American Automobile Association (AAA)

www.aaa.com
  www.aaa.com

American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.8

Travel Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in December 2014.

Standard interview...no trick questions. Explained job, training, timeframes, benefits, vacation. Accrual. End result was that they would set up a 1 to 1 I interview with the hiring manager.

No negotiation....base was set

Customer Advocate I Interview

i went through a temp agency. filled an application online and got a call two days later and was asked to come in and interview. very professional quick and easy. 3 hour test

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Started in Jan. 2012 and finally interviewed in April with a start date of May 5th. When I finally met with the Regional Director it took a full 13 minutes. The process was very dated. Had she interviewed me in 1972 it may have been appropriate or on the mark. I knew from inside info I would not have to deal with her directly so I just chalked it up to an "Institutional Manager". Always been there and cannot go anywhere else.

I supplied documentation of 3 years 6 with figure earnings and was told it was completely doable within 2 years.....

Marketing Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Had phone interview then 2 weeks later finally got called in for in office interview. Interview was relaxed with the normal questions you'd expect along with ones specifically about my history and the job description.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - all normal interview type questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in November 2014.

I applied online, then about 7 days later got an email asking me to fill out their assessment test, several days later I received a phone call to make an appointment to take a phone call preliminary interview with the AAA H.R. department. They called me slightly later than they said they would but I apparently passed the phone interview. Later that day the local office called to set up a face to face interview for the following Tuesday.

I arrived 15 minutes early and in business attire (even though those doing the CSR job were quite casual, I saw some ladies wearing house slippers) and they eventually came out to the lobby to get me.

They sat me down with a CSR worker for 1 hour and I watched her do her job. There is absolutely NOTHING difficult about this job. If you can talk and navigate through a couple screens and or programs on a computer and have the demeanor to try to help people then you CAN do this job.

After the hour was up they pulled me into a cubicle for the face to face interview. Asked the usual behavioral questions and want you to be specific, "tell us about a time with an upset customer that you dealt with", tell us why you wish to work for AAA etc.

I had come into the interview from a job that I'd been working for the past 23 years and at the end of the interview I knew I didn't get the job as the person told me something like "This job is totally different than what you've been doing", and "Well, we have a couple more people to interview, so the recruiting agent will be contacting you in the next 2 days or so".

2 or 3 days later I got the rejection notice saying I wasn't chosen.

Personally, I think the face to face interviewer couldn't see how my previous job of 23 years might have connected well with the duties that the CSR position needs.

Travel Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in November 2014.

The process took 3 weeks, I applied online and did a long assessment. I received a call within a week for a phone interview. Simple questions about my background. Next step is a face to face interview at a AAA office, with two managers. I received the offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    • How would you identify the right holiday for a client ?   Answer Question

Auto Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Applied online was contacted a week later by HR was given a phone interview which I passed set up in person interview for following Monday. Met with head of HR was informed they thought I was more of a fit for Auto Travel Counselor rather than position of travel agent I had applied for. Which I was OK with, since I was advised if they found I was good at that position I could move on after time, to travel agent position. I was then interviewed a second time by someone else in HR. Then was interviewed by Assistant Manager at the branch office I would be working in, had to drive from HR building to branch office, but that was Ok only 5 minute drive. I was informed that branch manager was on vacation, and has final say. All interviewers were very nice extremely personable. I was made to feel very comfortable. All explained the job requirements and expectations and answered any questions I had. Was told they would contact me when they were done interviewing. Received a call the following Monday from head of HR stating all department heads I met with were extremely pleased with me, and the branch manager would be back on Thursday and they would like to set up a meeting between her and I. Was advised I would be called following week with time for final interview. I do not know if I will be offered a position yet, but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed the interview process. I was treated very well, and was most impressed how HR kept in touch with me with updates, and setting everything up. Too often people apply for jobs, are told they will be in contact, and are left in limbo until they realize they are not going to be called. Not the case with AAA Garden City. Very impressed.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone I interviewed with asked basic questions, regarding experience, why do you want to work with AAA, and where do you want to be. Very Easy   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in October 2014.

The interview process is a never ending process because they only hire part time. 40+ hours are almost always available however unless you know someone you're never going to be a "full time" employee who gets to enjoy the benefits that come with being a "full time" employee.

There are many employees that have been chasing a full time position here for as many as 5 and 10 years only to be passed over by nepotism.

Hard work loyalty and dedication are not rewarded.

Policy Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in October 2014.

Applied online and received and assessment and passed the assessment. Received a call for a telephone interview and passed that. Was then told to come to a motel for a role play interview. Wasnt in the role play interview for ten minutes before some lady came and told me i wasnt fit for the policy service specialist and for me to go online and apply for another job and the recruiter will pull my resume and call me to go to go into the office for an interview. Havent heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question. It was all role play. The interviewer was acting like he was a customer.   View Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I had an series of phone interviews and also an simulated call situation. I passed all three and I finally had the face to face interview. It was in an small conference room, which still had not been cleaned from the last time it was occupied. The interview started with an series of what the position is like and the environment. The questions finally began. It was all on a few pieces of paper, more like an questionaire. Very little eye contact from the interviewer, I was shocked. I have been on alot of big corporate interviews and this was disappointing. The questions were the same questions I was asked over the phone. Describe an escalated call . How did you handle it? Describe how you went above and beyond on your previous job? I passed the first interview and the next interview was the manager of the call center. Sge asked the exact same questions from the first interviewer. I gave the same response. She was very arrogant and asked me did I upsell in my previous jobs. I knew there she was not satisfied with my responses and I knew I did not get offered the job. Too bad, I keep seeing that the company is still looking for reps. They need to have an human resources associate start interviews. This company is not screening properly. Honestly I am glad I was not offered the position. Just from the mannerisms. This is one place where my customer service skills would be stippened. I pride myself on my skills. Good luck to future candidates.