decorate anything

Interview Questions

• What excited you about working at AA? Do you work better in a team, or alone? My experiences with customer service If i had visible tattoo if i have a valid passport   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, after that I got an email invitation to do the video interview. I did so, after a month, I got second email congratulating me to getting to invited to a face to face interview. I will be attending Dallas, on July 30, 2015. Anyone else attending that date also?

Interview Questions

• If you had the choice to be in one place right now, where would that be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied two months ago and within the next month I received an email with an invitation for a video interview. I had 5 days to complete the video interview. I completed the video on the 4th day and I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• 1. Where did you gain your customer service experience? What do you know about employee culture? 2. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online at the beginning of June and got invited to complete the video interview the last week of June. I completed that interview and am now waiting to hear back. The video interview is very relaxed and automated. They want to learn more about your personality and why you are applying to work for them. Since you have to select if you got the interview I put yes, but I haven't completed the last interview yet. If all goes well I should hear back from them soon-ish and get invited to Dallas for an in-person interview. Impatience is setting in! :)

Interview Questions

• What about being a flight attendant would be difficult?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question
    • What excited you about working with American Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your customer service experience. How has it prepared you to be a flight attendant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

i just got back from a f2f interview in dallas, and it was pretty easy i was so nervous and studies for days before. but i got there sat in a table with 3 other people. out of 250,000 applicants they only had 7 of us for the f2f interview that day so i think that was a good sign. We started off with an ice breaker all of the recruiters were really nice and welcoming. We had to introduce our selves and present the group activity to the room. Then we had a 5 min break and broke up into groups of three to be interviewed individually, went back into the main room watched a video about the benefits of working for the company. And then 3 people were called out of the room, and i never saw them again. And the 4 of us left in the room went to go get our fingerprints and fill out back ground test papers then were each called individually, i went to go do the reach test then was brought into the room to and had a small interview again which were more like suitability questions. about being able to follow the company's rule about piercings and tattoos and then asked about previous jobs, and that was it. Was told i would receive an email within the next week about the hire, so i guess maybe they are waiting for the back ground check to come in. I think i might have gotten the job, considering i was finger printed.

Interview Questions

• how do i diffuse a difficult situation   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in May 2015.

Interview

I applied and almost two months later heard back for a video interview. It was a little awkward for sure. They sent me a couple reminder emails because they only give you five days to complete it. Now I'm just waiting to hear back for a potential f2f I'm not quite sure how it went and they don't send you any confirmation after you finish the video either

Interview Questions

• Do you have any visible tattoos or piercings?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I did a video interview towards the end of May, then I heard back from AA for a f2f interview in Dallas. They asked for my passport information to make sure I had one and scheduled me for an interview, which is in a week.

Interview Questions

• If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in May 2015.

Interview

Applied in January, received email on May 24 to do video interview, did it 3 days after email, haven't heard from them since, I'm hoping n praying that I'll get a good news soon. GOD IS GOOD, if it's for me I'll will get it. Good luck to all.

Interview Questions

• All about customer services   Answer Question
    • When they do call, do they interview u over the phone before asking u to come for the f2f?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Airlines (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Questions jus like was listed on website..why do u want to be a flight attendant for AA. In how are you a fit to the company. Jus completed a video interview for now.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online in late December of 2014 and received an invitation to complete a video interview about a week later. I completed the video interview right after New Years. I was contacted on the 9th of January for a F2F interview in Dallas. I had interviewed at another airline (and was not selected), so I think I was a little less nervous now that I was a little more familiar with the interviewing process. The interview process: -Arrived at the training center and was told to sit at a table of about 4 others. Then, I was instructed to fill out some type of exercise and take that, my 5-year employment history, and my passport to check-in. -We had a group interview where we played a "get to know each other" game -Moved onto the smaller group interview sessions (groups of 6) where we were asked general questions -Went back to main room where we watched a video and did Q&A -People were picked to "update application"...some of them were walked out and given their flight info and a handful were taken to be fingerprinted/fill out background check information/reach test/etc. I was one of those people. My advice is to just be yourself, smile, and relax. There were a few candidates who talked too much and tried too hard to be the center of attention and they were not selected.