American Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.8

Staff Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

6 applicants Group interview Meeting at their hanger headquarters with two AA interviewers. Each applicant answered to specific questions and the process took about 40 minutes. Interviewers had prepared questions they read to the applicants and each applicant could hear the others answers.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult employee relations issues you dealt with?   Answer Question
    • How much sick or vacation time did you use last year?   1 Answer
    • What type of software do you know and how much experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about working nights, evenings and holidays?   Answer Question
    • Do you understand the process will probably take up to 6 weeks before you would start working?   Answer Question

Was offered another job in my field that was a significant pay increase from AA salary.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

Interview

Received screening interview with HR basic questions about your resume. Then invited me to a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview with the manager was ok. She had a lot of questions and they are really interested on what you know about excel. Also make sure you have scenarios prepared for challenge behavioral questions they ask I would recommend using the STAR approach. The manager was really discombobulated, I was totally lost.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an employee that is asking for money for a certain product?   Answer Question

Fleet Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

The interview was a group interview style. There were 11 other people interviewing. We went around the room in ordering answering 6 different questions. Be yourself and be honest. 3 elements that are super important are Customer Service, Safety, and Dependability so keep that in mind. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for American Airlines?   Answer Question
    • What is your current job and what do you like and dislike about it?   Answer Question
    • Are you available to work extended hours/nights/weekends?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to perform the functions necessary of the fleet service clerk?   Answer Question

Crew Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I first applied online in December and received a call at the beginning of February that they wanted to fly me to Dallas, Texas for an interview the following week. It was a group interview setting, not intimidating, and it was about an hour long. After that, I was right back on the (American Airlines) plane and headed back home!

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

Interview

First round was over the phone with very analytical questions such as how to calculate contribution margin and profitability of flights. Second round was with multiple managers on site rotating for 30 minutes each. Very industry specific questions so if you are not familiar with the airline industry they can be difficult to answer. Interview followed a survey/questionnaire format with little room for candidate to ask questions about the day to day activities

Interview Questions

• If you had your own airline how would you decide where to fly from?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Interesting way to be interviewed with 3 other candidates. Waited in the ticket counter area for 40 minutes due to the interviewer running late, then taken in a office area with 3 other candidates to be interviewed at the same time. Three managers took turns asking questions and we all took turns answering the questions. Easy and friendly environment. I enjoyed the whole process. No negatives that I can think of during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Your basic why and your experience from previous jobs.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Interviewed on Jan. 20, 2015 it was a panel interview. The questions were pretty average as group interviews go, there was also a short computer assessment. The group consisted of about 10 candidates, a tour of the call center took place. The interviewers stated that we would hear back from them soon. American Airlines seems to be a great company to work for, the benefits and salary seem about average for an entry level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Intial telephone interview and and in person interview with 4 managers. The interview question varied from basics like credit debit to personal questions. Pretty great mangers did not pressure during interview.

Interview Questions

• Differentiate following in to credit and debits. Expenses, income liability etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Complete online application and assessment survey. Within two weeks, you will receive an email inviting you to the next step in the interviewing process. Attend a group interview. Within a week of the interview, you will be notified via email if you are extended an offer and the next steps in the onboarding process.

Fleet Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (DFW, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

A week after applying I was emailed a schedule stating that I could choose my interview time from the slots offered. I showed up for the interview with documents requested to be filled out. They were doing 3 person group interviews with an American mgr. and a union steward. The interview was a pleasant experience and I immediately moved to the next step of fingerprinting and drug screen. They said it could take 4-6 weeks and as of right now it's been just over four weeks. NOT SURE IF I GOT THE JOB OR NO because I haven't heard a thing since that day. Just confused because I felt I would be hired with experience.