American Apparel Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

1.8

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Apparel (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It took me multiple tries to finally get an interview. I went to multiple stores dropping my resume at each one. Each I recieved either acceptance or like semi OK feedback. I finally was interviewed at an open call with a district manager and then had to have a second interview with the store manager.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Apparel (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied thru online (they also have open calls, it says on their website, they update the information very often.) I received the offer three days after i sent out the resume. i went to the Melrose location to do the interview. The interviewer was really nice, the interview feels like casual talk. It was pretty fast, the whole process probably takes about 5 mins.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for American Apparel   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Apparel (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online including 2 pictures of me. Got an email saying to come for an interview about 3 days later. I came in wearing all AA and looking sharp with barely any makeup since their goal was to promote the "natural beauty" and even had a cover letter. The manager looked very young and she took me inside a small office. It was a very quick process about 2 minutes which I thought was weird. She didn't seem interested and when we were done she just shook my hand while sitting which showed the impression that she didn't even want to open the door for me. So I got up left and I felt really awkward and uninviting. I looked back and she just went straight to her phone. I was so excited for this opportunity. Never got a call back and so I called after about a week and they told me if she were interested, she would of called me...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Apparel (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The process was very quick. I went in a small back room during a normal business day and they asked me why I wanted to work at AA. They also asked about what you could bring to the company. It was a 5 min process, honestly. It was be very comfortable and very layed back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Apparel (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed a few days later for an interview. Very relaxed, pretty comfortable. I was walked into an office and had a one on one interview. Im terrible at interviews and this was one of the easiest and laid-back interviews I've ever had. Got an email a few hours later offering me a sales position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for AA? Describe AA style in 3 words. Describe your style in 3 words. What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I filled out a form online at the American Apparel website that stated that they needed new sales associates. The form said to include three photos of yourself, and your resume. Shortly after, i got an email back asking if i was able to come in for an interview at their Melrose location at 1. Of course, I responded back, happy that i was reached out to! On the day, I arrived at the location about 15 minutes early and was told that Tavia (the woman I was meeting with) was dropping a few things off and that i should just stay put. I walked around the store about 20 times, trying to adjust items that looked a mess. Finally, i got a tap on my shoulder, at about 1:05 or so, to double check that it was me. She was very friendly. She told me to sit in the chairs that were on display in the center of the store and she scooted hers towards mine. She started with a fresh piece of paper. Most of the questions were very simple, easy to answer questions, especially if you had been thinking about it beforehand. When the interview was over, she said to me that she would reach out by the end of the week if she's looking for a second interview. I thanked her, shook her hand, and got up. It was only 1:11. Overall, the experience was somewhat nerve racking, not having done it before. I haven't gotten an offer yet, but i am still awaiting!!!

Interview Questions

• Why American Apparel?   1 Answer
    • Have you done any voulenteer work/been part of a group? What are the pros/cons?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Apparel.

Interview

I went to the Open Call where the district manager interviewed me. Four days later I got a call back for a second interview. The manager and another person interviewed me for the second one. The manager was asking all the questions and the other person was just observing and sometimes writing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at AA? Describe your style in 3 words. Describe the style of AA in 3 words. Describe a time when you feel the most successful.   Answer Question

Inventory Associate Interview

Interview

Went to an open call and there were about 15 people ahead of me. When it was finally my turn the interviewer asked me several basic questions and said I seemed like a good candidate and that I'd hear from him in about three days. I never heard from him.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Apparel (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I sent a resume and two pictures to a hiring email and got an email back in about a week if I was still interested. I was called by one of the stores in the area, saying that they had received my resume and would like to interview me. I went in the next week at my interview time and was told to wait around for 15 minutes. My interview lasted about 5 minutes and they asked me for contact information as they could not find my resume.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the brand? Why American Apparel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Apparel (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy and quick interview. The interviewer asked me a couple of questions but said they were looking for people with open availability, which I didn't have at the time. Unfortunately, I wasn't hired because of that.