American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

I applied and got an interview the following week, after passing an online assessment which took about an hour. The interview was at their office with 2 managers, going through various scenarios and asking how you would respond. They explained more about the position and were very warm and welcoming. Positive experience overall. They said I would be hearing back within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you exceeded what was expected of you by an employer or customer.   Answer Question

Business and Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

1. Typical phone interview with the HR 2. If they do call you back you will meet with a manager(s) or a VP depending on their schedule that day 3. after couple days they would give you a call on the result 4. if yes, intensive background checks and drug test are required

Policy Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Irving, TX).

Interview

I attended an open job fair held by AAA (they were only employer); I was given a short 10 min interview immediately by an HR rep at the job fair (only some job fair attendees were interview there); I was called a few days later and asked to come in for a skills test (involved basic typing, then a decision-making, problem-solving, and multi-tasking test) - the testing lasted about 1 hr. - I was then asked to interview with 2 managers (at the same time) - the interview lasted about 35-45 mins.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about my resume and past experience, why I thought I would like to work at AAA, why I thought I would like to work in the insurance industry. They explained that AAA is a rather conservative company with dress code (even for call center employees - at the time the still required men to wear business shirt and tie; women could were slacks, dress or skirts - NO jeans, NO t-shirts, NO polo shirts except ones with AAA logo (on Mondays), NO capris, NO sandals) - they wanted to know if I could and would be compliant with a conservative office atmosphere and if I felt I could be comfortable there; explained schedule/hours/days required and asked if I would be able to work the schedule presented (the schedule actual changed within a few weeks of being hired from working M-F until 8pm to working every other Saturday with a random weekday off the week you worked on Saturday and hours were extended to 9pm - this was changed before I even finished training and my entire training class was told we would have to work the new schedule or we would not be kept on as an employee)   Answer Question

Negotiation

average, they told me what salary and benefits they were offering, I accepted offer as presented

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online. About two weeks later, I was called to schedule an interview. Lady was very nice, and pleasant. Made me feel very comfortable speaking with her. She said she would hand over her interview questioner over to branch manager. I was contacted by him for a follow up interview about the shift, the expectations, training requirements and such. He then told me I would be emailed an assessment to do online. I got the email the next day, completed it, and contacted the branch manager again to confirm my completion of the assessment....he said he already received it. That a HR rep would be in contact with me. Don't know how well I did, for they never indicated whether or not I passed or not. Hope to hear from them sometime soon. Job and hours sound perfect for me right now. Haven't been offered job yet! Still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Typical "How would you handle a difficult customer....or coworker"   Answer Question
    • Has anyone ever asked you to do something unethical? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Simple. Traditional behavioral questions. Arrived to AAA on employee referral day. Escorted into HR along with 3 other individuals. We were all taken into a conference room and given a brief break down of the job requirements, hiring process (i.e hair sample drug test, background check, computerized testing)

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you used your better judgement to resolve a difficult situation with a client   Answer Question

I was offered a higher paying position within another company

Direct Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Costa Mesa, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had an appointment for an interview. When I got there they had five other people waiting for the same appointment time. We all sat their waiting over an hour after the interview appointment, while the HR staff and sales managers joked and giggled in their cubicles. Then we were all herded into a conference room and given a "Brief Overview" we were all basically treated as though they had plenty of people interested in their job – “another group later that day”. They had two managers interview one person at a time. They were all very young and very unprofessional sales managers. They asked questions from a thick packet of physiological questions. We were all told we would be called by the end of the day. No call. A week later I received an email. At which point I had already moved on and decided there was no way I would consider working with such rude, disrespectful and unprofessional people. If so many people really want to work there AAA might want to train their sales managers and human resources department how to treat people, how to be on time for an appointment and how to do what you say, when you say.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions from a thick packet of physiological questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

