American Airlines

3.5

MBA Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in December 2012.

On-campus recruiting through a Top 10 school.

Networked with company's representatives during on-campus events, sent "Thank You" notes to everyone I met and stayed in touch.

Got selected for the closed list and invited to an interview. Studied hard about the industry, the company and the challenges it faced. Nice but firm interviewer.

Selected for the second round - a case for analysis in Excel to provide a written recommendation to senior management.

Invited to the final round - "superday" in Dallas. American flew the candidates a night before, had a reception in the hotel. Next morning - three interviews back to back, one of them was another - shorter - case. After the interviews - another reception and great lunch under the wing of the iconic DC-3 airliner.

Got a call with the offer about two days later - and couldn't be happier.

Interview Questions
  • How would you market a driverless car?
    Are airlines tickets a commodity?

Answer Question
I didn't negotiate, have received a great offer, very competitive with other MBA-type jobs, and a signing bonus on top of that. I knew that by quantifying the travel benefits and the cost of living in Dallas, I am coming way ahead of my classmates.

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

MBA Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in November 2011.

AA recruited at my university, so the first round was a 1:1 interview, standard mini-cases and behavior questions (others had a phone interview). Next was a skills test - a case which was emailed, and had to be completed and emailed back within a set timeframe. Then came a full day of interviews at their headquarters, with 7 different people in two departments, plus a lunch with other staff and recruits. This part was extra intense as it was shortly after they declared bankruptcy.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather fill cargo space with bowling balls or feathers?   Answer Question