American Airlines Interview Questions in Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.7

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Step 1, Online Application: fill out questionnaire and answer employment history questions. Step 2, Video Interview: record an video of yourself dress in professional attire (at least where the camera sees you, LOL), 1 minute for each answer, 5 or 6 questions total. Step 3, Face to Face Interview: If they like you in your video interview, they will invite you to a face to face interview at Dallas. You will be in a room with a large group of other candidates, you should use the time to meet and greet them, since you will be working with them later in group activities and interviews. Next, you will be playing a game in groups of 5-7 people. Follow by a group interview of another group of 5-7 people. Upon this point, it'd be ANTM, the "judges" would go behind the scene and deliberate, afterwards (about an hour), they will call candidates one by one for a final one to one interview. Step 4, Conditional Offer/Email of Rejection: Someone will get in contact with you and tell you the good news and begin the pre-employment process. If you not, you will get an email asking you to try again the next time.

Interview Questions

• What motivated you to apply with AA and why do you want to become a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

There will be one excel test upon your arrival to check your excel working ability. It is followed by two face to face interviews with two managing directors. The interview overall is pretty smooth. All AA people seem really nice, and it is definitely a comfortable place to work this summer.

Home Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Did application, and a few days later they emailed back, to study for codes test, they were good with communication. I took the test 2 weeks later, they gave plenty of study time, there is a lot of codes to learn test was easy, for the ones who studied. I did a group interview, 2-3 people with 2 interviewers. They were very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing, was negotiable. Everything is pretty much set.

Crew Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Group interview consisted of five or six groups of five candidates and two recruiters each. Held at American Airlines Conference Center. One hour-long interview [I am still in the process, no offer, no decline letter, still waiting]. The recruiters were great and made an effort to put the candidates at ease. I noticed the recruiters watched how the candidates interacted after the interview in the hallway.

Interview Questions

• Five people answered five questions in random order.   Answer Question
    • Tell us why you would be the best candidate.   1 Answer
    • Tell us what intrigued you about working at American Airlines and what made you apply   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you dealt with someone who was angry or upset and what you did to overcome it.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when changes were out of your control and what you did to overcome it.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Complete online application and assessment survey. Within two weeks, you will receive an email inviting you to the next step in the interviewing process. Attend a group interview. Within a week of the interview, you will be notified via email if you are extended an offer and the next steps in the onboarding process.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Applied online through student career site. As others have stated, they schedule a 30 minute phone interview with a 30 minute case study afterwards. It's pretty simple if you've done your homework. The very next day they called me to schedule a face-to-face at headquarters in Fort Worth and scheduled it for 4 days later. At the in person interview a host picks you up at the airport and we went to lunch with other candidates and hosts at a mexican place next to HQ. Then we had three 45 minute interviews and the recruiter brought us all together for 10 minutes to set expectations. I heard back after just 2 days and received an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a new chair for the airplane? What things would you consider in your design?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have a set salary so there isn't negotiation. They do give a signing bonus and take care of your relocation.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I gave my resume to the recruiters on campus during the career fair event. Next, I received an invitation for an on-campus interview. I interviewed with two managers on campus. I did well on the campus interview. American Airlines flew me down for an onsite interview. I interviewed with four different managers.

Interview Questions

• One looked at my college transcripts and asked 1. What is a measure? 2. What is a class? 3. Why do you want to work here? 4. Define a topology   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I had phone screen & they got back to me after 1 month. I had F2F with 2 senior managers & it went very well. I was short listed & called for 2nd interview after 1 more month. I met the team & they were all very friendly. After that I got confirmed offer after 1 month. The total time taken was close to 4 -5 months.

Interview Questions

• Experience in project management , situation questions. Agile process , team management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation in my case. I would still recommend to stick with your expectation .I was offered close & I accepted due to the team & company. I'm glad I did that.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

They will post a position on aa.com or internal career system. You applied for the job. They invite you for interview if you are selected. You go for the first interview and if they are interested in you further they call you for a second interview. If you make it then they offer you the position and the pay. You have a chance to negotiate for pay at that time if you are not satisfied with the first offer.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions and mostly generic for the field. It is mostly scenarion question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nogotiate for salary was bureacratic. Someone has to talk to someone higer to get a feedback in days, weeks, or months. I

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through campus recruiting and got a call a few weeks later asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, included mostly behavioral questions and "walk me through your resume" and "what are you most proud of". The phone interview was followed by an email with a "test" with probability type questions and it had to be sent back within 30 minutes. About a week later I got another call offering a second round interview at headquarters in Fort Worth. They scheduled me to fly out early in the morning and land at DFW by 8am where I was met by a host for the day who picked me up and brought me to the office. After getting visitors' badges, several other candidates and I had a brief meeting with a manager about the RM department, then we each had 3 back-to-back 45 minute interviews with different people. After all of the candidates finished their interviews, AA hosted a lunch for us at a Mexican restaurant with all of the hosts and a few managers. I was on a flight back home by 3pm. Other candidates from out of state were put up in hotels for the night before and also flew home after the lunch.

Interview Questions

• Prioritize these five situations according to which one you would want to deal with as soon as possible to the ones that could be dealt with later. a. Southwest offers 10% discount on all fares. b. United launches new route from Salt Lake City to *some city* in Montana. c. AirTran lowers fares for college students traveling to Florida in March. d. You're giving a presentation to your VP in 1 hour and haven't started preparing. e. United, AirTran, and Southwest all increase prices on fares for 3 different routes that AA also flies.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate during my verbal acceptance. I asked if the salary was flexible and the hiring manager said that "HR gives us this number to offer candidates". Former employee also told me that the pay structure was firm. Might try to negotiate again when signing written offer.