American Airlines

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in November 2013.

Interview Details – I got the interview through campus recruiting. There were three rounds interviews. For the first round interview, most questions were accounting and finance technique questions. Those questions were also related to airline industry. The questions were pretty straight forward, especially for people who have finance background. All questions were fair, as long as you are prepared.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview then 1 visit to HQ for 3 one on one (each 30 mins) interviews. Need to know/understand as much as possible about the airline industry and how/why financial decisions change any the four financial statements.

Interview Question – Should American Airlines do a capital lease or operating lease on a new aircraft and why? How would each decision be seen, if at all, on all four financial statements?   Answer Question

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview and then brought me in and had 4 seperate interview. interview questions were all basic standard HR behavioral questions

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Financial Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at American Airlines in November 2011.

Interview Details – It was a normal behavioral interview. With why American Airlines and why airlines industry questions. I was also given a mini case.

Prepare for the Why airlines industry and Why american questions. The finance mini case wasn't exactly difficult. It was a basic cashflow question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favourite location. Sell it to me.   Answer Question
  • How to solve the problem of a cash strapped profit making company   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Airlines

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Airlines Senior Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Airlines employees and interview candidates.