American Airlines

398 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Portuguese Speaker- Flight Attendant Interview

Portuguese Speaker- Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at American Airlines in January 2014.

Interview Details – After I filled in the online application it took me around 4 weeks to hear back from AA. After the video interview, another 2 weeks or so to hear back from them. I went to Dallas for the face to face interview and due to weather conditions my group was very small comparing to what I've read here (30 people only). The recruiters introduced themselves, then we split in groups of 5 and did the ice beaker. I volunteered to speak for my groups and then passed the chance so others could do the same. After that we were sent in groups of 3 to a more personal interview with two recruiters. That went well too.
After all the groups we're done, they showed us a video about the company. After that they took some of us to sign a paper in which you attest that all your information is true and reliable. Now here things start to warm up: They took some of us to perform a test which consisted in reaching a fire extinguisher located inside a overhead compartment. Following to the test, the ones that had made it so far were taken for fingerprinting and then, another interview. This time just myself and a recruiter. I took the opportunity to actually bond with my recruiter, leave a good impression so that he would remember who I was by the end of the day. That worked out pretty well.
24 hours after I've finished the face to face interview I received the email invitation for the medical and drug test. 5 days later, I was offered the position. Now I'm waiting to know when my training will start.
It was a very good and pleasant experience, no need to feel nervous at all. Just be yourself, be friendly, show them that you're a approachable person, smile, smile, smile. When answering questions, take some time to make eye contact with everybody. Including the other applicants. Find a balance between showing yourself off to the recruiters, without being to cocky or ignoring the people applying with you. When someone is talking, pay attention to them, look at them. Make sure you show you're a good listener and a good team worker.
I saw some people here saying that they don't care if you're not well groomed, that they want people easy to be brain washed. That is not true. Dress conservative, sell your image and your personality. Dress as if the job is already yours. I hope this can help future applicants and I wish you all the best of luck.

Interview Question – Why you decided to become a flight attendant why was AA your choice?   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Software Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 4 person all in the same room. The interview last for more than an hour. They asked me to solve the code problem in 30 min with writing tests. If I would have read the "Head first design Patterns" I would have solved that easily .
Mostly questions was asked by the Architect level person rest of the people didn't ask anything. The Architect asked me so many questions on design patterns, JSTL, JSP, Spring - framework, JMS, Core Java, collections. Most of the questions were theoritical and if you would have read books you could pretty much answer most of them.

Interview Question – Coding exercise to complete in 30 min.Which was funny.   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview then 1 visit to HQ for 3 one on one (each 30 mins) interviews. Need to know/understand as much as possible about the airline industry and how/why financial decisions change any the four financial statements.

Interview Question – Should American Airlines do a capital lease or operating lease on a new aircraft and why? How would each decision be seen, if at all, on all four financial statements?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Flight Attendant - Japanese Speaking Interview

Flight Attendant - Japanese Speaking
DFW, TX

I applied online - interviewed at American Airlines in June 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online on Wed and received an email on Friday requesting me to complete online interview via cam. I also left a voice message from HR to let me know the email was coming asking to do the interview online.

Interview Question – The questions we quite easy.
1) What do you know about AA and culture
2) What type of customer service background do you have that will benefit AA
3) Name a time when you gave excellent customer service
4) name a time when you went above and beyond that benefited your team
5) what qualities do you have that makes you great at customer service
6) what excites you about moving to a different city immediately after training.
You are given 1 minute to think about your answer before you are video recorded. You have up to 3 minutes response time.
  View Answer

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

American Airlines Flight Attendant
Dallas, TX

I interviewed at American Airlines in June 2011.

Interview Details – I first applied online on January 21st, 2014. Recieved an email Feb. 11th inviting me to the video interview. Completed the video interview. You can find the exact questions by searching on this forum. There are 6 questions, It is automated and you have 3 minutes to record each question. On Feb. 24th I was sent an email inviting me to update my application online. On Feb. 28th I recieved an email stating there was overwhelming interest in the position and that I would receive a response in the following months. I didn't hear anything again until May 13,2014 stating again that there was overwhelming interest and thanking me for my patience. On May 21st I received an email congratulating me on being picked for the Face to Face interview. I spoke to a recruiter who set up an interview time for me and sent me an email with my flight itinerary provided by American Airlines a couple days later. My interview was set up for June 5, 2014. As people have explained when you arrive to the conference center you check in you are greeted and escorted into a waiting room (in my room there were about 30 individuals total and we just waited). Once everyone was checked in we were escorted into a room with 5 tables with 5 chairs at each table. People were free to choose their seats. There are 5 recruiters standing in the back of the room they introduce themselves and start taking notes on everything you do. We began with an icebreaker where each table was instructed to do the "Who's Who" game. You draw a big circle on a large piece of paper, you along with your team members are instructed to together find out three things you have in common with each other and write them in the circle, then on the outside of the circle each person writes something unique about themselves that nobody would ever guess by looking at them. After each group goes up and presents the things they have in common the rest of the room tries to guess what unique quality applies to what person. It was fun. Make sure to SMILE A LOT. Work with your team, be yourself and over everything be friendly and attentive. Word of advice, ladies wear your hair in a ponytail or bun. Pencil skirt, blouse, nude hose and appropriate high heels. Trust me! After the group excercise each of the recruiters selected 5 individuals and took them to separate rooms. You will sit in a row of five chairs with 2 recruiters in front of you. If you sit in the first seat closest to the door you will be chosen to answer questions first so be prepared. They ask different questions during the group interview and each person has a chance to answer. Some examples

1. What was your greatest accomplishment in your job?
2. What does customer service mean to you?
3. How do you provide exceptional service?
4. Why do you want to be a flight attendant?

