American Airlines

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.8

.NET Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Airlines.

We had about ten candidates in a room, being taken out for individual interviews by different teams. It was stressful at first, but overall helped make the right decision about the company and people working for it. Interviews focused on behavioral and technical skills. After each round one or several people were let go. In the final round it was like a panel interview with over ten employees watching you create a solution for a given problem

Interview Questions
    • Some technical question about opinion on a new technology   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in June 2014.

Applied the last week of April, got an email and a call for an online video interview a few days later. I got a call about three weeks later from AA asking if I would be interested in flying out to DFW for a face - to - face interview. They covered the flight, but I had to pay for a hotel in TX after the interview because they could not get me back out that day. Everyone was very friendly and really helped put me at ease. There were about seven people total who interviewed my group of about 25. All of the interviewees were very friendly also. We broke off just to groups of about five and did an activity where we drew a circle and wrote three things we had in common and then each drew a line outside the circle and wrote one thing unique about ourselves. Then we sp lo it off into different groups again and did group interviews. The questions were things like "define good customer service," "what would you look for in hiring a flight attendant" "who would you choose to have dinner with if it could be anyone in the world" and "

Interview Questions
    • "What's your favorite corporate brand and why?" I was not expecting this and I'm sure I absolutely blew it. All of the other questions related to flight or preparation for the position, so this one caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant--foreign Speaker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in June 2014.

As the others described, it is internet screening-video screening-group presentation-group interview-individual interview for those who passed the group interview-medical exam. However, I am still waiting on the medical exam. I was scheduled in July, but I got an email delaying the medical exam schedule for early next year.

Interview Questions
    • For American Airlines to be know for quality service, what would you do?   Answer Question
    The process takes a long time to get to the training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in April 2013.

Interviewed in April 2013. Essay type question on who would you want to sit next to on a flight to Tokyo and why. Group exercise draw a circle w three lines and list things all had in common. Outside circle something interesting about you. Had to go in front of room and present as a group others had to guess who was who. Then the 8 of us in my group went into a room with 2 recruiters and were asked 5 or 6 questions. Tell me about a time a coworker did something that surprised you? Tell me about a time you have given back to the community? Tell me something you learned about someone in this room today. So be sure to pay attention to names and what other candidates are saying to answer this question.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time a coworker did something that surprised you   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2014.

Nov/2013 - Applied online
    Nov/2013 - Personality Test online
    Dec/2013 - Video interview online
    Jan/2013 - Call to complete online application
    Jan/2013 - Invitation for F2F interview in Dallas
    Feb/2013 - Face to Face Interview, Dallas TX. Followed the advice on here, got fingerprinted.
    Feb/2013 - Recieved DOT forms via email, faxed them back
    Mar/2013 - 2.5 weeks passed, still waiting to hear back on DOT forms / Background check. Anyday now! =)

Interview Questions
    • What are your thoughts on social media?

That one came a bit out of the blue in the panel interview. They passed out cards with questions on them then we took turns standing in front of the group and speaking on our topic or question. It seemed to be a test of extemporaneous speaking skill.

View Answer
    Terms negotiated by Flight Attendant Union. 21.26 per flight hour. 75 hour guarantee. $2.00 per diem. 8.5 weeks unpaid training. Room and board provided for training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in March 2014.

I completed my on line application at AA.com/careers at the beginning of February. Approx 2 weeks later I was invited to video assessment - 2 days later asked to move forward and complete my on line app and wait for interview date.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in January 2014.

Very efficient and professional in their organization the interview. The interview was a half-day (9:00am-1:00pm) and composed of 3 parts: an icebreaker, group interviews, and 1-on-1 interviews. I liked that they kept the number of candidates to ~30, because it created a more comfortable, less intimidating setting for all.

Interview Questions
    • The group activity was a little awkward, because everyone is trying to get noticed, so I suggest just taking it easy and genuinely getting to know and make friends with the other equally qualified candidates.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Panel of the manager and 2 co workers. Interview went great actually, very laid back line of questioning but still relevant to the job. They are looking for personality on top of skill sets.

Took less than a week to get the first phone interview call. Then about a week later for the actual interview. Then at work for my first day about 2 weeks after that. All in all, from start to hire - 1 month.

Make sure you get all details of the job! I was lead to believe one job description then expected to do something else 10x what my abilities were.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. My fault…I didn't really try, I was just so eager to get a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2014.

I advise everyone to be on time for the day of the interview. Please dress business formal. Look clean. If you are a man, please shave, comb your hair neatly and look as professional and clean as possible. If you are a female, do a pony-tail, not too much makeup, no extreme high heels, look very professional and clean. Remember to smile and be charming. Be yourself.

No negotiation

Commodity Manager Interview

Half a day of interviews with various team members and managers. Difficult behavioral and situational questions. Half a day of interviews with various team members and managers. Difficult behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • A situational question about a specific commodity and how I would address it. Also, what is the newest supply chain trend.   Answer Question