American Audio Visual Center Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Audio Visual Center

Audio Video Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Audio Visual Center (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The corporate gent was young and inexperienced regarding how to interview a candidate. The process was in no way polished. HR needs to implement better practices and training of interviewers. I was offered the position but turned it down due to their inability to communicate effectively. As a whole, I do like their end product and have seen some great work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Tell me about yourself? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

AV Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Audio Visual Center in December 2014.

Interview

They seem to care more about your soft skills, rather than how much AV knowledge you got under your belt. They want to know that you can work in the hotel industry and take care of the company's customers. It was very casual and nice overall. I was a little put off because they implied a full-time position when I applied online but there were none available according to the interviewer. If you know your AV stuff, all you need to know is prove that you can live by they "extreme customer service" motto.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Audio Visual Center (Orlando, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a colleague whom I had worked with in the past. The interview process with AVCS began with a telephone conversation with the Northeast Regional recruiting specialist. We spoke twice about the opportunities available in New York. The recruiter was very knowledgeable of the NYC market, well informed of the company and its culture and most amicable and pleasant to speak with on the phone. I was asked to set up a personal interview with the Director of the property to who I would report to. He also was very knowledgeable about the company and its culture. The interview did go a little longer than I thought it should. He was not willing to specifically outline the commission program of the position, and indicated it would be outlined in more detail should a job offer be extended. I followed up with both him and the northeast regional recruiter within three days to decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you participated in a team, what was your role?   Answer Question

The base salary discussed during the interview process was forty percent less than my current base. With the estimated commission (again nothing firm), I would have realized an almost thirty percent cut in my total compensation package.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Audio Visual Center in January 2011.

Interview

found out how good I was and it went from there,they ask me did I know equipment and how to QC equipment. They ask me did I know how to set up break out rooms and general session

Audio Visual Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Audio Visual Center in January 2012.

Interview

I contacted American Audio Visual Company about opportunities in my area.After a brief phone call, an interview was scheduled. My interview was with the Director of the property. The following day, I was contacted by a regional VP for a second in-person interview. Both interviews were very engaging and were honestly the best interviews I've had in the industry.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your career in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What's your biggest strength?   1 Answer

I declined my offer with AAVC due to the cost of living in the potential hotels area and pay compared to my current position.I would effectively made less money due to the cost of living. Also, I was honestly looking for a Directors position, which they were unable to offer at the time.