Then each person is given a blue notecard with a question on the back. You cannot look at the question. They ask you to stand up one by one flip over your card and answer your question in less than 30 seconds. I don't remember my question now; I was so nervous. But they ask things like, if you could have dinner with any person in the world who would it be and why?

Word of advice just think of influential people you look up to. And think about times during work that you have gone above and beyond for a customer.

Once the group interview is complete you are taken back to the initial room with your group to watch a slides how explaining the benefits of being a flight attendant with American Airlines. After the recruiters come in and start calling people for one on one interviews. I was the 5th person called. Was taken to a room with ten others to fill out a fingerprint authorization form. I was fingerprinted, did a reach test and was talked to one on one by one of the recruiters who asked me a few questions.

1. Do you have any tattoos or piercings that are visible?
2. Are you ok with wearing a uniform?
3. What other language a do you speak? (I applied as a bilingual attendant)
4. Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
5. What was your proudest moment in your current position?
6. Are you willing to relocate?

I do not know what happened with the other 20 people that were part of the entire group is only saw 10 of us be fingerprinted and interviewed. We were each told we would receive an email within 2 weeks stating if we got the job. I just interviewed and am waiting on an email. Hopefully I will get an offer :)

Sorry for the long explanation. Hope this helps

Interview Question – What was your proudest moment?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an invitation for a per-interview online about a week later. This interview consisted of filming my answers which were timed. A few days later I received a phone call asking me to attend an interview in Texas. My flight was covered, but I had to pay for my hotel. The interview process lasted half a day. We were broken up into groups for questioning, then different groups for exercises they deemed appropriate. Afterward, we were told more about the company and position. Lastly, they called us out one by one and we were either escorted out of the building or taken to a room for a one-on-one interview.

Interview Question – What is the nicest thing you have done for someone recently?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details – I applied online in early March 2014, and received an email back within a week to do the webcam interview. I was really nervous, and thought I did pretty awful! I smiled a lot though, and 2 weeks later I got an email to update my information. About a week or so later I was called to do the face to face interview in Dallas. The face to face interview was scheduled for a month later (May 2014). Again, I was really nervous! The interview was a lot more relaxing than I expected though. The flight attendants that interviewed us were some of the friendliest people I've met, and they want you to be relaxed and to do your best. We started in a room where we had to feel out a paper, and there was a short question on the back. It was simple. Then we moved on to a group icebreaker. After that they paired us in groups of 5 for the group interview questions, I was too nervous to answer first but I always made sure not to be the last person to answer any questions! I was surprised that they didn't ask us more questions (I think they just asked us 5 or so), After that we watched a video about what being a flight attendant is like etc. Then one by one they called us out of the room to either walk us out or to another room to be finger printed. I was finger printed and then had a one on one interview. The one-on-one interview was again, pretty easy (this coming from someone that has not interviewed much, I'm only 20!). I just reassured them that I was ready to move to wherever I needed to, and that this is the career I want to have until I retire. Overall, it was a great experience and even if I wasn't offered the position, I would've benefited from this interview in the future.

Interview Question – Everyone else has pretty much gone over what the questions are like.   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

American Airlines Flight Attendant
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at American Airlines in June 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiters were down to earth and very nice. They made it a fun day which made the time fly quickly. They open with an ice breaker then pull you into smaller groups to do a quick panel style interview.

Interview Question – They were all fairly easy questions... make it a short and to the point answer, don't ramble on forever.   Answer Question

Interviewed at American Airlines

Interview Details – 1. Applied online in early May 2014.
 2. Received a quick response to move forward to the next step( personality test )
 3. Received an invitation to do a video interview three weeks later.
 I have completed the video interview and I am now waiting to hear back(F2F)

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a problem with a coworker. what happened? what was the outcome?
Describe a time when you handled difficult customer?
  Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied online and interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details – You arrive in the morning and they tell you what you will be doing while you're there and that you will have a one-on-one interview at the end of the day. So at the end we were all sitting in a room waiting to be called. When they called me I started walking down the hallway with the 'interviewer' and she asked me if my information was still current (a strange question, since I just recently submitted this information), I answered yes and at that time we had arrived at the exit. The 'interviewer' told me they would be in touch and said goodbye and I was out the door wondering where the one-on-one interview was they had told us we would have!? I went to the shuttle bus and the others that were already there speculated if they would get hired or not. Of course we didn't. They got to look at you all day and if they're interested in you they will keep you there to further process your application. I don't have a problem not getting the job, especially from a company that has you take three days out of your life to travel to an application event, tells you in the morning you will have a one-on-one interview and then at the end of the day basically walks you out the door. From a global company I expect professionalism and integrity and not some infantile approach.