American Airlines

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

A month after I applied I got email to schedule a one on one. Everyone was friendly and laid back. The next day I received an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer that was late missed his/her flight and now he/she is blaming you for this?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, set hourly pay. Very low pay, 4-5hr shifts if no delays, travel benefits

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Airlines.

If you have atleast 4 years experience you should be able to get in with no problem. They ask you a few questions about your past experience. then they are going to give you a practial test. after thats its the medical and background check.

Revenue Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Airlines.

HR screening; a phone interview with team member and a test need to be done within 30 minutes; flying to Texas for a on site interview include a lunch with managers then interviewed with 3 managers.

Interview Questions
    • half behavior and half technical questions. Like tell me your most weakness.. How do you understand about revenue management   Answer Question

Administrator Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

Applied January 10, 2015. Received a phone call 30 days later for an interview with the hiring manager and the assistant manager. Airline arranged for my transportation to and from the airport. The interview was conducted at the airport operation office In the conference room.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work for American Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation in which you were unable to finish a task and how did you learn from your mistake?   Answer Question
    • What is the least thing that you liked about your current or last job?   Answer Question

Crew Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

Group interview consisted of five or six groups of five candidates and two recruiters each. Held at American Airlines Conference Center.
    One hour-long interview [I am still in the process, no offer, no decline letter, still waiting].
    The recruiters were great and made an effort to put the candidates at ease. I noticed the recruiters watched how the candidates interacted after the interview in the hallway.

Interview Questions
    • Five people answered five questions in random order.   Answer Question
    • Tell us why you would be the best candidate.   View Answer
    • Tell us what intrigued you about working at American Airlines and what made you apply   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you dealt with someone who was angry or upset and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time when changes were out of your control and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer

Crew Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

I first applied online in December and received a call at the beginning of February that they wanted to fly me to Dallas, Texas for an interview the following week. It was a group interview setting, not intimidating, and it was about an hour long. After that, I was right back on the (American Airlines) plane and headed back home!

Fleet Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

I received an email requesting an in person group interview two days after I applied. Each person in my group was interviewed one-on-one with a hiring manager.

The interview itself was very easy (only about 10-15 mins). The manager asked me a few questions about my background and my interest in the company. I then had an opportunity to ask questions of my own. After that, I was hired on the spot and proceeded to do fingerprints and drug test.

Fleet Service Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

The interview was a group interview style. There were 11 other people interviewing. We went around the room in ordering answering 6 different questions. Be yourself and be honest. 3 elements that are super important are Customer Service, Safety, and Dependability so keep that in mind. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for American Airlines?   Answer Question
    • What is your current job and what do you like and dislike about it?   Answer Question
    • Are you available to work extended hours/nights/weekends?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to perform the functions necessary of the fleet service clerk?   Answer Question

P/T Customer Reservation Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interesting way to be interviewed with 3 other candidates. Waited in the ticket counter area for 40 minutes due to the interviewer running late, then taken in a office area with 3 other candidates to be interviewed at the same time. Three managers took turns asking questions and we all took turns answering the questions. Easy and friendly environment. I enjoyed the whole process. No negatives that I can think of during the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Your basic why and your experience from previous jobs.   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

I will have a face to face interview tomorrow on Jan.7.2015 so prepare for the question first. Looking for the adventure! It is a long process, I applied online on Oct.3.2014 and scheduled the face to face interview after 2 months. Just wait patiently!