American Automobile Association (AAA) Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Dec 24, 2014

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in May 2014.

Please beware he "bait and switch". If they like you in the initial interview they will pitch you that FT is 30 hrs/wk and you work when you want. By the 3rd interview you are told the truth-you will be expected to stay to close every day and work much closer to 45+hrs a week. You will be told there is a base salary with commission, but really you will only get commission if you sell 20+ policies a month, and that is only a $400.00/month increase! Not too many brand new agents will be able to attain that goal, and the base salary is laughable even with the "bonus commission". I have no idea how they retain or even gain employees, but please make sure you find out the truth before wasting 2-3 months of your life trying to gain employment as a AAA Insurance Agent-it is a waste of your time.

Interview Questions
  • Being intentionally mislead and lied to point blank about what to expect from your "employment" AKA slave labor   Answer Question

They lied and mislead me. I wish I never stepped foot in that place. I plan on reporting them to the state and to upper management.

Other Interview Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

2 phone screens, 1 sales assessment, 45 minute wait at interview before presenting a mock sales presentation to a panel of 2 managers, unprofessional, my questions were glossed over, AAA was mentioned regarding integrity and ethics. Bell dinged and I was told time to leave they had more candidates to interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did I make contributions to a team in a positive way   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in December 2010.

I was contacted by HR to set up an appointment for phone screening. I did not hear back from the HR rep until after I marched into the hiring manager's office and explained the situation. Then came the phone call from the HR rep with an apology for failing to inform me in advance. Re-scheduling the phone screening I finally got the phone call which went really well for about 30 mins and received a confirmation that I was to proceed to the next level in the hiring process. Not even being given an opportunity to interview with the hiring manager, I received an e-mail 2.5 weeks later saying that they are moving forward with other candidates! It was a good lesson for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in April 2010.

Since I was hired during a time when the sales force was rapidly increasing I didn't get the opportunity to have a interview with anyone. I did an intelligence and skills test, in a classroom setting that takes anywhere from 1-3 hours. After that I was called in to do a phone sales test and upon completion of that I was offered the job. The HR representative walked in with scissors and cut my hair as soon as I agreed to take the position. They have an on site drug testing lab.

Interview Questions
    • If I was open to working ocassional Saturdays   View Answer
    Every agent has the same base pay, which is set up as a draw. There was no room for negotiations.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in June 2010.

Took a long time between one contact and the next

no negotiation