American Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process really opened my eyes to the world of aviation and transportation. During interview, you were seated at a table of 6-8 people. Get to know these people because they are your future classmates, coworkers, froends and foes. Recruiters are watching and taking notes as they observe how you interact and listen to your peers. Games are played with the intent to observe how well you relate to others and the world in general. Each interview session has a host that will guide you through the interview and answer any questions you have. Once the recruiters have observed you in a big crowd, the will hold smaller interviews with groups of 8 people. If they decide they want you, you will be called, in no particular order, from the big room to have finger prints done and an additional one-on-one interview will be held.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time where you had to take the initiative and how it worked out.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

College Interview. Recruiters came to campus. Got an interview a week later with one of the recruiters. I was later selected to interview on-site for more in person interviews. The interviews on-site consisted of 4 interviews, technical and behavioral. This was followed by an exam.

I was flown to-from Dallas in the same day for the on-site interviews. Never heard a response. Had to email my initial recruiter to find out I was not selected for the position. No specific feedback given, just told I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name the three principles of object oriented design   1 Answer

PSR Interview

Interview

I applied online, filled out lenthy application form, online application first, then one or two phone interview after that is language test because this is a language based position, in person group interview. Finally, conditional offer, drug test, background check, security check to get the airport badge.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

i just got back from a f2f interview in dallas, and it was pretty easy i was so nervous and studies for days before. but i got there sat in a table with 3 other people. out of 250,000 applicants they only had 7 of us for the f2f interview that day so i think that was a good sign. We started off with an ice breaker all of the recruiters were really nice and welcoming. We had to introduce our selves and present the group activity to the room. Then we had a 5 min break and broke up into groups of three to be interviewed individually, went back into the main room watched a video about the benefits of working for the company. And then 3 people were called out of the room, and i never saw them again. And the 4 of us left in the room went to go get our fingerprints and fill out back ground test papers then were each called individually, i went to go do the reach test then was brought into the room to and had a small interview again which were more like suitability questions. about being able to follow the company's rule about piercings and tattoos and then asked about previous jobs, and that was it. Was told i would receive an email within the next week about the hire, so i guess maybe they are waiting for the back ground check to come in. I think i might have gotten the job, considering i was finger printed.

Interview Questions

• how do i diffuse a difficult situation   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

There will be one excel test upon your arrival to check your excel working ability. It is followed by two face to face interviews with two managing directors. The interview overall is pretty smooth. All AA people seem really nice, and it is definitely a comfortable place to work this summer.

Home Based Reservations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Cary, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple. Domestic City Code test followed by a group interview preceding an off of employment if both the previously mentioned go well.

First step of the process is online application. Once the app is done you receive an email to complete a phone interview. The phone interview is done pre-recorded questions asked by a Manager. The phone interview is 5 questions. If you have done well with this process they send you an email with a packet including the city codes to study for the testing stage.

You schedule your test via email.

City code test is simple. Mnemonic devices work well with memorization. It is about 50 questions and a 75% or better is needed to pass.

After, if you have passed the city code test, you schedule your face to face interview.

During the face to face interview all candidates are together and they provide more in depth information about the company and the job description. After this you are taken by groups of 4-6 to interview with at least two managers.

If you have done well during the interview process, you will be offered the job via email. This takes about 3-5 days. If you are rejected they send a letter via mail.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with an irate customer; how did you remedy the situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

A month after I applied I got email to schedule a one on one. Everyone was friendly and laid back. The next day I received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that was late missed his/her flight and now he/she is blaming you for this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, set hourly pay. Very low pay, 4-5hr shifts if no delays, travel benefits

Revenue Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

HR screening; a phone interview with team member and a test need to be done within 30 minutes; flying to Texas for a on site interview include a lunch with managers then interviewed with 3 managers.

Interview Questions

• half behavior and half technical questions. Like tell me your most weakness.. How do you understand about revenue management   1 Answer

Home Based Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

Interview

First an phone interview then if advance to next step have to take a city code test upon passing that an Face to Face interview is conducted. Face to Face interview was an group interview with other candidates and two American Airline Employers. Interview was a great overall.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a challenge at work and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

If you have atleast 4 years experience you should be able to get in with no problem. They ask you a few questions about your past experience. then they are going to give you a practial test. after thats its the medical and background check.