American Apparel

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

1.8

Sales Associate - American Apparel Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Apparel.

went in for an open call ...wore all AA, same day got am email for second interview came in and didn't get an offer...(if you get a second interview still be on your stuff b/c it doesn't mean you got the job yet!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Apparel.

Really basic retail interview, easy to pass especially if you are not an idiot. They will take your picture though, so don't be fat, ugly, don't wear makeup, don't do your hair and don't wear the wrong clothes b/c you won't be picked.

none

Cashier, Personal Shopper Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Apparel.

Short interview with about four to five questions and a photo taken at the end to show personal style! A store manager will interview you depending on position you are interviewing for it may be a district manager, it is brief and non threatening just make sure you know about the back ground of the company!

Interview Questions
    • Do you know what American Apparel is all about?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Apparel.

Went to an open call for seasonal sales. Told me to expect a call for a second interview in a couple days. Took one full body photo. Got a call back in about less than a week to come in to do the second interview, got the job right then. I did not wear American apparel.

Interview Questions
    • The questions people were usually asked here, but a lot less questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, minimum wage

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Apparel.

I saw on Craigslist that they were having an Open Call so I attended wearing everything AA (this is important because they judge your outfit if it's not AA). I went there 10 minutes before the time posted and I was 7th in line. It's important to get there early. I went and spoke to the manager and she wasn't really interested in my resume she just asked me questions about my availability and where I was located. She took a picture of me and said she would send it to the headquarters and would call me back if I was approved and had the look. A week went by and I received a phone call for a second interview and she told me to bring 2 forms of id. When I went she told me she was offering the position and I had to sign papers. The second interview wasn't an interview it was a job offer. She didn't ask me any questions. I'm excited to start the job !

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work at American Apparel and not any other retail store?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Interview

I submitted application online and was emailed to schedule that interview. I went to interview and tried to look the part. Interview was quick but had to wait around a bit. The store Manager asked me questions. Asked about favorite article of clothing from the store.

Sales Associate - American Apparel Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Apparel in December 2014.

This was most likely one of the most easygoing interviews I've ever attended. The process in total took about 4 weeks and I just got the job today. Like many people have already stated, they take your picture when you drop off your resume and cover letter (I highly recommend leaving them with a cover letter, I did it and the assistant manager was very impressed) and if they feel you have the "look," they'll call you in for an interview. My interview was with the assistant manager but the general manager, who was very sweet I should note, was in the same room observing. As every interview is conducted by someone different, there's no exact format to an American Apparel interview nor what sort of questions they'll be asking you (a lot of the questions listed in other reviews weren't even spoken of during my interview), HOWEVER, I do recommend that you go in there knowing everything about the company, from who founded it, to where their HQ is located, and what their philosophy is, as well as, why you want to work for the company. My interview was short over all (10-15 minutes) and I was told at the end of it that I would receive a phone call in about a week. When the general manager finally called me back, I was told I would have to come in for a second interview in two days. When I arrived the day of my second interview, I was told that it wasn't actually an interview, rather, a job offer. As I was filling out paper work, both the assistant manager who interviewed me and the general manager said they were blown away by how well spoken I was and how much I knew about the company, so if public speaking is an asset of yours, just do your research and the position should be yours! Other small factors helped me get the job such as showing up 15-20 minutes early and wearing their clothing to the interview (don't stress wearing their clothes from head to toe, if you only own a pair of jeans from them, wear that with something similar to what they sell in the store).

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Apparel in December 2014.

One will send in their application, resume, and picture of themselves (to demonstrate your personal style) to the district manger and if they're interested, will contact the desired store to send you an email to follow up with that location's manager. Once contacted, the manager will set up an interview. Dress in ALL American Apparel (even shoes) and little to no make up because the brand is all about natural beauty. From there, the manager and possibly the assistant manager will ask you basic questions such as why would you be a good addition to our team and what have you done in the past to convince someone. Be sure that you're informed about the company and what they stand for. Although it is a given, be aware of the clothing that American Apparel sells and be prepared with what your favorite items are.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Apparel.

E-mail application, through which you select location preferences. You'll get the typical employment and educational history questions, followed by a resume with a cover letter. They'll also ask for a "modeling headshot" and photographs showing off your "minimalist style." The online process was a cakewalk, less intense and less professional than other retail positions I've applied to.

Interview Questions
    • None. You can finish this job application in an hour.   View Answer

Sales Associate - American Apparel Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Apparel.

Very simple and easy. I got an email that day saying that they wanted to meet with me. Then, I went and met a couple hours later at the location. The person who interviewed me was very nice and the interview process was very simple. She asked a couple easy questions that I didn't even have to think about and that was it. I got it the job also.