American Automobile Association (AAA) Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Long Beach, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The entire interviewing process took roughly one week. I applied on a Wednesday, I was sent a link to take a pre employment assessment the next day. On Thursday I completed the assessment. This assessment consisted of customer call simulation and coding .It took about an hour to complete it was not extremely difficult but it is time sensitive and requires some level of concentration. After taking my assessment on Thursday, I received an email from HR saying that I passed the assessment and that I was invited to set up a phone interview. I set up my phone interview for the next day, Friday. The phone interview was conducted by a nice recruiter from HR she went over the specs of the job, the starting pay, may work holidays and weekends, 40 hours a week, when training would start and so on. She then asked me quite a few questions, how fast did I type, customer service skills, why did I want the position, what interested me in the company, how did I feel about the company's policy on being on time to training (this was a 20 min call). That following Monday I received a call from the supervisor of the call center, she told me she would call me Tuesday morning and we would have a brief 10-15 minute role play call. The next day she called me a few minutes earlier than the time she told me she would (so be prepared). We did two role play scenarios, one where a member wanted to pay via credit card which we don't accept and one where the member was frustrated that her tow truck hadn't arrived when a rep had told her it would arrive. This is completely ad lib they are not looking for you to know company policy, just make sure you mock how you've heard call center reps interact, if you do not know I suggest you look on Youtube. The duration of the role play call was 6 minutes, immediately after we finished the role play she offered me an invitation to come in for a face to face interview that Thursday. I interviewed, dress business casual, I sat in on a couple of calls for about 10-15 minutes with another rep, it doesn't seem to bad. I was then taken to the cubicle where the supervisor who actually conducted the role play call met me, her and another supervisor interviewed me. If it helps, they write the entire time you interview so it helps ease the mind and nerves. During the interview ***always remember S.T.A.R. when they ask you a question: Scenario, Task, Action, Result. They are looking for what YOU did on the job at your previous employment NOT what you did as a group or you and your supervisor. They asked me some preliminary questions and then followed with the "real" questions there were 6 which they will explain to you. Most are situational questions that may require some thought: Tell me about a time where...... you didn't agree with a supervisor and how did you handle it, you were passionate about a project and how did you go about succeeding, you handled a customer complaint, you went above and beyond..... Just remember STAR, that has to be your response layout for EVERY SINGLE QUESTION. From the time I walked into AAA's door until I got in my car an hour had passed so I'd say the interview process was 30-45min. That afternoon I received a call that I was offered the position. The next day, Friday, HR sent me my offer letter and info on the hiring process to follow... I hope this helps good luck :)

Interview Questions

• During the interview ***always remember S.T.A.R. when they ask you a question: Scenario, Task, Action, Result. They are looking for what YOU did on the job at your previous employment NOT what you did as a group or you and your supervisor. They asked me some preliminary questions and then followed with the "real" questions there were 6 which they will explain to you. Most are situational questions that may require some thought: Tell me about a time where...... you didn't agree with a supervisor and how did you handle it, you were passionate about a project and how did you go about succeeding, you handled a customer complaint, you went above and beyond, there was a change in company rules and how did you deal with this..... Just remember STAR, that has to be pretty much be your response layout for EVERY SINGLE QUESTION.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online. About two weeks later, I was called to schedule an interview. Lady was very nice, and pleasant. Made me feel very comfortable speaking with her. She said she would hand over her interview questioner over to branch manager. I was contacted by him for a follow up interview about the shift, the expectations, training requirements and such. He then told me I would be emailed an assessment to do online. I got the email the next day, completed it, and contacted the branch manager again to confirm my completion of the assessment....he said he already received it. That a HR rep would be in contact with me. Don't know how well I did, for they never indicated whether or not I passed or not. Hope to hear from them sometime soon. Job and hours sound perfect for me right now. Haven't been offered job yet! Still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Typical "How would you handle a difficult customer....or coworker"   Answer Question
    • Has anyone ever asked you to do something unethical? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Simple. Traditional behavioral questions. Arrived to AAA on employee referral day. Escorted into HR along with 3 other individuals. We were all taken into a conference room and given a brief break down of the job requirements, hiring process (i.e hair sample drug test, background check, computerized testing)

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you used your better judgement to resolve a difficult situation with a client   Answer Question

I was offered a higher paying position within another company

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Dearborn, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Normal question what you did in problem situation. General questions are asked for all ers representatives. Must have general knowledge of company. Always dress to empress. I interviewed with one person. Interviewer will ask you about your resume so be sure to have it fresh in your mind. It is an STAR interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer calls back, and help hasn't arrived   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in April 2015.

