American Airlines
www.aa.com Fort Worth, TX 5000+ Employees

American Airlines French Speaking Flight Attendant Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

French Speaking Flight Attendant Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online for highlighted job posting. Received a virtual interview invitation about a week later. The virtual interview was basically an online video recorded interview in which a recording would ask questions and you record your answers.
Q1) Why do you want to work for AA?
Q2) Tell me about a time when a customer was angry and how you resolved that issue
Q3) A woman stops you during a flight and tells you that upon landing she will need your assistance in getting a wheelchair and that her family will be waiting to receive her. Please recite back to me the information you were just given
(plus various other customer service questions)

About a week later I received a phone call from a recruiter asking me to fly to Dallas to interview. Keep in mind that this is a high demand job and if you currently have another job they will not consider a date and time that is best for you. She TOLD me the interview would be in 2 days and she told me I would receive flight information by email. I asked if that was the only available interview date since I had work that day and she said yes. Well, I called in sick that day and hopped on a plane to Dallas--which was pretty cool because they pay for the flight and try to upgrade you to first class if it is available. Once I got to Dallas they shuttled me to the Training facility which is like a dorm for Flight Attendants during training. There was a large group interview in which we did a group activity--sort of like an icebreaker. Next, we split up into small groups and were asked about 5 questions.
Q1) Please tell me about a time a coworker surprised you
Q2) Please tell me something you learned about someone else in this room during these questions
Q3) Please tell me a time when you went above and beyond your job duties for a customer
(other customer service questions)

After the group interview all of us (or maybe not, but I was) were interviewed individually and asked more customer service questions. Next, we were fingerprinted and performed a reach test (sorry too all the short people). And that was the end. I flew back home and received a text message that night saying I was being processed to the next part of the hiring process and that I basically got the job pending a physical exam and language test.

About a week later I was scheduled a Foreign Language test and a week after that I had to take it. For this, you call into the University Language Center and the receptionist will direct your call to the appropriate test conductor. The test is taken COMPLETELY in the language. The conductor will ask you to verify your identy: name--family name, first name. The last 4 of your social. Your phone number...etc.
Next, my conductor gave me a role play situation: "You are a flight attendant and it is meal time. I am a customer and we are interacting about the food menu and options"
After the role play, she told me she will provide the results to my employer and they will get back to me.

The next day my recruiter called with the results and a week after that an email was sent to me with an employment offer. It stated my employment was still pending a drug test and physical.

Interview Question – For me, the French test was pretty hard since I am not completely fluent. On the application I noted that I was conversational. Also, I could barely hear the French conductor over the phone so that added to the difficulty level.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined because the 8 1/2 weeks of training are unpaid and you will not know where you are based until the very end, after which they fly you to your new base and give you a hotel for 2 days. They told us we should have $3000 in savings for training and relocating. Location bases were Dallas, Washington DC, Boston, New York, Miami, LA, San Fran, Chicago. I was not ready to relocate nor do I have that kind of savings to do so--especially if I were to get relocated to NY where the cost of living is so high.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Airlines

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Airlines French Speaking Flight Attendant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by American Airlines employees and interview candidates.