American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

It took me all 5 months to get to my F2F interview. Up to now i can't believe the F2F process would be that silly and all they are interested is if they like you or not... They aren't really interested in your professional way of being, not even very much focused if you do look well groomed... The 5 ones they had picked in my group were the least well dressed, but the 5 ones very off and plain people who they can easily brain wash...

Interview Questions

• Silly Silly Silly... Upon the group dynamic they already have in mind the ones they had liked the most.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I applied online in March 2014. Received an invitation to do a video interview three weeks later. I have completed the video interview and I am now waiting to hear back. It has been two and a half weeks and I have not heard anything yet.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a problem with a coworker. what happened? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

So far the process has taken a little over three months. Flying out to do my F2F this Thursday. Praying!

Interview Questions

• I found the questions to be standard, common sense questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (DFW, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Day 0 - Submitted application online

Day 5 - Received an invitation for video interview. This is an automated online interview consists of several questions and your response is recorded through your webcam.

Day 7 - Completed video interview.

Day 11- Received an email indicating "overwhelming" interest based on the video interview. But due to the large number of applicants I was advised to be patient and expect to hear from AA in the "coming months".

Day 15 - Received an invitation for on site interview. I guess I don't have to wait for months after all. And they wanted me to go the next day! Due to prior commitments I had to schedule the interview for the following week.

Day 22 10am - Arrived at AA Training and Conference Center in Ft Worth for the interview.

Interviews are usually conducted Tuesdays through Thursdays twice a day in groups of 25. In my group there were 20 women and 5 men of various age, size, and ethnicity, and several of them have language skills. Only 2 were local and the rest came from all over the country. The facilitators/evaluators were all senior FA's with 30+ years of experience. They were just as excited as the candidates because this is the first time AA has hired FA's since 9/11 and we could represent the next generation of FA's at the new AA.

To put things in perspective, there were over 100k applicants and AA has hired about 2,000 new FA's to date (starting last year). They told us we should be proud of ourselves for making it to the interview. This got everyone all pumped up!

We broke into groups of 5's to start the first exercise, which mainly deals with learning about each other and then present to the other groups. It forces you to remember names, faces, and some details about each person, and think on your feet.

Then the facilitators went through a presentation about AA, FA job requirements, and the training process. After that we were divided into 4 groups for the group interview. There were two interviewers for each group. First, each person in the group had to answer the same question. Then each person draws a random question and had to answer on the spot.

After the group interview then it's time for individual interviews, then a "reach" test (to make sure you can reach the overhead bin), and finger printing. The entire process took 4 hours.

Day 25 - Received an email to submit background check. Looks like I made it!!

Day 28 - Submitted background check.

Day 30 - Received offer letter!

Day 32 - Accepted offer

Day 38 - Foreign language assessment test

Day 42 - Medical and physical ability test

Day 45 - Schedule flight attendant training

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite superhero and why.
      Describe one of your life experiences that prepared you to be a flight attendant.

Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I have just made it to the video interview and am waiting to hear. The previous reviews on here were very helpful!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult team experience? What made it challenging?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in April 2014.

Interview

Just an update: Received invitation for online interview on April 2. Completed on April 3. Just received an email to update my online application form; this is 5 weeks after online interview. If you have completed your video and still haven't heard back, just be patient. From reading posts here, it appears that it could take another couple of weeks to get an invitation for a F2F.

Interview Questions

• What asset do you have that AA would benefit from hiring you?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Applied online. Next day, interview video link was sent. It's been 2 business days since I completed the video interview and I haven't heard anything. If God wants me to have this job, they will call me!

Interview Questions

• The questions were expected. All of the questions were given on glass door! What qualities do you possess that make you the best candidate? Why do you want to be a flight attendant? How did you react to an angry customer?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Thanks to everyone who post on this blog. The advise given is right on point. The video interview was intimidating at first. But after the first question I was able to relax. What helped me to get comfortable and stay focused, was the fact that I was dressed as if I was I face to face with the interviewer.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at American Airlines in April 2014.

Interview

I applied with American Eagle Airline about one month ago. I received an email inviting me to Dallas/Fort Worth for my interview.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in April 2014.

Interview

Interview step 1: Filled out application
    2. Personality test
    3. Automated interview(webcam)
    4. Basic background check
    5. Face to face interview
    6. Fingerprinted.

Interview Questions

• use on word to describe good customer service   1 Answer

Better offer from other company