American Airlines Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (DFW, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

The overall interview experience was great. I had a panel interview with 5 employees, all of them were part of the team that I was being hired on. Majority of the questions were behavioral and personality related. I had to take a finance case study test, which required analyzing a case, calculations in excel, providing recommendations in word document and the test was 30 mins long.

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in November 2013.

Interview

I got the interview through campus recruiting. There were three rounds interviews. For the first round interview, most questions were accounting and finance technique questions. Those questions were also related to airline industry. The questions were pretty straight forward, especially for people who have finance background. All questions were fair, as long as you are prepared.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY).

Interview

1 phone interview then 1 visit to HQ for 3 one on one (each 30 mins) interviews. Need to know/understand as much as possible about the airline industry and how/why financial decisions change any the four financial statements.

Interview Questions

• Should American Airlines do a capital lease or operating lease on a new aircraft and why? How would each decision be seen, if at all, on all four financial statements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Started with a phone interview and then brought me in and had 4 seperate interview. interview questions were all basic standard HR behavioral questions

Negotiation

They did not negotiate

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Airlines in November 2011.

Interview

It was a normal behavioral interview. With why American Airlines and why airlines industry questions. I was also given a mini case. Prepare for the Why airlines industry and Why american questions. The finance mini case wasn't exactly difficult. It was a basic cashflow question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favourite location. Sell it to me.   Answer Question
    • How to solve the problem of a cash strapped profit making company   1 Answer