American Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.8

Systems Administrator IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting firm, who got me an interview with the company directly.. The Interview was a grilling which is what is to be expected.. lots of questions about IIS, Ports, and DNS. I believe I hit well on about 70/100 scale, considering you really dont know what you're gonna get as far questioning until you are in it. At the end I asked them if it was any reason they I would be unable to move forward with being hired, and they responded in saying they have already offered the job to 2 individuals. This made me feel as if why in the world would they make me come in and waste my time if you have already given the job away. Finally the recruiter for the position NEVER contacted me back. If i were you reading this, dont waste your time interviewing here..

Bilingual Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Hi everyone!!!please advise!!! I applied online a few weeks ago and I got an email inviting me to record a video intervew which I did yesterday BUT I DON'T think I did well... I was very nervous... Is this "step" very important?

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about an outstanding customer service experience.   1 Answer

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

I first applied online on January 21st, 2014. Recieved an email Feb. 11th inviting me to the video interview. Completed the video interview. You can find the exact questions by searching on this forum. There are 6 questions, It is automated and you have 3 minutes to record each question. On Feb. 24th I was sent an email inviting me to update my application online. On Feb. 28th I recieved an email stating there was overwhelming interest in the position and that I would receive a response in the following months. I didn't hear anything again until May 13,2014 stating again that there was overwhelming interest and thanking me for my patience. On May 21st I received an email congratulating me on being picked for the Face to Face interview. I spoke to a recruiter who set up an interview time for me and sent me an email with my flight itinerary provided by American Airlines a couple days later. My interview was set up for June 5, 2014. As people have explained when you arrive to the conference center you check in you are greeted and escorted into a waiting room (in my room there were about 30 individuals total and we just waited). Once everyone was checked in we were escorted into a room with 5 tables with 5 chairs at each table. People were free to choose their seats. There are 5 recruiters standing in the back of the room they introduce themselves and start taking notes on everything you do. We began with an icebreaker where each table was instructed to do the "Who's Who" game. You draw a big circle on a large piece of paper, you along with your team members are instructed to together find out three things you have in common with each other and write them in the circle, then on the outside of the circle each person writes something unique about themselves that nobody would ever guess by looking at them. After each group goes up and presents the things they have in common the rest of the room tries to guess what unique quality applies to what person. It was fun. Make sure to SMILE A LOT. Work with your team, be yourself and over everything be friendly and attentive. Word of advice, ladies wear your hair in a ponytail or bun. Pencil skirt, blouse, nude hose and appropriate high heels. Trust me! After the group excercise each of the recruiters selected 5 individuals and took them to separate rooms. You will sit in a row of five chairs with 2 recruiters in front of you. If you sit in the first seat closest to the door you will be chosen to answer questions first so be prepared. They ask different questions during the group interview and each person has a chance to answer. Some examples 1. What was your greatest accomplishment in your job? 2. What does customer service mean to you? 3. How do you provide exceptional service? 4. Why do you want to be a flight attendant? Then each person is given a blue notecard with a question on the back. You cannot look at the question. They ask you to stand up one by one flip over your card and answer your question in less than 30 seconds. I don't remember my question now; I was so nervous. But they ask things like, if you could have dinner with any person in the world who would it be and why? Word of advice just think of influential people you look up to. And think about times during work that you have gone above and beyond for a customer. Once the group interview is complete you are taken back to the initial room with your group to watch a slides how explaining the benefits of being a flight attendant with American Airlines. After the recruiters come in and start calling people for one on one interviews. I was the 5th person called. Was taken to a room with ten others to fill out a fingerprint authorization form. I was fingerprinted, did a reach test and was talked to one on one by one of the recruiters who asked me a few questions. 1. Do you have any tattoos or piercings that are visible? 2. Are you ok with wearing a uniform? 3. What other language a do you speak? (I applied as a bilingual attendant) 4. Why do you want to be a flight attendant? 5. What was your proudest moment in your current position? 6. Are you willing to relocate? I do not know what happened with the other 20 people that were part of the entire group is only saw 10 of us be fingerprinted and interviewed. We were each told we would receive an email within 2 weeks stating if we got the job. I just interviewed and am waiting on an email. Hopefully I will get an offer :) Sorry for the long explanation. Hope this helps

