American Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process really opened my eyes to the world of aviation and transportation. During interview, you were seated at a table of 6-8 people. Get to know these people because they are your future classmates, coworkers, froends and foes. Recruiters are watching and taking notes as they observe how you interact and listen to your peers. Games are played with the intent to observe how well you relate to others and the world in general. Each interview session has a host that will guide you through the interview and answer any questions you have. Once the recruiters have observed you in a big crowd, the will hold smaller interviews with groups of 8 people. If they decide they want you, you will be called, in no particular order, from the big room to have finger prints done and an additional one-on-one interview will be held.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time where you had to take the initiative and how it worked out.   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Airlines in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was not hard at all. I was very surprised on the questions. There are some pre-questions before the actual video interview to find out if you are qualified. Do you have tattoos, multiple ear piercing, or extreme hair color? Can you adhere to this policy? Yes or no. Do you have travel doc. to travel unrestricted to all the countries that AA services? Are you willing to relocate immediately after training? What other languages do you speak?

Interview Questions

• 1)Tell me what has it attracted you to the American Airlines flight attendant position and what do you know about employee culture? 2) Tell me where you gained you customer service experience? 3)If you could be anywhere in the world where would you be and why? 4) Do you work best as a group member or individually? 5)Do you have any multiple piercing, tattoos, or extreme hair coloring? 6) Do you have travel documents to be able to fly to all the destinations American Airlines flies to?   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight-forward and easy. It took about a month to hear back on my application. I was then invited to do an online video interview. Many people have posted on here the exact questions asked, which I compiled and answered on my own before interviewing. I strongly suggest doing this so that you can think your answers out. It made me feel quite a bit more comfortable. Hopefully I will hear back for the next interview soon!

Interview Questions

• 1)Tell me what has it attracted you to the American Airlines flight attendant position and what do you know about employee culture? 2) Tell me where you gained you customer service experience? 3)If you could be anywhere in the world where would you be and why? 4) Do you work best as a group member or individually? 5)Do you have any multiple piercing, tattoos, or extreme hair coloring? 6) Do you have travel documents to be able to fly to all the destinations American Airlines flies to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

We started out with group activities, I suppose as an ice breaker and for them to see how we interact as a group. We were then taken to smaller group interviews and asked a few questions. I was not invited to the second round of one on one interviews. The people who made it were dressed conservatively but still attractive. It didn't seem to matter in the group interviews if you took a long time with your response or answered last, as long as it was well thought out and articulate. Remember to highlight your good qualities as a worker and why you want to work for the company, not just describing a detailed work history or why you want to fly. I also noticed that anyone who looked over the age of 30-35 did not make it to the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment as a worker when you felt very proud of your accomplishment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I first applied in February online. I received an email a few days later for a FaceTime interview. Once i completed that, they didn't get back in touch with me for 4 months. They have scheduled a face to face interview and now I am just waiting for that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Airlines (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Apllication online. Behavioral questions. One week later I received an email congratulating me. Next step of the interview process was the video interview. You have to take in the next 5 days. I was very nervous but They give you 60 seconds to think and 2 minutes to answer. Video Interview were 5 questions. Thank you everyone for posting all your questions and answers were very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Basically all the questions that everyone have posted. Why American Airlines? Do you have any tatoos or piercing? What can you bring to the position?Where did you gain your customer service? What Do you know about the core values of the company?If you could be anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Step 1, Online Application: fill out questionnaire and answer employment history questions. Step 2, Video Interview: record an video of yourself dress in professional attire (at least where the camera sees you, LOL), 1 minute for each answer, 5 or 6 questions total. Step 3, Face to Face Interview: If they like you in your video interview, they will invite you to a face to face interview at Dallas. You will be in a room with a large group of other candidates, you should use the time to meet and greet them, since you will be working with them later in group activities and interviews. Next, you will be playing a game in groups of 5-7 people. Follow by a group interview of another group of 5-7 people. Upon this point, it'd be ANTM, the "judges" would go behind the scene and deliberate, afterwards (about an hour), they will call candidates one by one for a final one to one interview. Step 4, Conditional Offer/Email of Rejection: Someone will get in contact with you and tell you the good news and begin the pre-employment process. If you not, you will get an email asking you to try again the next time.

Interview Questions

• What motivated you to apply with AA and why do you want to become a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I filled out online application and finished assessment on Aug. 3rd, 2015. I received email for video interview on Aug. 7th and it needs to be completed with in 5 days. There were 6 questions which are same as others posted. I'm now just waiting to hear back from AA.

Interview Questions

• What attracted to you for flight attendant position and what do you know about company culture?   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

You send in your resume and cover letter and if selected, you get a call for a phone screening. After that there is a skills assessment that consists of a case that needs to be completed in 60 minutes. You get the case, build an access model and write a memo of your findings. If you pass that round you are invited to headquarters to meet with different departments, which could be with 4-5 people from each department in a half day setting. If you meet with two departments, it is a full day interview with 8-10 people in 30 minute chunks. For lunch you go out with staff members of the teams you interview with.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, explain any gaps Tell me about a time when you failed Tell me about your Strengths and Weaknesses Why American and why work for an airline Case studies on airline specific scenario: wifi, cargo, route planning, passenger mix, bundled pricing, in-flight entertainment, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I filled out my app in may. Got my email for video interview in july. Got my f2f interview in dallas in august. The video interview was easy. Just answer their questions and remember to keep smiling. The f2f was in dallas texas in their training facility. They flew me out and then from the airport i got a shuttle to the facility. Walked to the interview room and sat us in tables in groups of about 6-8. First thing we did was fill out this paper where we had an example "if the CEO of aa was on your flight in first class, and it was your first day as a flight attendant in first class, list these options in order from most important being number 1 to least important being number 5" That was fairly easy. Use your better judgement and always remember, the customer ALWAYS comes first. next they had us watch this little video which was followed with the recruiters all gathering around the room introducing themselves and saying how long they've been with aa. After that they had us play a game "whos who" pretty much your table had to create this circle in the middle of a big sized piece of paper with 3 lines in it. on these three lines we had to come up with 3 things we had in common. then outside of the circle we each had to write down something unique about ourselves. During this activity the recruiters will walk around and take note of how youre behaving. Whether youre participating as a team, how well you get along with your group, if youre actually interested with your teammates. Once you are finished you then go up to the front and one of your team members presents the finished product. then the rest of the interviewers have to guess whos who. this game is fun and its meant to break the ice and get you in a lighter mood. just have fun and be yourself. After the activity, the recruiters then begin to call you out in groups of about 6. During the group interview, be attentive to your team mates. Listen to each of them answer their questions and just be genuine. When you are up to answer the question, take deep breaths. The recruiters are super nice. They know youre nervous but they also want to see your personality shine and see you at ease even though your nerves are killing you. speak in a clear voice and try and smile every chance you get. Smile and show them that youre happy to be there. Try to stay away from saying that you love to travel if they ask why youd make the perfect candidate for the position. They want to know that you want to do it for the satisfaction of making customers day. REMEMBER customer service, team work, and safety is key. Then after the group interview we went back in to the interview room and watched a slide show going over benefits, pay, schedule, and relocating. After that, the recruiters came back into the room and began calling us out one by one. only about 10/30 of us stayed to fill out a background check paper and do finger printing. We did a 1 on 1 and a reach test. After all thAT was finished, they began calling us out every 10 minutes and walking us to the front. said theyd get back to us in about 2 weeks. and now we wait.