American Airlines

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in February 2013.

Applied online, a week later received prompt to take personality test, a week or two later received prompt to take automated video test, 3 weeks later received prompt to interview in person, they gave me a date (note: not multiple dates, just one date that could work). It's a group interview and then they choose a select group to go on the one on ones..what they tell people is that everyone gets an individual exit interview, but what really happens is a few people get taken to another room where they are waiting to be interviewed one-on-one more intensely. If they ask to fingerprint you on the spot, you're in...if you get to the one-on-ones they might hire you in the future, if you get neither...they didn't want you at all. Most of the girls who were fingerprinted were young and beautiful...and all of the graduation class as well was young and beautiful...

As to the interview questions they def have a catalog they pull from and mix and match in each individual groups...

Interview Questions
    • IF they are telling a story about a customer, remember all the details and be able to recite them back

A recent time you felt you contributed to your community

a recent time you changed someone's mind

Answer Question

Account Representative (Cargo) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in December 2012.

The culture seemed great and you could tell the interviewers enjoyed their workplace. However the interview was very unorthodox in that they interviewed two people at once. So five of us at the table including myself and the other candidate. They *said* we were not competing directly against each other, but still that kind of interview sets the stage for one candidate to look inferior, and unfortunately I had less relevant experience than the other guy. So despite having more personality I came across as the "lesser" candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What animal would you most like to be?   View Answer

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

Two phone interviews and one on-site interview, phone interviews mostly about your resume and past experience, on-site interview starts with an presentation about your past work/project. then all day panel interview (3 interviewee for each interview, 4 interviews each about 1 hour), ask all kinds of questions, both technical and general. You must be well prepared for everything...

Interview Questions
    • What's your approaches when dealing with hard-to-solve LP models?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in June 2013.

Too many people interviewed at a time, but the recruiters made it dun and relaxed as possible. Remember, you are being judged all the time. Don't play around and follow instructions

Interview Questions
    • Name something you did in the community   View Answer

Station Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Airlines in July 2013.

I was called and given times for interviews. I arrived at the ticket counter and given a "boarding" pass to make it through TSA. The interview was near the gate. This was a group interview that was meant for 3 people but the third was late and was disqualified from the interview. We were then told about the benefits (which I hate being teased about) and started the interview. There were about 7 questions in all. Pretty basic. The interview was pretty relaxed but the group interview was my main problem. Was told that I should either expect a call or email. (Call means you got the job, email means no)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in July 2013.

Very professional and thorough process. I was impressed with the Recruiting Department and Talent Services. They had a lot of candidates to select from and I feel they asked the right questions and made you feel comfortable during the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to take control of a situation unexpectedly.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. It's a union position and salaries are set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in April 2013.

1st phone interview
    2nd go to Arizona for a group interview

Interview Questions
    • What makes a great flight attendant? You go up in front of the classroom one on one. You have about 5 min speech to make.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in July 2009.

Flew out to Dallas for in-person interview. Started with a group interview and presentation on the company and job description. They then called us in one by one for a one-on-one interview and if we passed, offered us a job on the spot. We then went back to AA medical for finger printing, physical exam, drug test, vision screening, hearing test and blood tests. After you passed you were invited for a six-week training session in Dallas. They pay for your hotel and meals and transportation to and from the training. Training was Monday-Saturday 7 am - 5 pm with Sundays spent studying for the weekly tests that you were required to pass to stay in the class. After you pass the 6-weeks of unpaid training, you are officially offered the job and assigned a base in one of Eagle's hub-cities: LA, Chicago, New York, Miami or Dallas.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you had to push back on someone who wanted you to do something against the rules.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate. Salary determined by the union, and your base is determined by where they need you.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in April 2010.

First round was a career fair with current analyst.
    Second round is a phone interview with another analyst
    Third round is with 4-5 managers.
    Excel Test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in September 2013.

– 1: apply only
    2: receive an email saying that i would have to do a online interview ( they would make you dress like if you are doing a face to face interview they would ask you a your self and why do you want to become a flight attendant).
    3: you would receive a call from their offices to schedule you for a interview in Dallas TX.
    4: in the interview there where 25 of us the would put you in groups of 5-6. There was a group activity you have to chose 3 things that all of you guys have in common and one thing that by looking at you people wouldn't know, and had to guess what who was associated to their interest/hobby. Then after that they would call you and do another group interview they would ask you about 5-6 questions. after the group interview they would take you to the same room that you started. they would show you a video about the company after they would start calling people one by one, so apparently if you get picked they would do a one on one interview and your finger prints.I wasn't selected for those final two steps after the group interview. Finally, they would send you back to the airport

Interview Questions
    • tell me something that you have learned about a person in this room today?

If you wanted to travel anywhere in the world, where and why?

Answer Question