American Airlines Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2015

2.8

Gate Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It took a while to get an open spot for a phone interview once they reviewed my résumé. Once I got a window, I waited for a phone call that never came, so I decided to call them. They lady that answered was really nice and pulled up my info and started the interview process. Most of the questions were structured around my résumé and previous experiences and how I handled difficult situations in specific. It went really smooth and I was offered a f2f interview, but no spots, once again, were open. Now I wait for a phone call when a time slot opens up.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time a customer was really upset about a situation. What was the situation? How did you handle it, and how did the customer react?   Answer Question
    • What was the most pleasurable experience from your most recent job?   Answer Question
    • What would your current supervisor say about you and your work ethic?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Waiting on 2nd interview. I would say it's best to review basic interview questions before the call. They choose from a 52 question template, so study the questions that pertain to your résumé and work history in particular.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

filled out online app. a month later I was called for a phone interview. I was told I would be contacted again, which I was 2 days after and received an invitation for an interview

Interview Questions

• phone interview got 2 calls within a week and then was given a choice of a wed or fri to attend an interview   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiating salary

Home Based Reservations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Cary, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple. Domestic City Code test followed by a group interview preceding an off of employment if both the previously mentioned go well.

First step of the process is online application. Once the app is done you receive an email to complete a phone interview. The phone interview is done pre-recorded questions asked by a Manager. The phone interview is 5 questions. If you have done well with this process they send you an email with a packet including the city codes to study for the testing stage.

You schedule your test via email.

City code test is simple. Mnemonic devices work well with memorization. It is about 50 questions and a 75% or better is needed to pass.

After, if you have passed the city code test, you schedule your face to face interview.

During the face to face interview all candidates are together and they provide more in depth information about the company and the job description. After this you are taken by groups of 4-6 to interview with at least two managers.

If you have done well during the interview process, you will be offered the job via email. This takes about 3-5 days. If you are rejected they send a letter via mail.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with an irate customer; how did you remedy the situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

A month after I applied I got email to schedule a one on one. Everyone was friendly and laid back. The next day I received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that was late missed his/her flight and now he/she is blaming you for this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, set hourly pay. Very low pay, 4-5hr shifts if no delays, travel benefits

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online in late December of 2014 and received an invitation to complete a video interview about a week later. I completed the video interview right after New Years.

I was contacted on the 9th of January for a F2F interview in Dallas.

I had interviewed at another airline (and was not selected), so I think I was a little less nervous now that I was a little more familiar with the interviewing process.

The interview process:
    -Arrived at the training center and was told to sit at a table of about 4 others. Then, I was instructed to fill out some type of exercise and take that, my 5-year employment history, and my passport to check-in.
    -We had a group interview where we played a "get to know each other" game
    -Moved onto the smaller group interview sessions (groups of 6) where we were asked general questions
    -Went back to main room where we watched a video and did Q&A
    -People were picked to "update application"...some of them were walked out and given their flight info and a handful were taken to be fingerprinted/fill out background check information/reach test/etc. I was one of those people.

My advice is to just be yourself, smile, and relax. There were a few candidates who talked too much and tried too hard to be the center of attention and they were not selected.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

HR screening; a phone interview with team member and a test need to be done within 30 minutes; flying to Texas for a on site interview include a lunch with managers then interviewed with 3 managers.

Interview Questions

• half behavior and half technical questions. Like tell me your most weakness.. How do you understand about revenue management   1 Answer

Home Based Sales Representative Interview

Application

Interview

First an phone interview then if advance to next step have to take a city code test upon passing that an Face to Face interview is conducted. Face to Face interview was an group interview with other candidates and two American Airline Employers. Interview was a great overall.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a challenge at work and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

If you have atleast 4 years experience you should be able to get in with no problem. They ask you a few questions about your past experience. then they are going to give you a practial test. after thats its the medical and background check.

Home Based Reservations Representative (HBR) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Cary, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of a group of 6, with 2 ladies in management asking the questions. There were a total of 5 questions - very basic & easy. The ladies asking the questions were very reassuring and sweet. They really helped take the edge off of our nervousness. It was a little tricky though, because at times they would have blank stares with our answers, nevertheless, the end result was great. They answered any and all questions we had after the interview. Also, I read in other posts that some people were held in a room and others were sent out. That was not the case. We were all told that we would hear something in a day or two on whether or not we would be offered a job. I heard back via email the very next day (in the evening).

Interview Questions

• 1 - Describe a time when I had an unhappy customer, and what I did to solve the problem (not verbatim, but along those lines). 2 - What have I done to troubleshoot my computer. 3 - Name 3 values I find to be important. 4 - What is a reason(s) that would be okay to miss work. 5 - How do I feel about working nights, days, weekends, and holidays. I wish all interviews were like this. If I can make it to the next round, TRUST ME, you can, too!! Good Luck!   1 Answer

Home Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Did application, and a few days later they emailed back, to study for codes test, they were good with communication. I took the test 2 weeks later, they gave plenty of study time, there is a lot of codes to learn test was easy, for the ones who studied. I did a group interview, 2-3 people with 2 interviewers. They were very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing, was negotiable. Everything is pretty much set.