American Airlines

Relevance Date Difficulty

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Revenue Management Analyst
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in February 2011.

Interview Details – Went through and initial resume screening process, then when scheduled for a 30min. phone interview. In the phone interview they initially ask you to walk them through your resume, why you want to work for AA, and a basic behavioral question or two. Next they ask you to walk them through 2 small business case questions, then they answer any questions you might have prepared.

In the next round you are invited to HQ and given a written 30min test consisting of 3 mathematical word problems that require an understanding of basic algebra/formula, a business case question, and a question referring to the practice of overbooking. Next you go into a series of four 30min interviews with managers that follow the same basic format at the phone interview. Upon completion they take you to an informal lunch where you are encouraged to ask more questions about AA then you are finished.

Interview Question – Brainteaser   Answer Question

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Revenue Management Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone within a few days of submitting an online application. I had previously interviewed with this company about 18 months prior and had been offered a similar role which I had declined to accept another opportunity. I had two separate phone interviews with the same recruiter and was invited to their office to interview with the hiring manager and team. Twice I was put off on setting a date, but finally one was set and I arranged time off from my current position (they were not aware I was searching) to travel 1500 miles to the interview. The evening before I was to depart I was contacted by a travel coordinator and advised the job was being filled internally. This probably explains why they kept stalling the invitation to interview in person but I was rather annoyed they hadn't been more up front with me. I hear great things about this company but I won't waste my time pursuing any future opportunities with them.

Interview Question – Tell me about the most difficult IT challenge you have encountered and how did you manage it.   View Answer

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!