American Airlines

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in November 2014.

I applied through university career service and met the recruiters (which are managers instead of HR people) at school career fair. Got a e-mail two weeks later to do a on campus interview with a follow up math/stat test.
Two week after that got a call from AA that I am moving on to the final round and they are flying me down to HDQ do a final round interview.
They flied me in super early in the morning and a host for us take care of us all day. Then met all other candidates and hosts with the Director and then head to lunch which is awesome Mexican.
Later afternoon, 3 back-to-back interview with managers and team leads.

They fly us back to school later that day.

Interview Questions
  • How many phone numbers are currently active?   View Answer
I didn't negotiate due to I really like AA and I am happy with what they offer.

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in October 2014.

I submitted my resume through campus recruiting and got a call a few weeks later asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, included mostly behavioral questions and "walk me through your resume" and "what are you most proud of". The phone interview was followed by an email with a "test" with probability type questions and it had to be sent back within 30 minutes.

About a week later I got another call offering a second round interview at headquarters in Fort Worth. They scheduled me to fly out early in the morning and land at DFW by 8am where I was met by a host for the day who picked me up and brought me to the office. After getting visitors' badges, several other candidates and I had a brief meeting with a manager about the RM department, then we each had 3 back-to-back 45 minute interviews with different people. After all of the candidates finished their interviews, AA hosted a lunch for us at a Mexican restaurant with all of the hosts and a few managers. I was on a flight back home by 3pm. Other candidates from out of state were put up in hotels for the night before and also flew home after the lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Prioritize these five situations according to which one you would want to deal with as soon as possible to the ones that could be dealt with later.
      a. Southwest offers 10% discount on all fares.
      b. United launches new route from Salt Lake City to *some city* in Montana.
      c. AirTran lowers fares for college students traveling to Florida in March.
      d. You're giving a presentation to your VP in 1 hour and haven't started preparing.
      e. United, AirTran, and Southwest all increase prices on fares for 3 different routes that AA also flies.

View Answers (2)
    I wasn't able to negotiate during my verbal acceptance. I asked if the salary was flexible and the hiring manager said that "HR gives us this number to offer candidates". Former employee also told me that the pay structure was firm. Might try to negotiate again when signing written offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Airlines in October 2014.

First interview went well, it consisted of a 30 min test (basic probability) and a 30 min behavioral interview. They just asked basic questions, about why I wanted to work for the company and just went over my resume. Second interview is in the headquarters in Fort Worth tomorrow.

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Applied through college website, was contacted after about 2-3 weeks to schedule a phone interview. The interview consisted of walking through the resume, elaborating on some of the experiences, and answering scripted questions. After the interview, took a 30-minute test which consisted of basic probability / statistics questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2011.

Went through and initial resume screening process, then when scheduled for a 30min. phone interview. In the phone interview they initially ask you to walk them through your resume, why you want to work for AA, and a basic behavioral question or two. Next they ask you to walk them through 2 small business case questions, then they answer any questions you might have prepared.

In the next round you are invited to HQ and given a written 30min test consisting of 3 mathematical word problems that require an understanding of basic algebra/formula, a business case question, and a question referring to the practice of overbooking. Next you go into a series of four 30min interviews with managers that follow the same basic format at the phone interview. Upon completion they take you to an informal lunch where you are encouraged to ask more questions about AA then you are finished.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in November 2009.

I was contacted by phone within a few days of submitting an online application. I had previously interviewed with this company about 18 months prior and had been offered a similar role which I had declined to accept another opportunity. I had two separate phone interviews with the same recruiter and was invited to their office to interview with the hiring manager and team. Twice I was put off on setting a date, but finally one was set and I arranged time off from my current position (they were not aware I was searching) to travel 1500 miles to the interview. The evening before I was to depart I was contacted by a travel coordinator and advised the job was being filled internally. This probably explains why they kept stalling the invitation to interview in person but I was rather annoyed they hadn't been more up front with me. I hear great things about this company but I won't waste my time pursuing any future opportunities with them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most difficult IT challenge you have encountered and how did you manage it.   View Answer