American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.8

Analyst Interview

The first is a phone screening to make sure you fit the role. Once you pass that, you are called in for a face to face with your manager. If that goes well, you next meet with 2 other managers from the team. This usually means you got the job so stay calm and nothing too crazy.

Interview Questions
    They dont pay all that great but its a good company. You may be able to squeeze a signing bonus out of them.

Innovation Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

This comment is for the AAA Club Partners division of AAA.

Process took ~ 4 weeks. Started off w/convo w/recruiter. Screening went well, as it lead to a convo w/the hiring mgr. Hiring mgr convo was good, he liked my energy, my frankness, and that I had worked w/technology companies where change was common, which it was not in this environment. He even indicated that no one he's screened has all of the qualifications, but that I rated well. In terms of next steps, was told to give it ~ 2 weeks before following-up, unless they contacted me first.

So, I waited. To the day, reached out to the recruiter, who responded that the hiring mgr was still screening candidates, and to follow-up end of week. And I did, and was then informed by recruiter that the hiring mgr was in the final stages w/2 candidates.

I responded to the recruiter that had I known earlier that the hiring mgr was this far along w/other candidates, I would have appreciated a follow-up vs. having me wait for 2 weeks to follow-up. Never got a response to my comment.

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

The application and interviewing process is a nightmare. The website is extremely poor and you cannot contact anyone in HR. The process is very disorganized and I wonder if AAA can hire "A" candidates

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to lead this organization?   View Answer

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

I got a phone call on a Friday on my way to Spring Break Vacation. Since I was going to be away for a week she gave me some tests to take over the weekend. Once I took the tests she called by the next Tuesday to set up an interview. I had my interview the Wednesday I got back from SB Vacation. I went to the office and first took a typing test before I could proceed with the interview process (need to be able to type 30 wpm). Once I passed that I was interviewed by two people and was asked behavioral questions for about 20 minutes. Then I was given a scenario of a customer call and how I would respond to the call. Once I finished that two hiring managers came in and asked me a couple of behavioral questions then asked gave me another scenario of a car accident and asked my opinion of the scenario. The interview was done after that. Less than an hour later I got a call with a job offer. The interview process is formal but they do an excellent job making you feel as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how you handled it.   View Answer
    I have not formally accepted yet because I told them I wanted to finish my interview process with another company. Naturally they asked about the other company I am interviewing with and about salary and benefits. I do not know if that means there is room to negotiate. The salary and benefits are good though. The only problem I have had is that the recruiter has told me that I will be paid less than what the men in the interview told me.

Call Center Interview

They ask you questions that you have to give them actually story that you experience like tell me a situation where you had to make a deadline and how did u accomplished it

Interview Questions
    • What are your strenghts tell me a situation when u had a deadline you had to meet and how did u accomplish it   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate

Customer Advocate I Interview

i went through a temp agency. filled an application online and got a call two days later and was asked to come in and interview. very professional quick and easy. 3 hour test

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Started in Jan. 2012 and finally interviewed in April with a start date of May 5th. When I finally met with the Regional Director it took a full 13 minutes. The process was very dated. Had she interviewed me in 1972 it may have been appropriate or on the mark. I knew from inside info I would not have to deal with her directly so I just chalked it up to an "Institutional Manager". Always been there and cannot go anywhere else.

I supplied documentation of 3 years 6 with figure earnings and was told it was completely doable within 2 years.....

Membership Sales Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in January 2014.

the process for the interview was quick and easy phone interview assesment and interview with sup took two test they send you for the drug test and let you know when you start

Interview Questions
    • no difficulties interview was quick and found out i was hired before i walked out the room   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in May 2014.

Please beware he "bait and switch". If they like you in the initial interview they will pitch you that FT is 30 hrs/wk and you work when you want. By the 3rd interview you are told the truth-you will be expected to stay to close every day and work much closer to 45+hrs a week. You will be told there is a base salary with commission, but really you will only get commission if you sell 20+ policies a month, and that is only a $400.00/month increase! Not too many brand new agents will be able to attain that goal, and the base salary is laughable even with the "bonus commission". I have no idea how they retain or even gain employees, but please make sure you find out the truth before wasting 2-3 months of your life trying to gain employment as a AAA Insurance Agent-it is a waste of your time.

Interview Questions
    • Being intentionally mislead and lied to point blank about what to expect from your "employment" AKA slave labor   Answer Question

They lied and mislead me. I wish I never stepped foot in that place. I plan on reporting them to the state and to upper management.

Claims Representative I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Received email from recruiter, took a very long online personality assessment test. Received email to come in corporate office to meet with recruiter. Interview was very easy, they basically explained what the job was, and asked basic questions relating to job. "Describe a time you had to deal with difficult customer...etc...

Interview Questions
    • How much do I currently get paid? I do not like answering this question in the interview as it can put you at disadvantage if they may have offered more money. In the end it was good, because she explained the job only paid a little more than my current job with no negotiation. In the end, I decided it was not the job for me.   Answer Question

Not enough $