American Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process really opened my eyes to the world of aviation and transportation. During interview, you were seated at a table of 6-8 people. Get to know these people because they are your future classmates, coworkers, froends and foes. Recruiters are watching and taking notes as they observe how you interact and listen to your peers. Games are played with the intent to observe how well you relate to others and the world in general. Each interview session has a host that will guide you through the interview and answer any questions you have. Once the recruiters have observed you in a big crowd, the will hold smaller interviews with groups of 8 people. If they decide they want you, you will be called, in no particular order, from the big room to have finger prints done and an additional one-on-one interview will be held.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time where you had to take the initiative and how it worked out.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Airlines in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was not hard at all. I was very surprised on the questions. There are some pre-questions before the actual video interview to find out if you are qualified. Do you have tattoos, multiple ear piercing, or extreme hair color? Can you adhere to this policy? Yes or no. Do you have travel doc. to travel unrestricted to all the countries that AA services? Are you willing to relocate immediately after training? What other languages do you speak?

Interview Questions

• 1)Tell me what has it attracted you to the American Airlines flight attendant position and what do you know about employee culture? 2) Tell me where you gained you customer service experience? 3)If you could be anywhere in the world where would you be and why? 4) Do you work best as a group member or individually? 5)Do you have any multiple piercing, tattoos, or extreme hair coloring? 6) Do you have travel documents to be able to fly to all the destinations American Airlines flies to?   1 Answer

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in June 2015.

Interview

It was very easy at first I was SUPER nervous but after hearing a few questions I became confident in myself! The questions were easy and the time frame to gather your thoughts is a huge help. Just relax & be secure within yourself. Remember your just showing them why YOUR the perfect fit for this position. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• If you could be any where in the world right now where would you be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (DFW, TX).

Interview

It was a long time a go and the process has completely changed. Today you have a phone interview, then a video interview, then you are asked to go to DFW for group interviews, then one on one. If you pass all that, you have to pass a medical exam, finger prints, and I think that's it.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to become a flight attendant   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Group interviews that are done with partners. Each person asks other questions and you give the answers for the other person. So, it is dependent upon what they remember and write down.

Interview Questions

• A: The interview asked what is the one thing you wish you could say, but didn't get the chance to say?

B: One word to describe you?

4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight-forward and easy. It took about a month to hear back on my application. I was then invited to do an online video interview. Many people have posted on here the exact questions asked, which I compiled and answered on my own before interviewing. I strongly suggest doing this so that you can think your answers out. It made me feel quite a bit more comfortable. Hopefully I will hear back for the next interview soon!

Interview Questions

2) Tell me where you gained you customer service experience?
      3)If you could be anywhere in the world where would you be and why?
      4) Do you work best as a group member or individually?
      5)Do you have any multiple piercing, tattoos, or extreme hair coloring?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied to American Airlines about a month ago. About a week and a half ago I got an email congratulating me on the being selected for the next step of the interview process and to take the video interview in the next 5 days. The video interview made me nervous because I wasn't sure what to expect. The video interview was pretty simple. You set your computer up somewhere quite and a voice from the program asks you 6 questions. You have 60 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to respond. Make sure to pay attention to the questions and take a deep breathe before answering! The email told me that it could take a while to hear back since there are many candidates for the job. I guess we'll see what happens!

Interview Questions

• If you could be anywhere in the world where would you be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed via video online. There were 6 basic questions. The questions are read to you, and then you answer. It is awkward talking to your computer. You cannot do it over. Know when to quit talking.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that make you a good fit for this job?   1 Answer

Interview

The application process was lengthy but thorough. I was requested to submit my resume, coverletter and answer more than 150 questions. I am now waiting to hear back from them whether I am a candidate for the position being offered.

Interview Questions

• Application question was a mixture of reading, comprehension, arithmetic, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied two months ago and within the next month I received an email with an invitation for a video interview. I had 5 days to complete the video interview. I completed the video on the 4th day and I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• 1. Where did you gain your customer service experience? What do you know about employee culture?
      2. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?

Answer Question