Interview

I took applied online, 2 days later received an invitation to take an assessment Whig took about an hour. Two weeks later I got a call from an hr rep, since I was driving she said she would call the following Monday, I waited too noon then called her I kinda got the run around then she decided to scheduled a chat, I was told it would last about 20 minutes or so when she called she told me about the pay asked me 1 question told me she would be in touch, I got another invitation to take an assessment then 2 minutes letter a rejection letter after being told she would be speaking with hiring managers and contacting me back in 2 days to schedule an in office interview. It was so fusterating, I wish they would have been straight up and just told me that the one position has been filled and that they found someone more qualified rather than giving me false hope and the run around.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Burbank, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Simple questions. Very standard. The process involved drug testing via hair at 3rd party company. Initial testing online about ethics and attempting to assess you as an individual. Two entities were involved, the HR department and a outside company. The both were doing the same thing and at one point the hr dept contacted me and said that I needed to get my W2's to them. I sent those via email from IRS. He said he did not get them, then said that they contacted a former employer and all was ok. Then 4 days later the outside background company said that I still need to get former employer info to them.

Interview Questions

• Detail a time when you went above and beyond to assist a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

eld service Company looking for independent field inspectors/contractors to complete occupancy and condition verifications, upload a short report, Inspector is paid on a per job basis, Inspector /contractor runs their own business; Inspector/contractor will get a 1099 the end of the year. Inspector can use Android, I phone, I pad, etc...and submit the work from the field. If you are currently inspecting and want to add to your current load or you are simply interested in completing these inspections please provide us with your home zip code, email address, a phone number where we can contact you. Coverage areas are:

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

apply online on thier website. From there, if you are chosen, they will email you an online assessment. If you pass, a recruiter from AAA will contact you, most likely via email to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a difficult situation you have had with a customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

They ask you to do a role play, let say if you are a customer service representative and they are the customer, what would you do, they try so hard to hint what they expect you to do, and it looks like this is the first part of the interview and they expect you to do what they tell you, which makes sense, but personally i feel that they have high expectations at an interview when you are not even trained to sync in with the company expectations yet, its an interview that they expect too much.

Interview Questions

• They would tell you 1 company policy and role play as a customer who would try to do the opposite of the company policy, and it is up to you to decide how you would respond.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then about 7 days later got an email asking me to fill out their assessment test, several days later I received a phone call to make an appointment to take a phone call preliminary interview with the AAA H.R. department. They called me slightly later than they said they would but I apparently passed the phone interview. Later that day the local office called to set up a face to face interview for the following Tuesday. I arrived 15 minutes early and in business attire (even though those doing the CSR job were quite casual, I saw some ladies wearing house slippers) and they eventually came out to the lobby to get me. They sat me down with a CSR worker for 1 hour and I watched her do her job. There is absolutely NOTHING difficult about this job. If you can talk and navigate through a couple screens and or programs on a computer and have the demeanor to try to help people then you CAN do this job. After the hour was up they pulled me into a cubicle for the face to face interview. Asked the usual behavioral questions and want you to be specific, "tell us about a time with an upset customer that you dealt with", tell us why you wish to work for AAA etc. I had come into the interview from a job that I'd been working for the past 23 years and at the end of the interview I knew I didn't get the job as the person told me something like "This job is totally different than what you've been doing", and "Well, we have a couple more people to interview, so the recruiting agent will be contacting you in the next 2 days or so". 2 or 3 days later I got the rejection notice saying I wasn't chosen. Personally, I think the face to face interviewer couldn't see how my previous job of 23 years might have connected well with the duties that the CSR position needs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AAA?   1 Answer