American Automobile Association (AAA)
www.aaa.com Heathrow, FL 500 to 999 Employees

Very Easy Interview

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent
Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in November 2013.

Interview Details – I went to an open house seminar about the position. Those of whom were interested had a one on one meeting with a manager that very day. They then called back the qualified candidates for a formal one one one interview with a manager. Then HR would contact you in the following week to let you know if you would accept the position and go over the details of pay and benefits.

Interview Question – Most of the questions if not all are questions you would expect at an interview. There wasn't a particular question that caught me off guard and felt prepared answering all the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase with salary, everyone in that same position gets the same pay.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative (Call Center) Interview

Customer Service Representative (Call Center)
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was called on 6/17 for a phone interview and scheduled my 1:1 interview for the following day, the next day I received a phone call for a final phone interview and the following Monday I was called back for an offer contingent on passing the background, drug, and criminal check. Everyone was extremely nice. They do a background check through a company called HireRight, they verify work as usual and highest form of completed education (I'm currently in college as a premed student, I was home schooled during high school) and HireRight wanted me to send in every piece of documentation from my home schooling years - I could understand if I claimed that was my only education but I am in college receiving federal loans, if the state could verify it then certainly HireRight could get that information on their own. Also, they check for speeding tickets... for a call center position. Which was a little odd to me. The drug test consisted of cutting out a piece of hair (not just a few strands, a good sized lock of hair) to test 10 years back. Luckily for me I didn't experiment as a teenager! I work for a financial company dealing with thousands of dollars a day and they were not as nutty as AAA about tedious things. I initially accepted the offer, but after dealing with HIreRight I declined the position simply because I was tired of having to fetch everything for them- so I told HireRight to stick it, I"m not going to jump through hoops and do their job so I can get paid $13 an hour. Sorry.

Interview Question – They were all standard, easy to answer questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The Irving call center location hires EVERY SINGLE MONTH and the call center is a small call center. Literally they have their training class every month for new hires - I was supposed to start July 2nd but they had one scheduled for July 28th as well and I didn't quite understand why this was. Were they expecting to lose people? This quickly told me that there is a high turn over, I spoke with an old neighbor who was hired by AAA in 2012 and was let go 2 months later because "they hired too many people." It might seem like a cover story but seeing as how often they hire, it doesn't seem far off. I also didn't like that the only measure of performance is whether or not you pass customer feedback surveys with an 85%- if the customer declines to rate service or the customer rates it as "good" instead of "very good" it doesn't count and you fail which counts against you. Also, their benefits aren't that great.

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in April 2014.

Interview Details – My application and assessment were completed online. I received a call within a week from HR to schedule an orientation and interview. My interview results were received within 2 business days by email.

Interview Question – Give three words that best describe yourself.   Answer Question

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Claims Service Adjuster
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in June 2014.

Interview Details – Everything was well planned. There was a virtual job tryout that merely requires you to pass - not with flying colors. This is a prerequisite to the interview. A women (talent acquirer) out of another state set up the interview with me. The interview itself was fair. The questions were pretty standard/expected.

Interview Question – There were no particularly difficult questions. If one is surprising to someone, it is merely because there are a bevy of ways to answer any one question. Choosing which way to do so might be somewhat confusing if one overthinks the process. Just choose one quickly and give an answer.   Answer Question

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was sent a computer based customer service test along with a personality test which are timed. If you pass, HR will call to do a basic phone interview. A week later was invited for an HR interview in person with about 6 other candidates, if you pass that you are invited to a job fair/presentation. Job fair consists of a role play, supervisor interview, and manager interview. I got through all the interviews but eventually passed on, received a call about 1 week later. If you are hired you should get a call within 2-3 days at the latest.

Interview Question – Customer wants to know if policy carries guaranteed replacement coverage. Customer has son on policy and wants to see if eligible for good student discount. Customer does not have rental car coverage, but you can offer a discounted rental. Answer what you would do in those situations.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in February 2010.

Interview Details – Was first called for a scheduled phone interview then was called back for face to face interview with three different people in one day then was ask to complete the background and drug test, that was the longest part because you have to wait for the results.

Interview Question – What do you think about this interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Automotive Repair Development Manager Interview

Automotive Repair Development Manager
Emeryville, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter from AAA. I got in towards the end of the process for them on this position. I did my initial interview, and subsequent interviews on the same day. In all I did 4 interviews with different people. It started with my would be direct managers that included a sales role play, two more with upper management and ended with an interview with the VP. I didn't get the job and was notified via email.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you weren't successful on a sales call   Answer Question

Claims Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details – Panel interview which was conducted after an initial presentation and a mix/mingle event. Everyone was so nice and because of this it gave every interviewee the opportunity to give their best without all of the nerves.

Interview Question – Scenario Questions   View Answer

Insurance Customer Service (Call Center) Interview

Insurance Customer Service (Call Center)
Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in May 2014.

Interview Details – Whole process took less than a month. After a week of submitting my applications, was scheduled for a phone interview for a week later. Wanted to know more about me and went straight to the questions.

Interview Question – What was your worst experience with customer service?   Answer Question

Business Analyst IT Interview

Business Analyst IT
Bellevue, WA

I applied online - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in April 2014.

Interview Details – first hr phone screening, 3 times onsite interview including hiring manager and other stakeholders.
All simple questions nothing specific. No matching question as written in the job description. Very lengthy procedure which ran over a month only for three onsite interviews.

Interview Question – what do you prefer agile or waterfall?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Worked for American Automobile Association (AAA)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Automobile Association (AAA) interview questions and advice. All 101 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Automobile Association (AAA) employees and interview candidates.