American Association for the Advancement of Science

Unclaimed Profile

American Association for the Advancement of Science Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Association for the Advancement of Science

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Association for the Advancement of Science.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted 1 week later for an interview. I was asked to provide writing samples in advance of the interview. When I arrived, I first met with the HR manager, who asked mostly about work history, related job skills, strengths/weaknesses and other standard interview questions. Next, HR administered a timed editing test on the computer. The time allotted for this test was not nearly long enough to get through the whole document, but I suppose they wanted to see how quickly you can work. Next, I met with the hiring manager who asked about my experience specific to this position. The manager also shared details about the position. I

Interview Questions

• What would your current or former bosses say is an area where you need improvement?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Association for the Advancement of Science (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview consisted of a phone interview which pretty much went over main points on my resume and my interest in the position. The questions were pretty standard behavioral interview format. However, the hiring process took a bit longer than expected. While the position was stated to start the first week of June I only received confirmation I got the internship a little under 2 weeks before. This made it a little difficult to find housing. Besides this, the hiring process was fairly straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What is it about science policy and human rights that interests how?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. This was an unpaid internship

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Association for the Advancement of Science (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

On site panel interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation room

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Association for the Advancement of Science in March 2012.

Interview

I met with the HR department first and went through the typical interview process. I was then brought upstairs to meet with various other department heads. It was pretty straight forward and laid back. I got to learn about the company and they got to learn about my background as well.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Association for the Advancement of Science in August 2011.

Interview

I interviewed three different times - once with the entire team, once with my direct supervisor, and once with the program director. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful and they made the interview an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult decision you've had to make in the workplace?   Answer Question