American Airlines

Average Difficulty
383 candidate interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details – Apply online. There will be a short phone interview. Bring all requested documents to in person interview: Resume, Diploma, Social Security Card, Driver's License, etc. Expect to interview in a group setting. Usually receive a call back within a week.

Interview Question – Describe a challenging situation you have experienced and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Pay is set.

Senior Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Senior Infrastructure Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details – Hiring process is usually contract-to-hire

Interview Question – Nothing was really that difficult. Depends on the hiring manager   Answer Question

Station Agent Interview

Station Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details – Received email, indicating date and time of group interview. Interview started about 45 minutes late. Consisted of a group of 12 or so people sitting in a circle, and we were asked questions on topics of team work. For example, each of us was asked to discuss what team work meant to us. Then we were asked to provide one word that described our personality.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. It was very redundant with each person in the group interview responding to the same questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details – called me for a phone interview

Interview Question – nervous about the pone interview dont know what to expect   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Business Technology Analyst

Interviewed at American Airlines

Interview Details – Had three rounds of interview. Easier to justify answer when you are straight out of MBA. Gets harder if in other industry and such.

Interview Question – where have you travelled and why   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through other source and interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details – Screening thru 'People' to be placed in a candidate pool. Candidates resume is forwarded to hiring manager. Hiring manager will conduct a group interview before individual interviews.

Reservation Representative Interview

Reservation Representative

Interviewed at American Airlines

Interview Details – Define quality customer service? What does customer service mean to you?

FA Interview

FA

Interviewed at American Airlines

Interview Details – Interview starts 1:30 pm, and ends around 5:30-6pm. There are about 20 people, and then do the group activity and the 4:2 interview, and one-on-one interview, and perhaps finger print, reach test, go home.

Interview Question – Introduce yourself   Answer Question

UG Analyst Interview

UG Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details – Applied through university recruiting. Had a first round behavior interview on campus. Pretty standard interview (why AA, run through resume) and a very informal case related to the airline industry (they don't expect you to know industry specific information though.

Received email for a digital second round case interview that had me do some analysis base on an excel file sent to me and reply within an hour.

Flew to Dallas for final round interview that consisted of a lunch session and 3 separate interview with 3 different departments. They were all mixes of behavior and simple cases.

Interview Question – Why do you want for the airline industry?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant

I applied through other source and the process took 8 months - interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details – It all start with a group interview, the ask questions one by one. After they call you for a one on one part and right after they finger print you o send you home.

Interview Question – if you are on a long flight, who would you like to be sitting next to and why? (no relatives)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Airlines

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Airlines interview questions and advice. All 383 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Airlines employees and interview candidates.