American Airlines Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

3.5

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I had two rounds of interview. I have gone through first round. Second round was more about methodology and behavior questions. After that there four rounds onsite. It was more about Java technologies. It was nice experience. But Good communication needed for telephonic interview and be well prepare for behavior question on telephonic round.

Interview Questions

• They asked about Agile Methodology and behavior question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

College Interview. Recruiters came to campus. Got an interview a week later with one of the recruiters. I was later selected to interview on-site for more in person interviews. The interviews on-site consisted of 4 interviews, technical and behavioral. This was followed by an exam. I was flown to-from Dallas in the same day for the on-site interviews. Never heard a response. Had to email my initial recruiter to find out I was not selected for the position. No specific feedback given, just told I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name the three principles of object oriented design   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

There were 3 interviews, one hour each with people at various capacities in IT. Most questions were centered around past experiences pertaining to dealing with difficult people, solving difficult problems, time management, and leadership roles. Each interviewee is accompanied by an escort to guide them to each interview and provide any assistance necessary. After the interview process there is a case study where they pose a problem and have the interviewee compose a solution. This portion of the interview process is done with all candidates in the same room. The case study is for one hour. Lunch will be provided by the company at a local restaurant. After interviewing the candidates will meet with the IT Manager or someone of comparable status. Then each candidate will depart and be taken to the airport.

Interview Questions

• Write pseudo code to print out the Fibonacci sequence.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

It was a tough interview, a lot of technical/ behavioural questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult project you had.   1 Answer