American Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in November 2014.

The hiring process is a long one! I applied back in March of 2014 after about a week I received an email congratulating me and inviting me for a video interview. The video interview was fairly easy, 5 questions all dealing around customer service and how different situations were handled. After the video interview was submitted they informed me if I was a candidate they would send me an email informing me of a face to face interview. I was sent emails thanking me for my patience in August. In September I received another email thanking me for my patience and a few weeks later in October I was invited to Dallas, TX for a face to face interview. I flew out to Dallas in November and the interview consisted of a group activity. They wanted to see how you work with others and how you stand out yourself. You were then taken into a new group of about 5 for a group style interview. After the group interview there was a presentation about the company. They told the group (25-30ppl) that we would be asked further questions by the onlookers (current AA associates) If you were selected they finger print you and then you have a one on one interview. I was told if you were fingerprinted you got the job, this is NOT true! Not everyone who was invited for the face to face interview (they call it a recruitment day) is asked to be fingerprinted.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a lot if I had any questions, there was a lot of questions concerning the non-paid training period. You are told to save around $3,000 dollars to cover expenses while you are training.   Answer Question

Revenue Analyst Interview

I applied through campus job system. I got a phone interview. First some brief self-introduction. Then there were some behavioral and technical questions. Finally I got the chance to ask some questions. Then I received an email with some questions to answer. There were some numerical questions and stats questions. Need to reply it within 30 mins. After one or two weeks, I got the phone call said I got in the second round on site interview.

German Speaker Fligh Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in November 2014.

Applied online during July, completed the video interview and received invitation to a f2f for November. At the f2f we were 15 candidates, we completed a group task, watched a movie about AA, then proceeded to an interview 5 at a time with two interviewers. We were asked one question each in order, and then drew cards with an additional question.

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Airlines in November 2014.

It was a really easy interview! All the questions that were posted on here are the exact questions they will ask you online. Make sure to dress really professional and smile a lot. This is all first impression! If you study those questions you shouldn't have a problem, so don't stress out. Look relaxed and genuine. Not to cocky tho! So now its just a waiting game.

Interview Questions
    • How would you see being relocated if you were offered the job?   Answer Question

Bilingual Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in November 2014.

Hi everyone!!!please advise!!! I applied online a few weeks ago and I got an email inviting me to record a video intervew which I did yesterday BUT I DON'T think I did well... I was very nervous... Is this "step" very important?

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about an outstanding customer service experience.   View Answer

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in November 2014.

I applied through university career service and met the recruiters (which are managers instead of HR people) at school career fair. Got a e-mail two weeks later to do a on campus interview with a follow up math/stat test.
    Two week after that got a call from AA that I am moving on to the final round and they are flying me down to HDQ do a final round interview.
    They flied me in super early in the morning and a host for us take care of us all day. Then met all other candidates and hosts with the Director and then head to lunch which is awesome Mexican.
    Later afternoon, 3 back-to-back interview with managers and team leads.

They fly us back to school later that day.

Interview Questions
    • How many phone numbers are currently active?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate due to I really like AA and I am happy with what they offer.

Flight Attendant Interview

Online interview: this interview is not with a real person, which feels a bit awkward. There are six total questions. You are given one minute to prepare after each question, then you must record your answer. Dress well, pull your hair back, smile a lot!

F2F: You are always being watched! You should dress like a flight attendant, but more importantly act like one. When you arrive, be friendly and chat with your fellow applicants (they're fun to talk to, anyway). You will do a group ice breaker which will force you to discuss similarities / differences between yourself and your fellow applicants and present the findings to the entire interview class. Follow directions and be courteous. This is followed by a group interview. Make sure you don't answer the question last when given the option. If you make it to the fingerprinting / 1-on-1 interview stage, congrats - you're probably going to get a job offer.

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Applied Online 10/1/2014
    Video InterviwRequested and Completed: 10/13/2014
    Feel great about my video interview! Hope for f2f invite soon! I am so excited for the opportunity. I really want this! The best advice I can give you is to BREATHE and take your time, Use your test video time to practoce answering some common questions you may think you'll hear. Be natural, show personality, but remember its a first impression. Free tip: Wear a watch, especially f2f.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were typical and all over forums. I felt prepared based on my research and was thankful for the questions i received!   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

FA Interview for American Airlines Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in October 2014.

All i have to say about the Interview for American Airlines in Dallas, is do NOT think you got the job if you had your fingerprinted, reach test or 1-0n-1. I completed all three in Dallas and didnt get the job. I literally cried the whole day thinking what did i do wrong? Please dont get your hopes up until you get the email stating you were offered the job.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

They will post a position on aa.com or internal career system. You applied for the job. They invite you for interview if you are selected. You go for the first interview and if they are interested in you further they call you for a second interview. If you make it then they offer you the position and the pay. You have a chance to negotiate for pay at that time if you are not satisfied with the first offer.

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions and mostly generic for the field. It is mostly scenarion question.   Answer Question
    Nogotiate for salary was bureacratic. Someone has to talk to someone higer to get a feedback in days, weeks, or months. I