Let me begin by saying I've interviewed for this position several times, and have progressed through many different stages of the process, including the final one on multiple occasions. This company has no idea how to intelligently assess a person's capabilities. It begins with an online skill exam. It's not hard but there’s a time limit that runs out before you can finish. I've passed it every time with a high score. (I know because one recruiter told me during our screening) Note also, each individual exam won't expire for 6 months, meaning you don't have to take the same tests over as you continue to apply like I have. If you pass. there’s a phone screen. It’s mostly situation based questions with a few more personal questions, this is the only pleasant part of the process; recruiters I've screened with have been nice. Depending on the recruiter or office, you come in for an interview with the recruiter, the hiring manager, an entire panel, a group-like interview, or go to a hiring fair. I've done all of these. At this final stage, they only ask you situation based questions. Pick a story about your previous work experience, or make one up. It has to be entertaining but demonstrate ability to be the perfect claim rep. It's the S.T.A.R. behavioral based interview method. Anyone who's been on the job hunt for a while is more than familiar with it. You won't get chances to share research you've done, or interests with the company. There is no opportunity to share goals, career aspirations, or opinions.No open ended questions or convo allowing you to express yourself and stand out. It is a storytelling contest. They believe everything they need to know about what you can bring to the company in terms of skill and culture, can be summed up by your ability to recall the events of how you handled a prior work experience. If John Doe is also interviewing but his story includes a great white shark or Gawd knows what and they like it better, it literally doesn't matter that you have years of intense customer service experience, that you received a very high score on the test, or that you have terrific references. It all ends with this method for them. The "hiring fair". They gathered handfuls of managers from different branches and invited 30 or so candidates to their LA location (on the day USC graduated, thanks a lot) There were tables of food and everyone wore name tags (except me because the recruiter forgot after personally inviting me to the fair when we had our face to face interview a week earlier lol, I'm not making this up). It begins with an hour long presentation of the company & the job. This is ridiculous to me; at the final stage of the interview, not only should qualified candidates know the essentials, but they shouldn't be forced to endure an HR intro-to-the-company presentation if they don't have the job yet. This was my 4th time making this phase of consideration, I already knew all there was to know. Yet, I had to sit there in my suit sweating as they stared at me watching this redundantly useless power point while joking with each other between slides. It's not like they asked us any questions concerning the presentation. This entire process was clearly for the employees. No candidates were happily hanging around the tables enjoying food and coffee. Again, if they made it to this final step in the process, I'm sure they were prepared and already drank their coffee and made sure to have eaten. Who wants to go to a job interview and load up on free food? The future of our lives is at stake, but I'm sure the AAA reps all enjoyed the sandwiches. This wasn't a networking event, it was literally the final phase of the interview. It felt like a way for the employees to slack off on an otherwise hardworking day to eat and drink while thinking they looked professional. We went on to "roll play" with a manager, then interview with 2 others. The final manager that interviewed me said he was tired and ready to go. We had a casual convo about my experience & personal skills, he told me he was exhausted from watching candidates try to answer behavioral questions and just wanted to get to know people. HA! I'm not joking. At least this guy was on the level. Info on the "roll play"-They play a caller and you play the claim rep. If you're an actor, this won’t be an issue. Otherwise, know that they are evaluating what they think is your soft people skills, but in reality you are acting, you aren’t handling a claim. They want to see you show genuine concern for their members, even though this roll play is literally the opposite of genuine. It is fake. It is an acting competition, that is not predicated on genuine skills, talent, morals, or integrity. I did all the things like thanking them for continued membership with AAA, introducing myself, never saying "no" but offering other solutions, asking them if there was anything else needed. You name it, I said it.

Interview Questions

• They only ask for situation behavior examples from previous work experience. If you don't have a good story, or they don't like your story, or someone else has a better story, you won't get the job. They would rather evaluate everything you represent, offer, and aspire to be in the form of a few "tell me a time when..." questions.   3 Answers

Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying via the company website, I received a call from a recruiter wanting to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview ( 2 days later) the recruiter asked me basically why I was interested in AAA and gave an overview of the position. A day later I was called to set a time for a test and a face to face interview. The test took about an hour and the interview was with two managers with just basic interview questions. I was offered a position the next day. This process took two weeks total.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Dearborn, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Normal question what you did in problem situation. General questions are asked for all ers representatives. Must have general knowledge of company. Always dress to empress. I interviewed with one person. Interviewer will ask you about your resume so be sure to have it fresh in your mind. It is an STAR interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer calls back, and help hasn't arrived   Answer Question

Specialist, Dispatch Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone screen, asked what hours was I available and can I work weekends, only asked 7 questions, scenarios based. Two days later was offered a Second interview, in person, 18 scenario questions. After the interview, interviewer showed me around and let me sit with beside a dispatcher to "get a feel" of what the position consist of, Interviewer says If interested. I should receive feedback within a week. Overall, this interview process has only been a week.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are not ones you would "Google", just be yourself and answer from experience, a lot of customer service based questions. "Name a time when..." "What would you if.." "Can you tell me an example of when..." Some questions I remember: "What does "the customer is always right mean to you?" "What type of personalities are hard for you to work with?" "Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer" "Describe a time when you left your customer a memorable experience" "Does it bother you to receive help from others?" "Describe a time when you had to admit you were wrong" "How do you deal with a customer that thinks what they are saying is right but you know they're wrong?" "Why do you think it's important to be pleasant with customers" "Name three ways that you have succeeded being in customer service" "How would you deal with a customer that has a language barrier?" "Give an example of how you worked as a team with your co-workers to solve an issue" These are just some examples of what they ask, doesn't necessarily mean you'll receive the same questions, as I have heard a variety of different ones.   Answer Question