American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

The first is a phone screening to make sure you fit the role. Once you pass that, you are called in for a face to face with your manager. If that goes well, you next meet with 2 other managers from the team. This usually means you got the job so stay calm and nothing too crazy.

Interview Questions
    They dont pay all that great but its a good company. You may be able to squeeze a signing bonus out of them.

Innovation Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

This comment is for the AAA Club Partners division of AAA.

Process took ~ 4 weeks. Started off w/convo w/recruiter. Screening went well, as it lead to a convo w/the hiring mgr. Hiring mgr convo was good, he liked my energy, my frankness, and that I had worked w/technology companies where change was common, which it was not in this environment. He even indicated that no one he's screened has all of the qualifications, but that I rated well. In terms of next steps, was told to give it ~ 2 weeks before following-up, unless they contacted me first.

So, I waited. To the day, reached out to the recruiter, who responded that the hiring mgr was still screening candidates, and to follow-up end of week. And I did, and was then informed by recruiter that the hiring mgr was in the final stages w/2 candidates.

I responded to the recruiter that had I known earlier that the hiring mgr was this far along w/other candidates, I would have appreciated a follow-up vs. having me wait for 2 weeks to follow-up. Never got a response to my comment.

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

The application and interviewing process is a nightmare. The website is extremely poor and you cannot contact anyone in HR. The process is very disorganized and I wonder if AAA can hire "A" candidates

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to lead this organization?   View Answer

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

I got a phone call on a Friday on my way to Spring Break Vacation. Since I was going to be away for a week she gave me some tests to take over the weekend. Once I took the tests she called by the next Tuesday to set up an interview. I had my interview the Wednesday I got back from SB Vacation. I went to the office and first took a typing test before I could proceed with the interview process (need to be able to type 30 wpm). Once I passed that I was interviewed by two people and was asked behavioral questions for about 20 minutes. Then I was given a scenario of a customer call and how I would respond to the call. Once I finished that two hiring managers came in and asked me a couple of behavioral questions then asked gave me another scenario of a car accident and asked my opinion of the scenario. The interview was done after that. Less than an hour later I got a call with a job offer. The interview process is formal but they do an excellent job making you feel as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how you handled it.   View Answer
    I have not formally accepted yet because I told them I wanted to finish my interview process with another company. Naturally they asked about the other company I am interviewing with and about salary and benefits. I do not know if that means there is room to negotiate. The salary and benefits are good though. The only problem I have had is that the recruiter has told me that I will be paid less than what the men in the interview told me.

Call Center Interview

They ask you questions that you have to give them actually story that you experience like tell me a situation where you had to make a deadline and how did u accomplished it

Interview Questions
    • What are your strenghts tell me a situation when u had a deadline you had to meet and how did u accomplish it   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

2 phone screens, 1 sales assessment, 45 minute wait at interview before presenting a mock sales presentation to a panel of 2 managers, unprofessional, my questions were glossed over, AAA was mentioned regarding integrity and ethics. Bell dinged and I was told time to leave they had more candidates to interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did I make contributions to a team in a positive way   Answer Question

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wake Forest, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Was forgotten for weeks until I personally followed up with Manager. Was then put on hold for the weekend with no communication until I went in for interview. After I was hired, there was no communication about training unless I asked.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Told everyone works for the company because they enjoy travel, not the money. AAA is a Non-Profit organization so they run thin.

Customer Service Representative (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in June 2014.

I was called on 6/17 for a phone interview and scheduled my 1:1 interview for the following day, the next day I received a phone call for a final phone interview and the following Monday I was called back for an offer contingent on passing the background, drug, and criminal check. Everyone was extremely nice. They do a background check through a company called HireRight, they verify work as usual and highest form of completed education (I'm currently in college as a premed student, I was home schooled during high school) and HireRight wanted me to send in every piece of documentation from my home schooling years - I could understand if I claimed that was my only education but I am in college receiving federal loans, if the state could verify it then certainly HireRight could get that information on their own. Also, they check for speeding tickets... for a call center position. Which was a little odd to me. The drug test consisted of cutting out a piece of hair (not just a few strands, a good sized lock of hair) to test 10 years back. Luckily for me I didn't experiment as a teenager! I work for a financial company dealing with thousands of dollars a day and they were not as nutty as AAA about tedious things. I initially accepted the offer, but after dealing with HIreRight I declined the position simply because I was tired of having to fetch everything for them- so I told HireRight to stick it, I"m not going to jump through hoops and do their job so I can get paid $13 an hour. Sorry.

Interview Questions

The Irving call center location hires EVERY SINGLE MONTH and the call center is a small call center. Literally they have their training class every month for new hires - I was supposed to start July 2nd but they had one scheduled for July 28th as well and I didn't quite understand why this was. Were they expecting to lose people? This quickly told me that there is a high turn over, I spoke with an old neighbor who was hired by AAA in 2012 and was let go 2 months later because "they hired too many people." It might seem like a cover story but seeing as how often they hire, it doesn't seem far off. I also didn't like that the only measure of performance is whether or not you pass customer feedback surveys with an 85%- if the customer declines to rate service or the customer rates it as "good" instead of "very good" it doesn't count and you fail which counts against you. Also, their benefits aren't that great.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in November 2013.

I went to an open house seminar about the position. Those of whom were interested had a one on one meeting with a manager that very day. They then called back the qualified candidates for a formal one one one interview with a manager. Then HR would contact you in the following week to let you know if you would accept the position and go over the details of pay and benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions if not all are questions you would expect at an interview. There wasn't a particular question that caught me off guard and felt prepared answering all the questions.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase with salary, everyone in that same position gets the same pay.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in January 2011.

Was called in for interview, went to interview, was lied to about job description, took and passed drug test, went back to current job, hiring manager was extremely pushy about having me start and wouldn't allow me to fulfill a two week notice with current job and had to quit abruptly.

Interview Questions
    I attempted and was told I could easily make the money I wanted which was a lie.

Worked for American Automobile Association (AAA)? Contribute to the Community!