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

It actually took a while before making it through the entire process. Upon applying, the send you an email requesting that you complete an online interview. They ask various questions pertaining to the job position you applied for. Make sure you dress professionally and ensure that your background is not distracting. After completing, it could take a while for them to review and get back with you, don't get discouraged (I did). They enventually sent me a follow email requesting that fill out some more information on my application and then......I waited...I waited, for about 4 months. I finally received an invitation email to arrange a flight to Dallas to complete a face to face on-site interview. It was scheduled for about a month and half out. When arriving, you take a shuttle to their training center. Very nice, might I add! It is the training center where if you offered employment, you will spend roughly 7 1/2 weeks. I must say that, althought I was rather nervous, the whole process was actually a lot of fun!! Met some really amazing people and a good time. The questions asked are not out of the usual and the recruiters were all pleasant and inviting! Waiting to hear back as to whether I will be considered for training, but all in all, it was a really good experience!

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult. Please pay attention to instructions!! They will ask you to complete various tasks in the form of a game. Its all fun, but they are paying attention to if you have followed their instructions.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant--foreign Speaker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in June 2014.

Interview

As the others described, it is internet screening-video screening-group presentation-group interview-individual interview for those who passed the group interview-medical exam. However, I am still waiting on the medical exam. I was scheduled in July, but I got an email delaying the medical exam schedule for early next year.

Interview Questions

• For American Airlines to be know for quality service, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The process takes a long time to get to the training.

Reservation Representative Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

You have to apply online for the position. After applying for the position it takes about 30 days for you to heard back from someone in the reservation department about your travel arrangements. After you arrive at the reservation office, you are let into a conference room with other candidates who are going to be interviewing with you--- around 6 candidates with 6 interviewers. Each one of the interviewers will take turn asking questions and each one of the candidates will answer in no specific order. After the interview, candidates are led to a room where they take a skill assessment in order to verify they know the information. After the assessment test, you are more than welcome to head back home and await further instruction from the reservation office. About 2 weeks later, you will received an email advising you whether you have the position or not.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe are the traits of a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe you will be a good supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Selected through an online campus job posting and then interviewed on campus followed by an interview at the headquarters in DFW. On campus I interviewed with one person and at the company It was a full day with 3 interviews and a lunch with other employees (including a few senior leaders)

Interview Questions

• Weigh the pros and cons of a high speed train between Houston and Dallas and what are the threats to the airline industry in that market   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (DFW, TX).

Interview

It was a long time a go and the process has completely changed. Today you have a phone interview, then a video interview, then you are asked to go to DFW for group interviews, then one on one. If you pass all that, you have to pass a medical exam, finger prints, and I think that's it.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to become a flight attendant   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cold Spring, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Cold Spring, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

3 other interviewees and I sat at a table in a conference room inside of the airport we applied at. We took turns answering questions and hearing information about the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of customer service? What would you do to prepare for bad weather conditions at work? Why do you want to work for American Airlines? After you had closed your cash register and were on your way out of work, you see a customer approaching the desk for help with lost luggage. Do you go back to help them? Tell us about a past experience where you faced a challenge at work and how you dealt with it. Do you take criticism well?   1 Answer

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Applied online 2. Invited for video interview by email. I had 3 days to complete it and it was 5 questions with computer prompted questions. 3. Received email that I passed video interview and to call to schedule a face to face in Dallas. 4. AA emailed me a flight ticket to Dallas Fort Worth AA training center for face to face interview. I had to fly in the night before(I had to pay for the hotel room myself). I waited in the lobby until someone came out at noon to get all the candidates in to the interview room. We sat in groups of 5-6 and played a activity to get to know eachother. Then a recruiter called 5-6 names(different from the people you were sitting with) for a group interview. After the group interview you go back in to the interivew room where you watch presentation about the job position and the company while the recruiters decide which candidates to fingerprint and do a one on one. They called 10 names and we went to get our fingerprints done and do a one on one with a different recruiter. They told us it would be 2 weeks before we found out whether we got the job or not. My interview was on Thursday and I got an email congratulating me on moving forward the following Monday. The next few days I got more emails from them to fill out background forms, DOT forms, scheduling drug screening, etc. Now I'm just waiting for a training date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a flight attendant for American Airlines.   1 Answer