American Appraisal

www.american-appraisal.com
  www.american-appraisal.com

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Appraiser Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at American Appraisal in March 2010.

Got the interview by submitting through school job search database. The interview was also held at the school career center. The interviewer asks you questions about your personality and others that look at your thinking processes, character, etc. The job asks you to travel a majority of the time. You're independent and have to type up reports on the laptop. If you have experience in construction, it's a definite plus. You have a salary and it's not commissioned.
When it came time to ask the questions, that's when my perception of the company got turned off. It's fairly typical to research about the company online and use that to ask questions during the interview, which I did. During my question about the company's image, I was cut off and was told a blunt answer; one of those "wrap it up" type of questions. They were going through a company image change at the time so I wanted to clarify that.
I wouldn't recommend this as a full-time job for any college graduate. If you have experience in construction, or anything that relates to that trade, then go for it. But if you're finance, or anything relating to business, move on.

Interview Questions