American Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

PSR Interview

Interview

I applied online, filled out lenthy application form, online application first, then one or two phone interview after that is language test because this is a language based position, in person group interview. Finally, conditional offer, drug test, background check, security check to get the airport badge.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online in late December of 2014 and received an invitation to complete a video interview about a week later. I completed the video interview right after New Years.

I was contacted on the 9th of January for a F2F interview in Dallas.

I had interviewed at another airline (and was not selected), so I think I was a little less nervous now that I was a little more familiar with the interviewing process.

The interview process:
    -Arrived at the training center and was told to sit at a table of about 4 others. Then, I was instructed to fill out some type of exercise and take that, my 5-year employment history, and my passport to check-in.
    -We had a group interview where we played a "get to know each other" game
    -Moved onto the smaller group interview sessions (groups of 6) where we were asked general questions
    -Went back to main room where we watched a video and did Q&A
    -People were picked to "update application"...some of them were walked out and given their flight info and a handful were taken to be fingerprinted/fill out background check information/reach test/etc. I was one of those people.

My advice is to just be yourself, smile, and relax. There were a few candidates who talked too much and tried too hard to be the center of attention and they were not selected.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

There will be one excel test upon your arrival to check your excel working ability. It is followed by two face to face interviews with two managing directors. The interview overall is pretty smooth. All AA people seem really nice, and it is definitely a comfortable place to work this summer.

Gate Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It took a while to get an open spot for a phone interview once they reviewed my résumé. Once I got a window, I waited for a phone call that never came, so I decided to call them. They lady that answered was really nice and pulled up my info and started the interview process. Most of the questions were structured around my résumé and previous experiences and how I handled difficult situations in specific. It went really smooth and I was offered a f2f interview, but no spots, once again, were open. Now I wait for a phone call when a time slot opens up.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time a customer was really upset about a situation. What was the situation? How did you handle it, and how did the customer react?   Answer Question
    • What was the most pleasurable experience from your most recent job?   Answer Question
    • What would your current supervisor say about you and your work ethic?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Waiting on 2nd interview. I would say it's best to review basic interview questions before the call. They choose from a 52 question template, so study the questions that pertain to your résumé and work history in particular.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

filled out online app. a month later I was called for a phone interview. I was told I would be contacted again, which I was 2 days after and received an invitation for an interview

Interview Questions

• phone interview got 2 calls within a week and then was given a choice of a wed or fri to attend an interview   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiating salary

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

There is a 2 part process to the interview.
    The 1st part deals with questions about your work history and challenging situations you've encountered.
    The 2nd part is a practical test dealing with analyzing wiring diagrams, setting a torque wrench, and safety-wiring 3 bolts.

Interview Questions

• What are the difference between these 2 hydraulic fittings?   Answer Question
    • What is the correct effectivity of this aircraft and does the drawing apply to it?   Answer Question
    • What is the reference designator of this component on the drawing?   Answer Question
    • What is a splice and the symbology of it on a drawing?   Answer Question
    • What are the amps of the circuit breaker on the drawing?   Answer Question
    • Name a challenging situation and how did you over come it?   Answer Question
    • What did you find satisfying and least satisfying about your last job?   Answer Question
    • What is the biggest mistake you've ever made, dealing with aviation?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting firm, who got me an interview with the company directly.. The Interview was a grilling which is what is to be expected.. lots of questions about IIS, Ports, and DNS. I believe I hit well on about 70/100 scale, considering you really dont know what you're gonna get as far questioning until you are in it.

At the end I asked them if it was any reason they I would be unable to move forward with being hired, and they responded in saying they have already offered the job to 2 individuals. This made me feel as if why in the world would they make me come in and waste my time if you have already given the job away.

Finally the recruiter for the position NEVER contacted me back. If i were you reading this, dont waste your time interviewing here..

Home Based Reservations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Cary, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple. Domestic City Code test followed by a group interview preceding an off of employment if both the previously mentioned go well.

First step of the process is online application. Once the app is done you receive an email to complete a phone interview. The phone interview is done pre-recorded questions asked by a Manager. The phone interview is 5 questions. If you have done well with this process they send you an email with a packet including the city codes to study for the testing stage.

You schedule your test via email.

City code test is simple. Mnemonic devices work well with memorization. It is about 50 questions and a 75% or better is needed to pass.

After, if you have passed the city code test, you schedule your face to face interview.

During the face to face interview all candidates are together and they provide more in depth information about the company and the job description. After this you are taken by groups of 4-6 to interview with at least two managers.

If you have done well during the interview process, you will be offered the job via email. This takes about 3-5 days. If you are rejected they send a letter via mail.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with an irate customer; how did you remedy the situation?   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

A month after I applied I got email to schedule a one on one. Everyone was friendly and laid back. The next day I received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that was late missed his/her flight and now he/she is blaming you for this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, set hourly pay. Very low pay, 4-5hr shifts if no delays, travel benefits

Revenue Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

HR screening; a phone interview with team member and a test need to be done within 30 minutes; flying to Texas for a on site interview include a lunch with managers then interviewed with 3 managers.

Interview Questions

• half behavior and half technical questions. Like tell me your most weakness.. How do you understand about revenue management   1 Answer