American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.8

184 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in April 2014.

Interview step 1: Filled out application
2. Personality test
3. Automated interview(webcam)
4. Basic background check
5. Face to face interview
6. Fingerprinted.

Interview Questions
  • use on word to describe good customer service   View Answer

Better offer from other company

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at American Airlines in February 2014.

Nov/2013 - Applied online
    Nov/2013 - Personality Test online
    Dec/2013 - Video interview online
    Jan/2013 - Call to complete online application
    Jan/2013 - Invitation for F2F interview in Dallas
    Feb/2013 - Face to Face Interview, Dallas TX. Followed the advice on here, got fingerprinted.
    Feb/2013 - Recieved DOT forms via email, faxed them back
    Mar/2013 - 2.5 weeks passed, still waiting to hear back on DOT forms / Background check. Anyday now! =)

Interview Questions
    • What are your thoughts on social media?

That one came a bit out of the blue in the panel interview. They passed out cards with questions on them then we took turns standing in front of the group and speaking on our topic or question. It seemed to be a test of extemporaneous speaking skill.
        View Answer
    Terms negotiated by Flight Attendant Union. 21.26 per flight hour. 75 hour guarantee. $2.00 per diem. 8.5 weeks unpaid training. Room and board provided for training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at American Airlines in November 2013.

I applied in late October on the American Airlines website. I received a pretty quick response for me to move forward to the next step which was a personality test and then video interview. I was not that confident in my webcam interview because you are looking at yourself when speaking. However, 3 days or so later I received an email inviting me to the head quarters for the assessment day interview. when I went I wore slacks, heels, and a blazer. When going in for the assessment interview, look sharp and professional. You will meet everyone in a room to sign in. Do not forget passport, and license along with anything else they say to bring. It is important to follow directions. After we sign in we are taken to a larger room and placed in groups. We did a group activity and introduced ourselves to everyone. The trainers are watching how you interact with everyone and how comfortable you are. I didn't notice them watching until someone mentioned that that is what they were doing. After the group activity, they take 5 to 6 people into separate rooms and have the group interview. I have never done a group interview but to my surprise I really felt comfortable and enjoyed it. You will be nervous but honestly, all you can do is be yourself. Think of your answers before you speak. They are taking notes during the interview and while you are talking. Benefits of a group interview is there are more people to make eye contact with. Believe in your answers and have confidence. After the group interview we all head back to the big room where the group activity took place and you watch a video. When that is done they will start taking you out one by one. I was taken to a room for a one on one and finger prints. Within the next week I received an email to fill out my back ground forms and dot paper work which I had three days to send those back. I sent those Nov. 14th. After that I did not hear anything back for months! I would email once a month to follow up on the process. Four months later I received my offer letter and appointment to take my medical exam. I think the wait took long due to the holidays and the new year. I took my medical exam about two weeks ago and I received an email that I cleared my exam and now I am waiting on the call that will tell me when I start my training! This hiring process is long and you need to have patience Do not quit your job until you have training dates set. Good luck to everyone!

Interview Questions
    • Tell a time when you needed to take control of a situation.   View Answer

I applied online - interviewed at American Airlines.

I applied online in March 2014. Received an invitation to do a video interview three weeks later. I have completed the video interview and I am now waiting to hear back. It has been two and a half weeks and I have not heard anything yet.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a problem with a coworker. what happened? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at American Airlines in February 2014.

I was filed my apply on early Jan, got email back the next week. I received a link for web interview . A week after, I got call for F2F. It was really fan, we were playing and talking the hole time.

I applied online - interviewed at American Airlines.

So far the process has taken a little over three months. Flying out to do my F2F this Thursday. Praying!

Interview Questions
    • I found the questions to be standard, common sense questions.   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I have just made it to the video interview and am waiting to hear. The previous reviews on here were very helpful!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a difficult team experience? What made it challenging?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in March 2014.

The application process was pretty painless. Actually a lot quicker and easier than other airlines I've applied with. Uploaded resume and cover letter. Took a personality assessment too. I think that is how they weed out some people. Received an email confirming they received my application. About 4 days later I got an email saying that I had advanced to the next step and they wanted me to do a video interview. Once you get that email, you'll have 5 days to complete it. They'll even send you a reminder email and call you if you haven't completed the interview yet. The video interview was A LOT easier than I had expected. Dress as if you are going to the interview face to face. Be professional, smile, and show your personality! They know within the first 30 seconds if you are someone they would like to meet. Make sure your background is clear of everything! You want them to be able to focus on your face when they watch it, so no noisy television, or distracting paintings behind you. I found a blank white wall for mine. The video interview is automated. You'll be able to do a "test" so you can check your sound and video feed, to make sure it's working fine. The automated interviewer will read you a question and then he'll repeat it. You have 60 seconds to think about your answer, and then it automatically starts recording. You'll have 3 minutes to answer. You do not need to fill up the entire 3 minutes. I think on average, mine were probably 1 minute 30 seconds long. There are 6 questions total. Examples; "Explain a time when you received excellent customer service". "Tell me what you think about living in a new city". "What qualities do you have, that will make you a good candidate for American Airlines". Just waiting for the next step, which is an email inviting you to update your application. After that, they call you for a face to face interview in Dallas.

I applied online - interviewed at American Airlines.

Applied online. Next day, interview video link was sent. It's been 2 business days since I completed the video interview and I haven't heard anything. If God wants me to have this job, they will call me!

Interview Questions
    • The questions were expected. All of the questions were given on glass door! What qualities do you possess that make you the best candidate? Why do you want to be a flight attendant? How did you react to an angry customer?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at American Airlines in April 2014.

I applied with American Eagle Airline about one month ago. I received an email inviting me to Dallas/Fort Worth for my interview.