American Automobile Association (AAA)
www.aaa.com Heathrow, FL 500 to 999 Employees

American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Getting the Interview

90 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

PR Coordinator Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details – I was called for an interview about 2 weeks after I applied. Came in and met with their HR person, then met with 3 interviewers including the director on Skype. Asked basic background experience questions and skills.

Interview Question – Detail oriented or big picture person   Answer Question

Travel Interview

Providence, RI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in March 2009.

Interview Details – First submit resume for job opening. If the Human Relations department is interested they call you in for an interview. If they feel you qualify then you move to the next step. That step is to set up an interview with management. Assuming that interview goes well you are called back to address some questions they have given you to think about.

Interview Question – On the day of my HR interview the person I was scheduled with was out sick, so I was interviewed by a different HR person. Then I scheduled an interview with management. During that interview, which was going well, it came out in conversation that the HR person assigned to me had not actually interviewed me. The manager barked at me "and when were you going to tell me you had not been interviewed by the right person??!"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiating. Everything is spelled out in the company policies.

INSURANCE RETENTION SPECIALIST Interview

Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in July 2013.

Interview Details – Did phone interview with human resources: rec'vd skills and personality test same day a couple of hours after the interview. A week later rec'vd a call for second interview, still waiting to hear from human resource department and it has now been a month since the process first started.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision, how did you come to your conclusion and what was the outcome?...   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details – Applied online for the position Jun 5th. 3 weeks later on June 25th I received an e-mail asking if I was still interested in the position.

The next day I was sent an online assessment, the questions were not all that hard and was told I passed the assessment the next day.

Scheduled to have a face to face interview the next week. Drove to the location and talked to HR manager. Very easy questions and a review of the job description. Was told to come back for a 2nd interview in a week.

Showed up for 2nd interview with approximately 12 candidates. A short presentation by made by the company. We were taken into a mock customer claim situation. I did well and was walked back to continue the process. There were 4 candidates at this point. I was interviewed by another person and asked how I would handle stress/ a difficult situation/ my goals. I figured I did well.

A week later I received a phone call and an offer. I was offered more salary than I was expecting or was advertised. Offer was dependent on passing a background check and drug screen. (Hair Test)

Interview Question – If you suspect that the caller is lying to you and exploiting the system what do you do about it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was pleased with offer. No negotiation needed.

Insurance Service Representative Interview

San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details – Applied online, and the business manager called me the next day to set up a time where I could take the computer test before moving forward. I passed both then manager called again to set up a time to interview at their branch and also explained the position in more detail and what their training program looked like. Then I had an interview the following week with the business manager, a manger from another branch and the senior insurance service representative. They had a packet with my resume and infomation about me. The two mangagers went back and forth asking me situational questions based on my previous job. They wanted it to be very specific responses. They all wrote my answers down. The interview was not too bad. I was told they wanted to interview some more before making a decision and they would let me know in two weeks. Three days later got a call with an offer. Overall very positive experience. Process took two weeks.

Interview Question – Tell us a time where you working on a task and something took your attention away. How did you respond and handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

IT Supervisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details – Upon applying got a phone call from HR specialist within a week and had an over the phone interview. Was then called into office the following week to interview with IT Director. The next week had an interview with the CFO/VP of AAA Oregon/Idaho.

Interview Question – Were you able to stomach fast food once you left the restaurant you managed?   View Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details – Multiple interviews...first was a phone interview...basic questions...second was face to face...once again typical questions...third interview was another face to face...basically just a meet and greet...went for a personality and IQ test...

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Applied ERS (Emergency Roadside Service) Interview

Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied in July of 2012 was asked to take the online assessment, received an email saying I passed the test and would be contacted within 3 days after 5 days I didn't get a call so I call HR and he's sounds shocked to hear no ones contacted me so he tells me the day before they finished interviewing but that they'd still (PITY) interview me even tho the positions were filled I went in for a quick simple interview that same day.. I wasn't offered the position. Months later I applied again in March 2013 I passed the assessment test again then the next day got an email from HR saying he couldn't call me for an interview because he was pressed for time so he asked me to answer the following questions in the email which I did and about two days later he calls me and says the format wasn't acceptable because I sent it from my ipad so he asked me to resend it from a computer which I did and I didn't hear anything back...I check my email and there's the rejection email stating other candidates made the decision pool harder....mind you I met all the job requirements and have passed the phone interview when HR conducted the phone interview the correct way...over the phone. When he called me to tell me the format was wrong why couldn't he have done the phone interview right way. HR needs to be better second time starting the process to have it fall through

Interview Question – Not to difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Interview Details – The first is a phone screening to make sure you fit the role. Once you pass that, you are called in for a face to face with your manager. If that goes well, you next meet with 2 other managers from the team. This usually means you got the job so stay calm and nothing too crazy.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They dont pay all that great but its a good company. You may be able to squeeze a signing bonus out of them.

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Providence, RI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in April 2009.

Interview Details – I had two interviews at AAA. They brought me back for the second interview and showed me around the entire building. They even showed me where the cafeteria was. I met my boss' supervisor and spent an hour with her. By the end of the day I thought I had the position for sure. Five months later I received a letter stating I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – How do I feel about reporting to a woman.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Automobile Association (AAA)