American Airlines Interview Questions in Fort Worth, TX

Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.8

Crew Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

Group interview consisted of five or six groups of five candidates and two recruiters each. Held at American Airlines Conference Center.
    One hour-long interview [I am still in the process, no offer, no decline letter, still waiting].
    The recruiters were great and made an effort to put the candidates at ease. I noticed the recruiters watched how the candidates interacted after the interview in the hallway.

Interview Questions
    • Five people answered five questions in random order.   Answer Question
    • Tell us why you would be the best candidate.   View Answer
    • Tell us what intrigued you about working at American Airlines and what made you apply   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you dealt with someone who was angry or upset and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time when changes were out of your control and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Applied online through student career site. As others have stated, they schedule a 30 minute phone interview with a 30 minute case study afterwards. It's pretty simple if you've done your homework. The very next day they called me to schedule a face-to-face at headquarters in Fort Worth and scheduled it for 4 days later.

At the in person interview a host picks you up at the airport and we went to lunch with other candidates and hosts at a mexican place next to HQ. Then we had three 45 minute interviews and the recruiter brought us all together for 10 minutes to set expectations. I heard back after just 2 days and received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a new chair for the airplane? What things would you consider in your design?   View Answer
    They have a set salary so there isn't negotiation. They do give a signing bonus and take care of your relocation.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

I gave my resume to the recruiters on campus during the career fair event. Next, I received an invitation for an on-campus interview. I interviewed with two managers on campus. I did well on the campus interview. American Airlines flew me down for an onsite interview. I interviewed with four different managers.

Interview Questions
    • One looked at my college transcripts and asked
      1. What is a measure?
      2. What is a class?
      3. Why do you want to work here?
      4. Define a topology

Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

They will post a position on aa.com or internal career system. You applied for the job. They invite you for interview if you are selected. You go for the first interview and if they are interested in you further they call you for a second interview. If you make it then they offer you the position and the pay. You have a chance to negotiate for pay at that time if you are not satisfied with the first offer.

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions and mostly generic for the field. It is mostly scenarion question.   Answer Question
    Nogotiate for salary was bureacratic. Someone has to talk to someone higer to get a feedback in days, weeks, or months. I

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in October 2014.

I submitted my resume through campus recruiting and got a call a few weeks later asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, included mostly behavioral questions and "walk me through your resume" and "what are you most proud of". The phone interview was followed by an email with a "test" with probability type questions and it had to be sent back within 30 minutes.

About a week later I got another call offering a second round interview at headquarters in Fort Worth. They scheduled me to fly out early in the morning and land at DFW by 8am where I was met by a host for the day who picked me up and brought me to the office. After getting visitors' badges, several other candidates and I had a brief meeting with a manager about the RM department, then we each had 3 back-to-back 45 minute interviews with different people. After all of the candidates finished their interviews, AA hosted a lunch for us at a Mexican restaurant with all of the hosts and a few managers. I was on a flight back home by 3pm. Other candidates from out of state were put up in hotels for the night before and also flew home after the lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Prioritize these five situations according to which one you would want to deal with as soon as possible to the ones that could be dealt with later.
      a. Southwest offers 10% discount on all fares.
      b. United launches new route from Salt Lake City to *some city* in Montana.
      c. AirTran lowers fares for college students traveling to Florida in March.
      d. You're giving a presentation to your VP in 1 hour and haven't started preparing.
      e. United, AirTran, and Southwest all increase prices on fares for 3 different routes that AA also flies.

View Answers (2)
    I wasn't able to negotiate during my verbal acceptance. I asked if the salary was flexible and the hiring manager said that "HR gives us this number to offer candidates". Former employee also told me that the pay structure was firm. Might try to negotiate again when signing written offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Had an hour long group interview and they told us they will make a decision weather to offer the job to someone or call us back for a second interview next week. Waited for 2 weeks when they decided we need to come in for a second. The second was 2 hour long in a freezing dinning room. To do a computer test by typing up a word document, basic excel and creating a power point slide. Waste of time!

Interview Questions
    • 1. Analyzing their quarterly balance sheet and talk about as many things as possible.
      2. Benefit of a credit unions compared to banks

Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Airlines in May 2014.

Process has been about 2 months.
    1. Paper Application.
    2. Call to do video interview. Very simple. Just a few questions. A tad awkward as it's automated. So you're just rambling at a screen. Behavior questions. Let your personality shine. It's not what you say, it's his you say it.
    3. Invitation for f2f, a month from invitation date.
    4. arrived in dallas, ice breaker, group interview, one on one, and then fingerprinting if they like ya.

