American Airlines Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
400 interviews

2.8

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Airlines in March 2014.

1-got e mail saying that they wanted me to do a video interview.
    2-got an e mail congratulating me on succesful completion of the video interview and was asked to update online application.
    3- got a call from a recruiter to set up my f2f interview in dallas
    4- flew to dallas for 4 hour interview
    5- had the group ice breaker at first, that everyone talks about.
    6- had the group interview which included 4 other people. We sat in chairs and answered questions asked. Simple questions like "what do you think we are looking for in a candidate?" "Tell me about your proudest moment of your work experiences" " If you could choose one word or phrase to describe a good flight attendant, what would it be?" They also had us pick a card from their hand. We could not flip it over until it was time for us to sgtand up and talk, and then we had 30 seconds to answer.
    7- The group interview was over and we all went back into the room where we did the group activity.
    8-viewed powerpoint about the benefits of working for AA and also what a typical work day is like.
    9- Recruiters started to come in to call names.
    10- some people were spoken to in the hallway, while others were taken into a room for a one-on-one interview. If they talked to you in the hallway and escorted you to the front of the hotel, you more than likely didn't make the cut. If you got the one-on-one interview, you pretty much can be confident that you are going to be selected........ or so I thought.
    11- the one on one interview is more so about you past customer service experiences. I am in the military and when she saw that in my file, her face went sour. She let me know tht they could not pay for me to go home to drill with my unit and also, if i missed traning, I could run the risk of being restarted. I assured her that I could handle the schedule and that I would be able to go to drill before hand so that I did not have to leave dallas once the training started. She still seemed a little uneasy about it.
    12- I did the reach test after the one-on-one interview, and was escorted back to the front. I filled out a finfetprint form when I was in the one on one interview but noone got finger printed that day because the machine was broken.
    13- I got an e mail within the next few weeks saying that I had not been selected. I truly believe that I was discriminated on becasue of the fact that I am in the military because I went through the exact same process as the girl I rode back to the airport with, and she got an e mail within the next 2 days telling her the next step of the interview process. The bottom line is... don't let them know about your military service. You would think that it would show commitment, but they really do not want to deal with someone who has mandatory training with the military and they have to honor it. I got a call from delta today :) maybe I will go for delta.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were fairly simple... A walk in the park.   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in March 2014.

The application process was pretty painless. Actually a lot quicker and easier than other airlines I've applied with. Uploaded resume and cover letter. Took a personality assessment too. I think that is how they weed out some people. Received an email confirming they received my application. About 4 days later I got an email saying that I had advanced to the next step and they wanted me to do a video interview. Once you get that email, you'll have 5 days to complete it. They'll even send you a reminder email and call you if you haven't completed the interview yet. The video interview was A LOT easier than I had expected. Dress as if you are going to the interview face to face. Be professional, smile, and show your personality! They know within the first 30 seconds if you are someone they would like to meet. Make sure your background is clear of everything! You want them to be able to focus on your face when they watch it, so no noisy television, or distracting paintings behind you. I found a blank white wall for mine. The video interview is automated. You'll be able to do a "test" so you can check your sound and video feed, to make sure it's working fine. The automated interviewer will read you a question and then he'll repeat it. You have 60 seconds to think about your answer, and then it automatically starts recording. You'll have 3 minutes to answer. You do not need to fill up the entire 3 minutes. I think on average, mine were probably 1 minute 30 seconds long. There are 6 questions total. Examples; "Explain a time when you received excellent customer service". "Tell me what you think about living in a new city". "What qualities do you have, that will make you a good candidate for American Airlines". Just waiting for the next step, which is an email inviting you to update your application. After that, they call you for a face to face interview in Dallas.

Ramp Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at American Airlines in October 2013.

Got an email about an interview. Mass interview with no f2f time. Got called back for training and tests. Simple

Flight Attendant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at American Airlines.

Applied online. Next day, interview video link was sent. It's been 2 business days since I completed the video interview and I haven't heard anything. If God wants me to have this job, they will call me!

Interview Questions
    • The questions were expected. All of the questions were given on glass door! What qualities do you possess that make you the best candidate? Why do you want to be a flight attendant? How did you react to an angry customer?   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at American Airlines in April 2014.

Just been through the video interview & it's not that hard

Flight Attendant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at American Airlines in April 2014.

I applied with American Eagle Airline about one month ago. I received an email inviting me to Dallas/Fort Worth for my interview.

Flight Attendant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Airlines.

Thanks to everyone who post on this blog. The advise given is right on point. The video interview was intimidating at first. But after the first question I was able to relax. What helped me to get comfortable and stay focused, was the fact that I was dressed as if I was I face to face with the interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at American Airlines in February 2010.

Dress for success....ladies business dress or suit....gentlemen suit and tie...do not overdo make up and jewelry......no visible tattoos

Interview Questions
    • Speak up...common sense questions about past experiences at your job...be honest   Answer Question
    Offered on spot....but remember it is 4 weeks of unpaid training....

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Airlines in February 2014.

I applies with AA and received and invitation for a video interview. A few weeks after, I received an invitation to fly to DFW to continue the interview process. While at the AA training center, I was impressed with the facilities. The process was very seamless and comfortable. There was a group activity, information about the company and the job. After some were called out and not seen again, those of us left I know for sure received 1 on 1 interviews, then our fingerprints were taken. Received an official offer letter through email and completed DOT paperwork. Then received docs to complete on line. Still have to take health and drug exam, but have received an offer to work for another airline. Not sure what i'm going to do yet.

No negotiation

Flight Attendant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in March 2014.

Video interview was basic questions... Pretty easy... They basically want to see how presentable you are and if you're bubbly.