American Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.8

Home Based Reservations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in March 2015.

Fairly simple. Domestic City Code test followed by a group interview preceding an off of employment if both the previously mentioned go well.

First step of the process is online application. Once the app is done you receive an email to complete a phone interview. The phone interview is done pre-recorded questions asked by a Manager. The phone interview is 5 questions. If you have done well with this process they send you an email with a packet including the city codes to study for the testing stage.

You schedule your test via email.

City code test is simple. Mnemonic devices work well with memorization. It is about 50 questions and a 75% or better is needed to pass.

After, if you have passed the city code test, you schedule your face to face interview.

During the face to face interview all candidates are together and they provide more in depth information about the company and the job description. After this you are taken by groups of 4-6 to interview with at least two managers.

If you have done well during the interview process, you will be offered the job via email. This takes about 3-5 days. If you are rejected they send a letter via mail.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to deal with an irate customer; how did you remedy the situation?   Answer Question

Revenue Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Airlines.

HR screening; a phone interview with team member and a test need to be done within 30 minutes; flying to Texas for a on site interview include a lunch with managers then interviewed with 3 managers.

Interview Questions
    • half behavior and half technical questions. Like tell me your most weakness.. How do you understand about revenue management   View Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

A month after I applied I got email to schedule a one on one. Everyone was friendly and laid back. The next day I received an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer that was late missed his/her flight and now he/she is blaming you for this?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, set hourly pay. Very low pay, 4-5hr shifts if no delays, travel benefits

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Airlines.

If you have atleast 4 years experience you should be able to get in with no problem. They ask you a few questions about your past experience. then they are going to give you a practial test. after thats its the medical and background check.

Home Based Reservations Representative (HBR) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in March 2015.

The interview consisted of a group of 6, with 2 ladies in management asking the questions. There were a total of 5 questions - very basic & easy. The ladies asking the questions were very reassuring and sweet. They really helped take the edge off of our nervousness. It was a little tricky though, because at times they would have blank stares with our answers, nevertheless, the end result was great. They answered any and all questions we had after the interview. Also, I read in other posts that some people were held in a room and others were sent out. That was not the case. We were all told that we would hear something in a day or two on whether or not we would be offered a job. I heard back via email the very next day (in the evening).

Interview Questions
    • 1 - Describe a time when I had an unhappy customer, and what I did to solve the problem (not verbatim, but along those lines). 2 - What have I done to troubleshoot my computer. 3 - Name 3 values I find to be important. 4 - What is a reason(s) that would be okay to miss work. 5 - How do I feel about working nights, days, weekends, and holidays. I wish all interviews were like this. If I can make it to the next round, TRUST ME, you can, too!! Good Luck!   View Answer

Home Based Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

First an phone interview then if advance to next step have to take a city code test upon passing that an Face to Face interview is conducted. Face to Face interview was an group interview with other candidates and two American Airline Employers. Interview was a great overall.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had a challenge at work and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    N/A

Administrator Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

Applied January 10, 2015. Received a phone call 30 days later for an interview with the hiring manager and the assistant manager. Airline arranged for my transportation to and from the airport. The interview was conducted at the airport operation office In the conference room.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work for American Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation in which you were unable to finish a task and how did you learn from your mistake?   Answer Question
    • What is the least thing that you liked about your current or last job?   Answer Question

Crew Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

Group interview consisted of five or six groups of five candidates and two recruiters each. Held at American Airlines Conference Center.
    One hour-long interview [I am still in the process, no offer, no decline letter, still waiting].
    The recruiters were great and made an effort to put the candidates at ease. I noticed the recruiters watched how the candidates interacted after the interview in the hallway.

Interview Questions
    • Five people answered five questions in random order.   Answer Question
    • Tell us why you would be the best candidate.   View Answer
    • Tell us what intrigued you about working at American Airlines and what made you apply   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you dealt with someone who was angry or upset and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time when changes were out of your control and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer

Staff Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

6 applicants Group interview Meeting at their hanger headquarters with two AA interviewers. Each applicant answered to specific questions and the process took about 40 minutes. Interviewers had prepared questions they read to the applicants and each applicant could hear the others answers.

Interview Questions
    • What was one of the most difficult employee relations issues you dealt with?   Answer Question
    • How much sick or vacation time did you use last year?   View Answer
    • What type of software do you know and how much experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about working nights, evenings and holidays?   Answer Question
    • Do you understand the process will probably take up to 6 weeks before you would start working?   Answer Question

Was offered another job in my field that was a significant pay increase from AA salary.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

I will have a face to face interview tomorrow on Jan.7.2015 so prepare for the question first. Looking for the adventure! It is a long process, I applied online on Oct.3.2014 and scheduled the face to face interview after 2 months. Just wait patiently!