American Airlines Station Agent Interview Questions

2.7

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hebron, KY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, KY

I applied online - interviewed at American Airlines in July 2014.

I applied early June. Received call on July 17th. She gave me a choice of different interview dates and times to choose from. Had the interview July 22nd. I didn't have a group interview. It was only the interviewer and I (interviewee). She discussed what the airline was all about, my job description, what the job duties I will be doing, training process, and benefits. I had to sign the job description if I agree. She then asked a couple basic interview questions. For example, I was asked How would I handle an irate customer who flight has been delayed. After the interview I was told the interview paper was going to be sent to human resources for a decision and I would here from them by Friday. She called Thursday to tell me they would like to give me the job. Friday July 25th I came in to fill out paper work for the background checks. Afterward I went to the ID office to get my fingerprints taken. Then on the same day I went to take my drug test. The background check was to take 7 to 10 business days. I was called on the 8th day and was offered the job. I start Aug. 18th.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle an irate customer whose flight has been delayed   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at American Airlines in March 2014.

It was a group interview. Lasted about 30 minutes. Asked everyone the same question, about 4 of us was in the interview together. Everyone got the job.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to go beyond your call of duty?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Airlines.

You need copies of your diplomas, passport, social security cards, etc. for background checks. Often group interviews, multi page questionaires, and tours of the station and operations.

Interview Questions
    • Not necessarily a question but as a station agent you need to be prepared for all aspects and worse case scenarios...our group got a tour of the ramp, loading cargo bins, emptying the lavs, trying to give you the gross out factor.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, take it or leave it salary rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in January 2014.

Applied online. Was called a week later for an interview scheduled for the next week. It was group interview style; i interviewed with three other individuals. They had an additional group interview later that day for different individuals. I was called 2 days later letting me know that I was not hired but they were still interested. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Not the most difficult but the most unexpected question asked was, "If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online - interviewed at American Airlines in October 2013.

I received an email invitation to a group interview. When I arrived, I was the only one who replied to attend. Had a great one on one interview with a supervisor. Asked me approx 5-8 questions reported in other postings. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted. I wanted the opportunity to get my foot in the door.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question... Along the lines of... If I had a team of three people, what would be the necessary skills to posses to create a winning team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Airlines in July 2013.

I was called and given times for interviews. I arrived at the ticket counter and given a "boarding" pass to make it through TSA. The interview was near the gate. This was a group interview that was meant for 3 people but the third was late and was disqualified from the interview. We were then told about the benefits (which I hate being teased about) and started the interview. There were about 7 questions in all. Pretty basic. The interview was pretty relaxed but the group interview was my main problem. Was told that I should either expect a call or email. (Call means you got the job, email means no)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alcoa, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alcoa, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Airlines in May 2013.

Group interview. Applied online was called next day. Had a group interview that each person was asked one question. Other then that the job was explained. The main part about this job is the preemployment scan takes a very long time. Background checks on the federal level and various hoops to jump through

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked one question, describe yourself in one word   View Answer
    No negotiation

Station Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in February 2013.

Applied the beginning of December. Received email about group interview January 31. Interviews were Feb 1. Mine was scheduled for 9:30, but didn't start until 11. Nonetheless, interview went pretty good. Three basic questions, that I can't remember right now. Exactly two weeks later (Feb 15) I received email saying I was selected for the position. I was super happy. I start the background/medical check next week. Yay!

Interview Questions
    • Why American Airlines?
      Tell me about your most recent position?
      What do you want from an employer?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Key West, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Key West, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Airlines in November 2012.

good interview very thorough

Interview Questions
    • why are you a good canidate for this job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greer, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greer, SC

I applied online - interviewed at American Airlines in January 2008.

Back in late '07, I applied online. The positions are highly sought after as the travel industry benefits are great. It took a few weeks to get contacted for an interview. They were all held on one day and were short periods of time. One unusual thing. We interviewed in a group of about 6. I had mixed feelings of "may the best man win" and "I will crush you". The GM has been with the company for most of his career life and is a great dude ... but with the fragility of the airline industry, he knows that the bottom line is what will keep their station open and is all business.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too unusual. A lot of "are you willing to work outside in poor conditions under intense deadlines" types. One lady went on "about" or some other website and looked up "how to interview well". I've looked at these as well, but you can't just cut and paste ... you have to learn how to smoothly blend the good qualities in with your own nature. She almost quoted AA's company website (I think she had it in a book) about their vision, but it didn't fit the context of the question. Btw, if you say that you aren't willing to work under any conditions or you are afraid of heavy manual labor, don't expect a call back.   View Answer
    There's not much negotiating in this business. Everything is pretty much written down and you will take it or leave it. Most folks don't get into the airline industry for the money, as much as they do for the benefits. But if you work hard, you can increase both over time.

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!