American Airlines

Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.8

196 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

1. Applied online in early May 2014.
 2. Received a quick response to move forward to the next step( personality test )
 3. Received an invitation to do a video interview three weeks later.
 I have completed the video interview and I am now waiting to hear back(F2F)

Interview Questions
    Describe a time when you handled difficult customer?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in June 2014.

Applied the last week of April, got an email and a call for an online video interview a few days later. I got a call about three weeks later from AA asking if I would be interested in flying out to DFW for a face - to - face interview. They covered the flight, but I had to pay for a hotel in TX after the interview because they could not get me back out that day. Everyone was very friendly and really helped put me at ease. There were about seven people total who interviewed my group of about 25. All of the interviewees were very friendly also. We broke off just to groups of about five and did an activity where we drew a circle and wrote three things we had in common and then each drew a line outside the circle and wrote one thing unique about ourselves. Then we sp lo it off into different groups again and did group interviews. The questions were things like "define good customer service," "what would you look for in hiring a flight attendant" "who would you choose to have dinner with if it could be anyone in the world" and "

Interview Questions
    • "What's your favorite corporate brand and why?" I was not expecting this and I'm sure I absolutely blew it. All of the other questions related to flight or preparation for the position, so this one caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Airlines in June 2014.

After you fill out your online application, you are given an automated interview to be completed online--no interaction with any actual human beings, just a recited question and less than five minutes to get your answer together before you respond. Nor can you edit or redo your response if you misspeak or talk over yourself--you have one shot and that's it.

Interview Questions
    • They ask what you know about American Airlines as a company as well as the most memorable customer service experience you recently had.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Airlines in May 2014.

Process has been about 2 months.
    1. Paper Application.
    2. Call to do video interview. Very simple. Just a few questions. A tad awkward as it's automated. So you're just rambling at a screen. Behavior questions. Let your personality shine. It's not what you say, it's his you say it.
    3. Invitation for f2f, a month from invitation date.
    4. arrived in dallas, ice breaker, group interview, one on one, and then fingerprinting if they like ya.

Everyone was dressed nicely, but bland. I have a little more spunk and I think that helped me stand out from the vast of sea of average Joe black, blue, and gray skirt suits. (Still, I was dressed conservatively) I was first to answer questions and was my groups spoke person for the ice breakers. Don't be too confident!! They don't want cocky people.. At all. They want people to be nervous. They want to know how excited and honored you are to be there. I noticed that the people who showed how excited they were and that they were a tad intimidated were invited to finger printing. So let your voice and knees shake a little. Lol! Smile till your cheeks burn. Talk to everyone you can. Ask where people are from. Exchange numbers. Try to make little jokes, but do not hog the spotlight . I won't lie, the whole process was very intimidating. But I was offered a position. (: Smile!!

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavior questions. How would you handle this? How would you describe yourself? (Don't get cocky!!) One word or phrase to describe customer service... Easy questions. Nothing crazy.   View Answer
    None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in May 2014.

The process was similar to what all the other previous candidates had posted. Applied online, received email, completed personality test online, completed video interview online, attended interview in Dallas, Texas. Group interview then if successful 1:1 interview and fingerprint before leaving Dallas

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were shared by previous candidates on this site.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in May 2014.

It took me all 5 months to get to my F2F interview. Up to now i can't believe the F2F process would be that silly and all they are interested is if they like you or not... They aren't really interested in your professional way of being, not even very much focused if you do look well groomed... The 5 ones they had picked in my group were the least well dressed, but the 5 ones very off and plain people who they can easily brain wash...

Interview Questions
    • Silly Silly Silly... Upon the group dynamic they already have in mind the ones they had liked the most.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

I applied online in March 2014. Received an invitation to do a video interview three weeks later. I have completed the video interview and I am now waiting to hear back. It has been two and a half weeks and I have not heard anything yet.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a problem with a coworker. what happened? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

So far the process has taken a little over three months. Flying out to do my F2F this Thursday. Praying!

Interview Questions
    • I found the questions to be standard, common sense questions.   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I have just made it to the video interview and am waiting to hear. The previous reviews on here were very helpful!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a difficult team experience? What made it challenging?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in March 2014.

Day 0 - Submitted application online

Day 5 - Received an invitation for video interview. This is an automated online interview consists of several questions and your response is recorded through your webcam.

Day 7 - Completed video interview.

Day 11- Received an email indicating "overwhelming" interest based on the video interview. But due to the large number of applicants I was advised to be patient and expect to hear from AA in the "coming months".

Day 15 - Received an invitation for on site interview. I guess I don't have to wait for months after all. And they wanted me to go the next day! Due to prior commitments I had to schedule the interview for the following week.

Day 22 10am - Arrived at AA Training and Conference Center in Ft Worth for the interview.

Interviews are usually conducted Tuesdays through Thursdays twice a day in groups of 25. In my group there were 20 women and 5 men of various age, size, and ethnicity, and several of them have language skills. Only 2 were local and the rest came from all over the country. The facilitators/evaluators were all senior FA's with 30+ years of experience. They were just as excited as the candidates because this is the first time AA has hired FA's since 9/11 and we could represent the next generation of FA's at the new AA.

To put things in perspective, there were over 100k applicants and AA has hired about 2,000 new FA's to date (starting last year). They told us we should be proud of ourselves for making it to the interview. This got everyone all pumped up!

We broke into groups of 5's to start the first exercise, which mainly deals with learning about each other and then present to the other groups. It forces you to remember names, faces, and some details about each person, and think on your feet.

Then the facilitators went through a presentation about AA, FA job requirements, and the training process. After that we were divided into 4 groups for the group interview. There were two interviewers for each group. First, each person in the group had to answer the same question. Then each person draws a random question and had to answer on the spot.

After the group interview then it's time for individual interviews, then a "reach" test (to make sure you can reach the overhead bin), and finger printing. The entire process took 4 hours.

Day 25 - Received an email to submit background check. Looks like I made it!!

Day 28 - Submitted background check.

Day 30 - Received offer letter!

Day 32 - Accepted offer

Day 38 - Foreign language assessment test

Day 42 - Medical and physical ability test

Day 45 - Schedule flight attendant training

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite superhero and why.
      Describe one of your life experiences that prepared you to be a flight attendant.

Answer Question