American Automobile Association (AAA)

www.aaa.com
  www.aaa.com

American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.9

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in March 2014.

Call from recruiter about job opportunity. Then there was a freeze for 3 weeks and no activity. Recruiter calls back and says they are still hiring (probably someone didn't work out). Setup a phone interview with hiring manager. He rambled on about the company, also about how he's trying to change things.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest decision you have ever made?   View Answer
    • Name two of the most influential persons in your life?   View Answer

Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied online – interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

I sent my resume and I was contacted to take an online test after that I completed a phone interview. One week late I had a Face-To-Face Interview. I did not get hired.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

2 phone screens, 1 sales assessment, 45 minute wait at interview before presenting a mock sales presentation to a panel of 2 managers, unprofessional, my questions were glossed over, AAA was mentioned regarding integrity and ethics. Bell dinged and I was told time to leave they had more candidates to interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did I make contributions to a team in a positive way   Answer Question

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Was forgotten for weeks until I personally followed up with Manager. Was then put on hold for the weekend with no communication until I went in for interview. After I was hired, there was no communication about training unless I asked.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Told everyone works for the company because they enjoy travel, not the money. AAA is a Non-Profit organization so they run thin.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

walk in talk to manager, he tells you you can move up and there is all their oppurtunity that doesnt exist and its done do a background check and pee test and your done. They need slaves to do their bidding its ok but nothing awesome i cant wait to find a better job qould love this job if it paid me for my none stop work

ERS Customer Advocate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in February 2014.

I applied online, call a HR rep I had previously spoken with, and was asked to come in for the assessment the next day. Go there and it was 2 assessments. The first a paper one about maps and being able to give directions. The second was your basic computer call center assessment. Both of which I passed without a problem.

Interview Questions
    • The only issues I had with the situation, was we set a time to meet at 9:00am and the HR rep didn't show up until 9:30 am so that aggravated me slightly   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

The application and interviewing process is a nightmare. The website is extremely poor and you cannot contact anyone in HR. The process is very disorganized and I wonder if AAA can hire "A" candidates

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to lead this organization?   View Answer

Innovation Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

This comment is for the AAA Club Partners division of AAA.

Process took ~ 4 weeks. Started off w/convo w/recruiter. Screening went well, as it lead to a convo w/the hiring mgr. Hiring mgr convo was good, he liked my energy, my frankness, and that I had worked w/technology companies where change was common, which it was not in this environment. He even indicated that no one he's screened has all of the qualifications, but that I rated well. In terms of next steps, was told to give it ~ 2 weeks before following-up, unless they contacted me first.

So, I waited. To the day, reached out to the recruiter, who responded that the hiring mgr was still screening candidates, and to follow-up end of week. And I did, and was then informed by recruiter that the hiring mgr was in the final stages w/2 candidates.

I responded to the recruiter that had I known earlier that the hiring mgr was this far along w/other candidates, I would have appreciated a follow-up vs. having me wait for 2 weeks to follow-up. Never got a response to my comment.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in November 2013.

I went to an open house seminar about the position. Those of whom were interested had a one on one meeting with a manager that very day. They then called back the qualified candidates for a formal one one one interview with a manager. Then HR would contact you in the following week to let you know if you would accept the position and go over the details of pay and benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions if not all are questions you would expect at an interview. There wasn't a particular question that caught me off guard and felt prepared answering all the questions.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase with salary, everyone in that same position gets the same pay.

Claims Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Plan too be there for at least 2 hours. Begins with panel interview of 3 people. First you go over your education and work history. Then about 10 behavioral questions. Then they give you packet to study to prepare for role play. They are really big on customer service. Finally you are given written exercise.