American Airlines Station Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Hebron, KY) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied early June. Received call on July 17th. She gave me a choice of different interview dates and times to choose from. Had the interview July 22nd. I didn't have a group interview. It was only the interviewer and I (interviewee). She discussed what the airline was all about, my job description, what the job duties I will be doing, training process, and benefits. I had to sign the job description if I agree. She then asked a couple basic interview questions. For example, I was asked How would I handle an irate customer who flight has been delayed. After the interview I was told the interview paper was going to be sent to human resources for a decision and I would here from them by Friday. She called Thursday to tell me they would like to give me the job. Friday July 25th I came in to fill out paper work for the background checks. Afterward I went to the ID office to get my fingerprints taken. Then on the same day I went to take my drug test. The background check was to take 7 to 10 business days. I was called on the 8th day and was offered the job. I start Aug. 18th.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer whose flight has been delayed   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Airlines (Tallahassee, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview. Lasted about 30 minutes. Asked everyone the same question, about 4 of us was in the interview together. Everyone got the job.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to go beyond your call of duty?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Airlines (Richmond, VA).

Interview

You need copies of your diplomas, passport, social security cards, etc. for background checks. Often group interviews, multi page questionaires, and tours of the station and operations.

Interview Questions

• Not necessarily a question but as a station agent you need to be prepared for all aspects and worse case scenarios...our group got a tour of the ramp, loading cargo bins, emptying the lavs, trying to give you the gross out factor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, take it or leave it salary rate.

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (College Station, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Was called a week later for an interview scheduled for the next week. It was group interview style; i interviewed with three other individuals. They had an additional group interview later that day for different individuals. I was called 2 days later letting me know that I was not hired but they were still interested. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Not the most difficult but the most unexpected question asked was, "If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

I received an email invitation to a group interview. When I arrived, I was the only one who replied to attend. Had a great one on one interview with a supervisor. Asked me approx 5-8 questions reported in other postings. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted. I wanted the opportunity to get my foot in the door.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question... Along the lines of... If I had a team of three people, what would be the necessary skills to posses to create a winning team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Airlines (Wichita, KS) in July 2013.

Interview

I was called and given times for interviews. I arrived at the ticket counter and given a "boarding" pass to make it through TSA. The interview was near the gate. This was a group interview that was meant for 3 people but the third was late and was disqualified from the interview. We were then told about the benefits (which I hate being teased about) and started the interview. There were about 7 questions in all. Pretty basic. The interview was pretty relaxed but the group interview was my main problem. Was told that I should either expect a call or email. (Call means you got the job, email means no)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alcoa, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Airlines (Alcoa, TN) in May 2013.

Interview

Group interview. Applied online was called next day. Had a group interview that each person was asked one question. Other then that the job was explained. The main part about this job is the preemployment scan takes a very long time. Background checks on the federal level and various hoops to jump through

Interview Questions

• I was only asked one question, describe yourself in one word   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Station Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2013.

Interview

Applied the beginning of December. Received email about group interview January 31. Interviews were Feb 1. Mine was scheduled for 9:30, but didn't start until 11. Nonetheless, interview went pretty good. Three basic questions, that I can't remember right now. Exactly two weeks later (Feb 15) I received email saying I was selected for the position. I was super happy. I start the background/medical check next week. Yay!

Interview Questions

• Why American Airlines? Tell me about your most recent position? What do you want from an employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Key West, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Airlines (Key West, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

good interview very thorough

Interview Questions

• why are you a good canidate for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Airlines (Abilene, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online then received a phone call from Station Manager. Went to a formal interview with the station manager and a shift supervisor about a week later, when i was offered the position. After the interview i had to get finger printed for a background check and flew to DFW after the results came back for a meeting and urine screening with the medical staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiations. It was this is the position and pay.