Everyone was dressed nicely, but bland. I have a little more spunk and I think that helped me stand out from the vast of sea of average Joe black, blue, and gray skirt suits. (Still, I was dressed conservatively) I was first to answer questions and was my groups spoke person for the ice breakers. Don't be too confident!! They don't want cocky people.. At all. They want people to be nervous. They want to know how excited and honored you are to be there. I noticed that the people who showed how excited they were and that they were a tad intimidated were invited to finger printing. So let your voice and knees shake a little. Lol! Smile till your cheeks burn. Talk to everyone you can. Ask where people are from. Exchange numbers. Try to make little jokes, but do not hog the spotlight . I won't lie, the whole process was very intimidating. But I was offered a position. (: Smile!!

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavior questions. How would you handle this? How would you describe yourself? (Don't get cocky!!) One word or phrase to describe customer service... Easy questions. Nothing crazy.   View Answer
    None.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Panel of the manager and 2 co workers. Interview went great actually, very laid back line of questioning but still relevant to the job. They are looking for personality on top of skill sets.

Took less than a week to get the first phone interview call. Then about a week later for the actual interview. Then at work for my first day about 2 weeks after that. All in all, from start to hire - 1 month.

Make sure you get all details of the job! I was lead to believe one job description then expected to do something else 10x what my abilities were.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. My fault…I didn't really try, I was just so eager to get a job.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Initial Phone Screen, 2 person Technical Phone, Face-to-Face Panel Interview, Skills Test

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in January 2014.

Applied online around 10/30/12, received an invitation to do a video interview about one month later. The questions are consistent with what everyone has been saying so I won't mention them. I did the video interview then another month in december I received a phone call that I was invited to go to Texas on 1/17/13.

The interview process, again, is consistent with what everyone has been saying. I felt I had a upper hand on who did not do their research. They did the who's who exercise, then the group interview followed. I did what basically anyone would. The entire time in both the exercise and the group interview I smiled, I had great energy and worked with everyone as a team and was friendly with everyone around me even before the interview started. I did what I could to stand out , like be the group leader and present our selves to the room in the who's who exercise.

The interesting thing is that the first thing they said no one will hear back same day. They said we would hear back within 2 weeks whether or not we got the job or not. From what I heard, this is not consistent with how they've been hiring.

After the group interview we went back in a room and somewhere they deliberated , called us out by name and walked us to the door as we "casually spoke" and got to ask any questions. The second we parted ways I knew I didn't get it. It just didn't feel right.

In the group interview, in retrospect I think being the first to respond may have been my downfall. My confidence and lack of nervousness may have may have came off as a bit overbearing in all honesty. Hopefully others can learn form my mistake I just wanted to make sure I put my best foot forward. I guess I should of pretended to be nervous and timid.

So they were dishonest about hearing back within two weeks. This kind of gave the people who left false hope to only be disappointed when they got home. I heard people from other interviews were crying after their interview so I guess to keep the tears out of the site they told us that crock.

I don't remember seeing everyone leaving with us to the shuttle, even ones who were called before myself, some people were left behind and I'm assuming they did their one on one and fingerprinting etc. I didn't say it then but based on what my friends who got the job told me, if you're waiting for the shuttle without doing anything else you didn't get the job.

Now that I was back I had to make some life decisions that would be impacted on whether or not I got the job so I decided to call the talent services number they leave in the email to see what the status was. They said it was under review. Then shortly after that i got an email saying i was not chosen.

I think it was kind of messed up they would had me waiting 2 weeks, lucky I called.
    ------------------------------------
    Things you should know:

Base pay $21.26
    Per diem $2.00/hr domestic $2.20/hr international
    They said it could be between $600-$800 per month but I'm sure they are over estimating to make it look good.
    Average hours\ @ $21.26 is 75-80 hours a month.
    Average days is 15-18 per month
    Your uniform will cost $800 dollars however they'll take between 16 and 20 dollars per check to pay it off over the course of 2 years.
    Your going to be on alternating reserve / scheduled. First month schedule, the next reserve etc.
    Average per diem hours @ $2.00 is 6 hours when you're on " reserve " ( on call ). They explained this as having to sit at the airport for at least 6 hours and you wait and see if the other flight attendant will make it to the airport, this means that you made 12 dollars over 6 hours to potentially waste your time if the other FA shows up.

If the flight attendant miraculously didn't show up they pay you for 3 hours flight time @ $21.26 out of that potential 6 hours you waited ( the remainder at $2.00) IF the flight is LONGER than 3 hours. if the flight is LESS than 3 hours, they pay you the flight time and the per diem.

They recommend you have $3000 to make a deposit for a apartment incase you get based away from you own city. However, they give you unlimited passes to travel between your own city and the city you have to fly out to but they don't recommend it.

They decide who gets based where with a huge consideration on your age.

If it concerns you, JFK and LGA, MIA are junior bases so you're likely to get it if its your first pick and the oldest. Senior bases are of course their larger hubs , Dallas, Chicago, LAX etc.

Good luck to anyone who I interviewed with on the 1/17/13 I wish you all the best in training and future endeavors !

Interview Questions
    • They give you flash cards in the group interview to answer. Not hard questions, but you just have to think on your toes   Answer Question