American Apparel Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Apparel.

Interview

I called the store asking if they were hiring and they gave me a time to go in for the interview. I tried to wear all over American Apparel, except for my shoes (I wore my Vans). The questions were super basic and the person interviewing me seemed uninterested.
    I got a call a few days later asking about availability but I was no longer interested in working there since I found out I have to wear American Apparel everything (meaning shoes and glasses too)....

Interview Questions

• What do you know about AA?
      What is your favorite piece from AA?
      What are you studying?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Apparel (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

it was very quick, about 20 mins. They ask you real basic questions, not too hard. Right on the hand questions. Wear American Apparel head to toe, it's a good lock if not than be unique and fashionable. Some managers will take pics of you at locations, which means they like you but won't mean you'll get the job. Make sure you're yourself and act like you want the job and you're willing to build and grow with the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about AA (American Apparel)?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Apparel.

Interview

Arrived 10 minutes early and There were a few people already waiting, i got called Into the back room. It was laidback and it only took about 8 minutes, there were 3 employees, the district manager, the manager and another employee. And the manager was the one to ask most questions, the other two just wrote down my answers.

Sales Associate - American Apparel Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Apparel (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

You can apply online but it's better to wait for an open call. Make sure to get there early there will be a long line. The interview itself takes about 15-20mins.
    Open call is a job interview
    If they like you they will take a picture if you and "send it to headquarters"
    The interview it self is In a small back room with 2 people sitting across from you one person asks questions and writes done answers other person observes and might ask you 1 or 2 questions. In all it's very personal and laid back, take a deep breath smile and don't get scared.
    Make sure to wear something that looks like American apparel style-ish.
    Make sure to call back because they will not call you. Act like you want the job
    If you do not call you will not get the job no matter what awesome the interview went. Call after 2 days

Interview Questions

• What is your style?
      What do you know about American apparel?
      What is American apparel style?
      Bunch of personal questions

Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Apparel (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was at an open call in NYC, early by about 20 minutes. Already, there were probably 20 people in front of me and I waited 2 hours for an interview. When I finally got it, one man was on the phone while the woman asked me a few brief questions. It was a pretty standard interview, but it took literally 5 minutes, which was frustrating since I had waited so long. They were really rushed and stopped taking photographs of interviewees at that point, also.

Sales Associate - American Apparel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Apparel (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I went to the store to return something and saw that they were hiring but I ended up applying online on January 28th. Got a call 2 weeks later for an interview the week after the call. I went it and the manager was really nice and so were the employees, I'm a regular so I already knew the store fairly well and the interview was a breeze. The manager told me I had very good answers and told me that I'd hear back in 2 weeks. Definitely go in with confidence and all AA apparel. The questions were really basic, she followed the interviewer guide questions so it's basically general "what's your experience?" "how can you contribute?" Type of questions. Definitely think of words to describe your style and the store cause that is what I got stuck on, despite my love for the store, I really drew blank. But yeah interview was easy and go in with confidence and be assertive and friendly!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Definitely ask questions after they're finished! That'll show that you're interested and have concerns of your own. Talk about your experiences and how they can contribute. Be calm and be you. I went casual and not dressy, something you'd see their employees wearing.

Sales Associate - American Apparel Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Apparel.

Interview

went in for an open call ...wore all AA, same day got am email for second interview came in and didn't get an offer...(if you get a second interview still be on your stuff b/c it doesn't mean you got the job yet!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Apparel.

Interview

Really basic retail interview, easy to pass especially if you are not an idiot. They will take your picture though, so don't be fat, ugly, don't wear makeup, don't do your hair and don't wear the wrong clothes b/c you won't be picked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Cashier, Personal Shopper Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Apparel.

Interview

Short interview with about four to five questions and a photo taken at the end to show personal style! A store manager will interview you depending on position you are interviewing for it may be a district manager, it is brief and non threatening just make sure you know about the back ground of the company!

Interview Questions

• Do you know what American Apparel is all about?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Apparel.

Interview

Went to an open call for seasonal sales. Told me to expect a call for a second interview in a couple days. Took one full body photo. Got a call back in about less than a week to come in to do the second interview, got the job right then. I did not wear American apparel.

Interview Questions

• The questions people were usually asked here, but a lot less questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, minimum wage