American Airlines

Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

They will post a position on aa.com or internal career system. You applied for the job. They invite you for interview if you are selected. You go for the first interview and if they are interested in you further they call you for a second interview. If you make it then they offer you the position and the pay. You have a chance to negotiate for pay at that time if you are not satisfied with the first offer.

Interview Questions
  • Simple questions and mostly generic for the field. It is mostly scenarion question.   Answer Question
Nogotiate for salary was bureacratic. Someone has to talk to someone higer to get a feedback in days, weeks, or months. I

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

Entire process took about 3 months I applied in November and was sent an email regarding a panel interview for January. Interview was a scripted 3 person interview they took turns asking questions such as "Tell us about something you've learned in the past year and how you've applied it in your work." Typical interview questions. In addition there was a writing sample required which you have 30 minutes to complete. A few of the questions I remember are: What are the five stages of planning? and How would you foster a self forming team?

Interview Questions
    • They run an agile shop so many of the technical questions were geared toward Agile. There was no mention of Agile (Scrum) listed in the job posting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

being a contract resource is long process of getting through the Allegis (3rd paty company, who maintains contract resources). AA hiring manager post a job requirement on Allegis to be available to allowed vendors to propose relevent/fit resume for that position. The hiring manager then selects the candidates and invites for interview. If selected they confirm the vendor company about the selection of the candidate.

No negotiation in AA contract rate but there could be negotiations (with your company) if you are on some other company's payroll and working for AA.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2011.

I had an initial phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes, with primarily "tell me about yourself questions". The second interview was in person and we discussed a lot of scenario questions. However, the interview was more to determine if my personality would fit into the culture.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you handle difficult colleagues.   View Answer
    not much room for negotiation, very quick

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in June 2010.

One interview, but kind of an irritating HR process. HR is offshore and does not return calls or provide emails

Interview Questions
    • All typical questions for a project manager. Nothing at all out of the ordinary   Answer Question
    No negotiation