American Airlines

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Had an hour long group interview and they told us they will make a decision weather to offer the job to someone or call us back for a second interview next week. Waited for 2 weeks when they decided we need to come in for a second. The second was 2 hour long in a freezing dinning room. To do a computer test by typing up a word document, basic excel and creating a power point slide. Waste of time!

Interview Questions
    • 1. Analyzing their quarterly balance sheet and talk about as many things as possible.
      2. Benefit of a credit unions compared to banks

Answer Question

Customer Service Agent PT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in July 2014.

Applied for the position around June 30, 2014. Received a phone call on July 22, 2014 to schedule an interview for July 25th. Well received another call on July 24 to reschedule the interview for July 29th. The interview was a "round table" interview. Four applicants we're invited to interview at the same time, but only 3 of us showed up. We interviewed with the GM and GM Assistant. The GM Assistant and GM took turns asking each of us applicants questions about our work history and experience.
    The "round table" process seemed uncomfortable to me at first but it became very informal and we all relaxed and I think interviewed well.

The vacancy was posted as part-time employment. However you are expected to be available anytime day, night, weekends and holidays.

I would have loved to work for AA, but the hours or pay did not fit into my current situation. The management staff was very friendly, open and honest to all questions asked.

Station Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, KY

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in July 2014.

I applied early June. Received call on July 17th. She gave me a choice of different interview dates and times to choose from. Had the interview July 22nd. I didn't have a group interview. It was only the interviewer and I (interviewee). She discussed what the airline was all about, my job description, what the job duties I will be doing, training process, and benefits. I had to sign the job description if I agree. She then asked a couple basic interview questions. For example, I was asked How would I handle an irate customer who flight has been delayed. After the interview I was told the interview paper was going to be sent to human resources for a decision and I would here from them by Friday. She called Thursday to tell me they would like to give me the job. Friday July 25th I came in to fill out paper work for the background checks. Afterward I went to the ID office to get my fingerprints taken. Then on the same day I went to take my drug test. The background check was to take 7 to 10 business days. I was called on the 8th day and was offered the job. I start Aug. 18th.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an irate customer whose flight has been delayed   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in July 2014.

This was an extremely long drawn out process. Had several levels of interviews, including a recorded video of myself online and a group interview in person. The group interview was tough because they want to see how well you work with a team. There's a fine line between what you must do or say to follow and lead the group simultaneously.

Interview Questions
    Haven't figured out if there's negotiation but I doubt there will be any...

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Airlines in July 2014.

It was a panel interview. Two people were on the panel. There were about 7 or 8 candidates. the interview proess consisted of about 6 or 7 questions. Then there was a guided tour through the building. After the tour there was a computer test to see how quickly you could find information on the internet about the company. The interviewers were very friendly, and they smiled and gave you unspoken encouragement throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you raised the bar for yourself and those around you, and what was the result?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in July 2014.

I was contacted within a week of applying. It just so happened that I was heading to the city at which I applied and the scheduled the interview to correspond with when I was coming to town. It has now been almost four months and have not heard back. I was told that I would hear either way.

Interview Questions
    • Basic Star interview with some airline specific questions thrown in.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interviewed with 4 person all in the same room. The interview last for more than an hour. They asked me to solve the code problem in 30 min with writing tests. If I would have read the "Head first design Patterns" I would have solved that easily .
    Mostly questions was asked by the Architect level person rest of the people didn't ask anything. The Architect asked me so many questions on design patterns, JSTL, JSP, Spring - framework, JMS, Core Java, collections. Most of the questions were theoritical and if you would have read books you could pretty much answer most of them.

Interview Questions
    • Coding exercise to complete in 30 min.Which was funny.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in June 2014.

Ok so I was flown out to dallas international airport Yesterday which was June 17'th for a group interview. Upon arrival to the airport I went to the shuttle area as per the instructions in the email. We took a van with the name arias on it to the "AA" training camp which is about 10 minutes away from the airport. We first went into a room where you are required to fill out a form with basic information and then you give your passport to the host of the interview. They hold on to it till the end of the day. After everyone completes their forms then you move to a larger room where you sit in groups of 5 or 6. There will be roughly 32 of you. In this room you do fun activities to introduce yourself and get to know others around you. Standing in the back of the room is a panel of people. They are there taking notes about every individual. After about an hour of group activities the panel of people returns to the room and each one of them calls either 5 or 6 individuals with them to go for group interviews. You go to your own room. In this room another person is waiting. They are there to assist the original interviewer in taking notes. For the first question they will pick which individuals will answer first then you will answer working your way through the line. If you end up being last don't feel like you have ran out of answers simply act like nobody else was there and speak from your heart. They want to hear the truth not a script. Next they will ask one question and then who ever is ready to answer will stand up and give their answer. The last question requires you to think on your feet. Each person is given a card upside down with a question and a number you are not allowed to peek at your card. When you feel ready you stand up, turn your card over, read the question and answer the question within 30 seconds. Just answer truthfully and everything will be fine. After all the questions you will return to the group area where you will wait for your name to be called into another room. Not everyone gets to go to the other room. For some this is the bed of the road. In the next room they call you one on one to go and get fingerprints taken and after that you go and do a one on one interview. The questions they ask for the one on one are standard questions and when you are done you are told that you will be given an answer within 2 weeks. This morning I woke up and checked my email and couldn't believe that I had already received an email saying that once my fingerprints and background are clear that I can be scheduled for a physical and upon completion of my physical I will be scheduled for the 7 weeks of training. The process was definitely Intense but everyone was so nice and professional. It was one of the best interviews I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself and what you are currently doing and if you were to be the one interviewing people what would you be looking for.   Answer Question
    • What was your proudest moment   Answer Question
    • If you were to just meet someone what would you think their first reaction of you would be.   Answer Question
    • There were many other questions that were asked but this is just an idea of some of the things to expect. Good luck.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

1 phone interview then 1 visit to HQ for 3 one on one (each 30 mins) interviews. Need to know/understand as much as possible about the airline industry and how/why financial decisions change any the four financial statements.

Interview Questions
    • Should American Airlines do a capital lease or operating lease on a new aircraft and why? How would each decision be seen, if at all, on all four financial statements?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

I applied online in early March 2014, and received an email back within a week to do the webcam interview. I was really nervous, and thought I did pretty awful! I smiled a lot though, and 2 weeks later I got an email to update my information. About a week or so later I was called to do the face to face interview in Dallas. The face to face interview was scheduled for a month later (May 2014). Again, I was really nervous! The interview was a lot more relaxing than I expected though. The flight attendants that interviewed us were some of the friendliest people I've met, and they want you to be relaxed and to do your best. We started in a room where we had to feel out a paper, and there was a short question on the back. It was simple. Then we moved on to a group icebreaker. After that they paired us in groups of 5 for the group interview questions, I was too nervous to answer first but I always made sure not to be the last person to answer any questions! I was surprised that they didn't ask us more questions (I think they just asked us 5 or so), After that we watched a video about what being a flight attendant is like etc. Then one by one they called us out of the room to either walk us out or to another room to be finger printed. I was finger printed and then had a one on one interview. The one-on-one interview was again, pretty easy (this coming from someone that has not interviewed much, I'm only 20!). I just reassured them that I was ready to move to wherever I needed to, and that this is the career I want to have until I retire. Overall, it was a great experience and even if I wasn't offered the position, I would've benefited from this interview in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone else has pretty much gone over what the questions are like.   Answer Question