American Automobile Association (AAA)

www.aaa.com

American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Average Difficulty
102 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Innovation Program Manager Interview

Innovation Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details – This comment is for the AAA Club Partners division of AAA.

Process took ~ 4 weeks. Started off w/convo w/recruiter. Screening went well, as it lead to a convo w/the hiring mgr. Hiring mgr convo was good, he liked my energy, my frankness, and that I had worked w/technology companies where change was common, which it was not in this environment. He even indicated that no one he's screened has all of the qualifications, but that I rated well. In terms of next steps, was told to give it ~ 2 weeks before following-up, unless they contacted me first.

So, I waited. To the day, reached out to the recruiter, who responded that the hiring mgr was still screening candidates, and to follow-up end of week. And I did, and was then informed by recruiter that the hiring mgr was in the final stages w/2 candidates.

I responded to the recruiter that had I known earlier that the hiring mgr was this far along w/other candidates, I would have appreciated a follow-up vs. having me wait for 2 weeks to follow-up. Never got a response to my comment.

Interview Question – How familiar are you with critical pathing?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details – Plan too be there for at least 2 hours. Begins with panel interview of 3 people. First you go over your education and work history. Then about 10 behavioral questions. Then they give you packet to study to prepare for role play. They are really big on customer service. Finally you are given written exercise.

Interview Question – Everyone was really nice. No hard questions.   Answer Question

PR Coordinator Interview

PR Coordinator

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details – I was called for an interview about 2 weeks after I applied. Came in and met with their HR person, then met with 3 interviewers including the director on Skype. Asked basic background experience questions and skills.

Interview Question – Detail oriented or big picture person   Answer Question

Travel Interview

Travel
Providence, RI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in March 2009.

Interview Details – First submit resume for job opening. If the Human Relations department is interested they call you in for an interview. If they feel you qualify then you move to the next step. That step is to set up an interview with management. Assuming that interview goes well you are called back to address some questions they have given you to think about.

Interview Question – On the day of my HR interview the person I was scheduled with was out sick, so I was interviewed by a different HR person. Then I scheduled an interview with management. During that interview, which was going well, it came out in conversation that the HR person assigned to me had not actually interviewed me. The manager barked at me "and when were you going to tell me you had not been interviewed by the right person??!"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiating. Everything is spelled out in the company policies.

INSURANCE RETENTION SPECIALIST Interview

INSURANCE RETENTION SPECIALIST
Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in July 2013.

Interview Details – Did phone interview with human resources: rec'vd skills and personality test same day a couple of hours after the interview. A week later rec'vd a call for second interview, still waiting to hear from human resource department and it has now been a month since the process first started.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision, how did you come to your conclusion and what was the outcome?...   View Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details – Applied online for the position Jun 5th. 3 weeks later on June 25th I received an e-mail asking if I was still interested in the position.

The next day I was sent an online assessment, the questions were not all that hard and was told I passed the assessment the next day.

Scheduled to have a face to face interview the next week. