American Airlines

2.8

Advantage Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in August 2013.

I was contacted via email, to go to a group interview where I was selected to be an employee of American. In the group interview I was asked a few questions regarding how I would handle customer service situations and why I would be a great fit.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you would be a great fit for American?   Answer Question
    There was no option to negotiate. I was offered an option to sign a form stating the rate of pay and a probationary period.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in November 2014.

The hiring process is a long one! I applied back in March of 2014 after about a week I received an email congratulating me and inviting me for a video interview. The video interview was fairly easy, 5 questions all dealing around customer service and how different situations were handled. After the video interview was submitted they informed me if I was a candidate they would send me an email informing me of a face to face interview. I was sent emails thanking me for my patience in August. In September I received another email thanking me for my patience and a few weeks later in October I was invited to Dallas, TX for a face to face interview. I flew out to Dallas in November and the interview consisted of a group activity. They wanted to see how you work with others and how you stand out yourself. You were then taken into a new group of about 5 for a group style interview. After the group interview there was a presentation about the company. They told the group (25-30ppl) that we would be asked further questions by the onlookers (current AA associates) If you were selected they finger print you and then you have a one on one interview. I was told if you were fingerprinted you got the job, this is NOT true! Not everyone who was invited for the face to face interview (they call it a recruitment day) is asked to be fingerprinted.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a lot if I had any questions, there was a lot of questions concerning the non-paid training period. You are told to save around $3,000 dollars to cover expenses while you are training.   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Airlines.

We had about ten candidates in a room, being taken out for individual interviews by different teams. It was stressful at first, but overall helped make the right decision about the company and people working for it. Interviews focused on behavioral and technical skills. After each round one or several people were let go. In the final round it was like a panel interview with over ten employees watching you create a solution for a given problem

Interview Questions
    • Some technical question about opinion on a new technology   Answer Question

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Applied online through student career site. As others have stated, they schedule a 30 minute phone interview with a 30 minute case study afterwards. It's pretty simple if you've done your homework. The very next day they called me to schedule a face-to-face at headquarters in Fort Worth and scheduled it for 4 days later.

At the in person interview a host picks you up at the airport and we went to lunch with other candidates and hosts at a mexican place next to HQ. Then we had three 45 minute interviews and the recruiter brought us all together for 10 minutes to set expectations. I heard back after just 2 days and received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a new chair for the airplane? What things would you consider in your design?   Answer Question
    They have a set salary so there isn't negotiation. They do give a signing bonus and take care of your relocation.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

I gave my resume to the recruiters on campus during the career fair event. Next, I received an invitation for an on-campus interview. I interviewed with two managers on campus. I did well on the campus interview. American Airlines flew me down for an onsite interview. I interviewed with four different managers.

Interview Questions
    • One looked at my college transcripts and asked
      1. What is a measure?
      2. What is a class?
      3. Why do you want to work here?
      4. Define a topology

Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in October 2014.

After I submitted my application online, I got an invitation for a video interview. After I had the video interview, I was invited to submit an online application. After I submitted my online application, I did not hear from them for a month. Therefore, I called them and I was scheduled for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were not so difficult.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Airlines in July 2014.

It was a panel interview. Two people were on the panel. There were about 7 or 8 candidates. the interview proess consisted of about 6 or 7 questions. Then there was a guided tour through the building. After the tour there was a computer test to see how quickly you could find information on the internet about the company. The interviewers were very friendly, and they smiled and gave you unspoken encouragement throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you raised the bar for yourself and those around you, and what was the result?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

I applied online, took few weeks for email assessment to be sent. Did video interview, you do have the option to do phone video. Be sure you read small letter at bottom of screen. Still waiting on answer if yes or no.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Pretty straightforward questions. A case need to be done in 30 mins. I prepared for it by reading some papers about dynamic pricing. After one month, some lady called me to have another interview, but I missed it. I called back, but she told me it was a mistake. If I just got rejection, I would not feel that frustrated....

Bilingual Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in October 2014.

Applied online in May. A few weeks later I got a email to fill out more information and do a video interview (in June). I thought nothing came of it but then I got an email in September to do a f2f interview in Dallas. I did the interview in October, they took my fingerprints and did the reach test. I later was sent an email to do the foreign language exams(in early November). I thought I had failed them but then received an offer of employment a few days ago its conditional after the drug test and DOJ is cleared.

Interview Questions
    • Spanish language exam: situation where you spill hot coffee on a customer   Answer Question