American Apparel Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Apparel.

Interview

I went to the Open Call where the district manager interviewed me. Four days later I got a call back for a second interview. The manager and another person interviewed me for the second one. The manager was asking all the questions and the other person was just observing and sometimes writing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at AA?
      Describe your style in 3 words.
      Describe the style of AA in 3 words.
      Describe a time when you feel the most successful.

Answer Question

Inventory Associate Interview

Interview

Went to an open call and there were about 15 people ahead of me. When it was finally my turn the interviewer asked me several basic questions and said I seemed like a good candidate and that I'd hear from him in about three days. I never heard from him.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Apparel (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy and quick interview. The interviewer asked me a couple of questions but said they were looking for people with open availability, which I didn't have at the time. Unfortunately, I wasn't hired because of that.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Apparel (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Went in for an open call and got interviewed right away, which was very casual. Was told that I could expect a callback Tuesday and didn't receive one, so I decided to go into the store to ask the manager if she's made callbacks yet, as I really wanted the job. She was in the backroom so an employee helped relay our messages and I never saw the manager. They let me wait around for about an hour before they told me the manager can't see me. I have no idea what was going on back there, but they could've done their jobs better so I didn't have to waste my time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Apparel (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I sent a resume and two pictures to a hiring email and got an email back in about a week if I was still interested. I was called by one of the stores in the area, saying that they had received my resume and would like to interview me. I went in the next week at my interview time and was told to wait around for 15 minutes. My interview lasted about 5 minutes and they asked me for contact information as they could not find my resume.

Sales Associate - American Apparel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Apparel (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, i saw a job opening on indeed.com, so i was super excited to apply, so i applied for every open position, visual, sales, inventory. etc. So i was so anxious that i went to the store to talk to a manager of some sort, but was told my the working visual associate that they were no longer hiring and that the store manager would be re hiring all the associates which left for school, and that there were no open calls either. So i was super bummed but i decided to call back the next day to actually speak to the store manager. And he informed me that they were indeed still hiring and that i should come to the open call on Friday and bring my resume. I arrived and the manager told me there was some timing difficulties with the open call and district so he had kinda canceled it, but he informed me not to worry and we continued on to the office for the interview. He was super nice and layed back and i felt some comfortable and i fit right in. he told me that the interview went great and he had a pleasure talking to me and he would send my resume and information to the district and he would call by the end of next week. So im excited and anxious and i really hope i get the job :)

Interview Questions

• Why AA?
      What do you know about the brand?
      Describe your style in three words?
      Describe AA style in three words?
      what is your availability?
      What hours do you prefer?
      How would you handle a dissatisfied customer?
      Do you have any questions for me?
      Are you more of a leader or team player?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Apparel.

Interview

I applied online which took maybe 10 minutes. Got an email the next day asking if I was interested in having an interview in a week. The interview was extremely brief for the distance I drove. They asked simple questions then for availability and preferred locations. Interview lasted no more than 15 minutes and at the end was told I should expect an email in two weeks.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Apparel (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on monday got an email after that day. Went on the date of the interview it was a 1 on 1.Hiring manager was very nice. Very quick interview. Said they'll call within a week. Nothing offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Apparel (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I went to an open call and stood on 3 different lines (outside line, in-store line and the line to actually get interviewed). The wait was fairly long to be interviewed. I got interview and it was about a 5 minute interview. They said it should take a week to call me back.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at American Apparel (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in for an open call. Waited a while til they were ready to interview me. I then was interviewed by the assistant manager and merchandiser. They asked me simple questions and then they said they would call in a few days and if i dont hear from them i should call.