American Apparel

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at American Apparel in December 2009.

Interview Details – There was an open call. I walked into a room, got asked one question and was hired on the spot. I was asked to report to the store the next day. Had a picture taken of me.

Interview Question – Why American Apparel?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't really know how to negotiate because I was 14 and naive.

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at American Apparel in August 2011.

Interview Details – I went to an open call for sales associate positions. I was interviewed by the store manager and was asked the standard retail interview questions ("Tell me a little bit about your style," ect.) The whole interview lasted about 10 minutes tops. At the end of it, a full body photo was taken of me to be submitted to corporate for approval. Make sure you were a very "AA-approved" outfit to the interview. Overall, it was one of the easiest interviews I had ever done.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a difficult experience you had at a previous job and how you handled yourself."   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Apparel in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and soon got an email inviting me for an interview. The girl who interviewed me was really nice, she asked me about my previous experience and why did I apply to American Apparel. The interview lasted for around 20 minutes and in the end she took a picture of me.

Interview Question – They expect you to know about the brand and represent their style with your clothes and personality. there were no difficult or unexpected questions at all.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Apparel

Worked for American Apparel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Apparel Keyholder interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Apparel employees and interview candidates.