American Airlines Revenue Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2014

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Revenue Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at American Airlines in October 2013.

I had an interview on campus after applying through our center for career opportunities. A couple weeks later I had an in person interview and an exercise on excel to see if I knew some of the basics of revenue management for a particular route and how to right a memo to an executive. Then a couple weeks later I was invited to head quarters for an interview for final rounds. It consisted of 3 45-minute one on one interviews. Then we went out to lunch and the host took us back to DFW.

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines.

I thought the interview went well, but there were a few tricky questions during the process that would take someone who has not worked in the industry by surprise. They say that previous knowledge of the airline industry doesn't matter, but a lot of the questions they ask are very industry specific and difficult to answer well if you don't have a good bit of knowledge on the subject. Other than that it went well, just make sure you put a lot of thought into how you go about answering the technical questions. The purpose more than anything else is to see how well you can solve problems.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about analyzing the affects of the government shutdown on airline revenues?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Airlines.

I had an initial phone interview followed by a quick exercise that was really fun. I then was given an on-site interview and taken out to lunch. It was really fun and the employees were very helpful in answering questions and selling us on the job. I had a great experience.

Interview Questions

Pay and few vacation days

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in February 2011.

First interview was phone interview. Basic questions at first then there was some analytical questions that tested how you think on your feet. Some of the questions were based on the airline industry.

Second interview is in Dallas they fly you out first class and of course they put you in a decent hotel. You are assigned a company host who calls you when you land to answer any questions, and the host also takes you to HQ in the morning. There was four back to back interviews were you are asked a mix of behavioral and analytical questions. Some of these questions are a little challenging and some are not bad. My best advice is to learn about the airline industry. Know what problems are facing the industry and how airlines make money. Remember differentiation!!! Know ways AA can surpass its competitors. Basically, do your homework and you should be fine.

After two weeks I got the dear john letter. I was not surprised because I had not prepared well enough for the analytical questions. As a plus the hosts that you meet a quite friendly and they really make you want to work for the company. The make the experience laid back and enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • What other industries can benefit from revenue management.   Answer Question
    • If you have a flight flying from New York on New Years Eve that is completely book are you happy.   View Answer

Revenue Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in February 2011.

The first round consisted of a one on one interview and a short written test. The interview was mostly behavioral questions and questions regarding the airline industry. There was also a short case study type problem in the first interview. The written test consisted of some simple algebra problems involving the airline industry and a market sizing problem.

The final round was at the Dallas office and consisted of four 30 minute interviews with management. They were mostly behavior questions and questions about the airline industry. One interview was a market sizing / case study but wasn't that difficult.

Everyone I met was very friendly, hard working, and motivated.

Interview Questions

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!