American Airlines

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

After applying online, it took me about 3 month to get a response. They called me, and asked me to complete a "Video Interview" within certain amount of time. I completed mine the same day, and received an email about 7-10 days stating I have passed the first part of the interview process.
    After that, they asked me to update an application, and I was invited to Fort Worth TX.

HBR Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

applied online received an email a week later for a phone interview,on the phone sadly to say its just someone reading you the interview questions...then i received another email for step2 which was to take the city code test. if u pass the test they send you to f2f, its a group interview so just tell them what u know,oh when they ask u the question on why u want to be HBR, dont tell them to be at home, that is not what they want to hear......

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

The interview process may take some time to pass through every initial part. It took about 6 months for me. I suppose it is determined by need. Apply on the career section of AA website to get started. Keep in mind being a speaker of a language outside of English alone will farther you in the process much more quickly than those who do not. Another key element in the initial personality and general questions that are screened before inviting you for an online interview, is to be as 'flexible' and 'available' as the company is asking you up be. So would you relocate? "Yes of course" Are you available to work any time of day any day of the week including holidays? "It would be my pleasure" etc.. etc...

Interview Questions
    • The other glass door reviews for FA have been very specific and right on the money.
      Key ideas and subject areas to speak on intelligently :
      How you specifically were a valuable team leader and customer service specialist in your last work place. Give an example of something extra ordinary you did. ( have examples on the ready; made up or otherwise)
      How does social media impact a brand like AA and what are your feelings on social media?
      Why do you want to be a FA? Do not say I love to travel;)

Answer Question
    • Remember at the F2F to be genuine and smart/clever but careful not to be too eager. It's really a crap shoot. Yet, I will say speaking up about non pay during training, or concerns about not seeing family during those 2 months raises red flags to those who are observing you from the company.   Answer Question
    • Dress as every post/ video blog site is recommending. AA is known to be more conservative in terms of appearance. So tone sexiness down. How ever, people naturally judge us on looks first, so make a point to look sharp, well groomed, and current, with out looking risqué. When you know you look good, your natural, charming personify will come through with the confidence needed to be in a room with 25 other competitors ( I mean friends ;)   Answer Question
    Standard union pay 21.70 per flight hour plus per diem. Average 80 hours month. Also plan on budgeting your uniform cost out of first few months pay.

American Airlines Flight Attendant - Korean Speaker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

I applied in mid July 2004 online application. I was invited to a video interview on August 4, 2014. Before the interview, a personality/ job assessment must be taken which takes about 20 minutes. You can't return to the test. Therefore, I would recommend finding the time when you can finish completely.

Interview: I must admit it was hard to prepare for a video interview. There is 4 days for you to conduct the video interview. Therefore, the interview can be taken at your time. Since I live in an apartment with roommates, I conducted the interview in a library study room. That was procedure in itself a task since there needs to be 3 or more people to use the room. I went to another city where my library card needed to be renewed.

During the interview, there are 6 audio questions. After each question, few minutes are given for the answer to be recorded. It took few minutes for the recording to upload due to the wifi at the library.
    - what is the most challenging experience you had with a customer? how did you resolve them?
    other 5 questions can be found on the interview examples.

I know that there are many applicants for the flight attendant position and the company needs to cost effective but I think good candidates are bypassed because how the initial interview is conducted.

Flight Attendant Interview

I found the job openning online, then I did the online application, then got a phone call the next day from the company tell me I have a video interview need to do,the video interview should done in 5 days, after that, I got the other email let update my information. For so far, I already waiting for half month, didn't get any respond yet.

Flight Attendant Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Airlines.

Applied last week and got a call from a recruiter 3 days later saying I would get an email inviting me for a video interview. Got the email, prepared for the interview and took it today. The video interview is automated and it is a little awkward because you have to look at the camera in your computer, smile and answer the questions.
    There are 6 questions asked. You are given 1 minute to gather your thoughts before you can start answering and then 3 minutes to finish. If you finish before the 3 minutes you are able to move on to the next question. I was asked:
    1- Why I wanted to work for AA and what I knew about the company.
    2- Give example of an outstanding customer service I received.
    3- What my experience with customer service was.
    Unfortunately I can't remember the other 3. I must confess I was more nervous than I thought I'd be. Maybe because there was no human interaction. Reading through the reviews here I noticed they change the questions, so you cannot prepare only for the questions you find here.
    Now I have my fingers crossed hoping I will get invited for the interview in Texas.
    Best of luck to everyone!!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a FA and what do you know about AA?   Answer Question

Reservation Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in September 2014.

I applied online and received an invitation to a phone interview within a week. The phone interview was fast but thorough. The interview consisted of a phone interview, domestic code exam, and face to face interview if you passed the exam.

Interview Questions
    • What process have you performed to troubleshoot your computer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in September 2014.

First is the online application followed by a long wait (four to five weeks) for a phone screening. The phone screening lead to a Skype online interview. Several weeks after that came an invitation to interview in person at the American Airlines training center in Dallas, TX. The style was group dynamics, group interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are the names of some of the people that were in your group?   View Answer
    • Tell me something about the others in your group.   View Answer

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Applied online in March 2014. Within a week I had my video interview. Flew to DFW May 2014. Was selected along with 4 others for fingerprinting after my F2F.
    Returned home and the next day received new hire paperwork which I filled out, signed and returned.
    After 3 weeks I received a phone call asking if I had been fingerprinted after my interview. I replied "yes". Was told that it would be verified and I would be called back. After 2 weeks wirhout a call I called them. I was told my fingerprints had not been cleared yet by compliance and to be patient. I was advised that my background check had cleared though. Over the past 10 eeks I have touched base with Talent Services every 2 weeks seeking an update. I have been told to be patient. Last week I received a call from Talent Services asking if I was still interested in the FA position. I stated "yes" and inquired about my fingerprints. I was told that AA was trying to get the applicants whom fingerprints were misplaced and whom were still interested, back to DFW for them to be retaken. To date, I have not heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions that everyone else has listed. Just be yourself and speak with confidence.   Answer Question
    I havent received an actual offer yet as I am still awaiting fingerprints and physical.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

All process contact by phone or email, very advanced. The interviewers are very nice and the process are enjoyable. Before i went to have interview i did a lot of research through glassdoor, not much to share cause i think currently has enough on the web to explain the process. The question are not new. Mostly can find here. It's very useful.

Salary not good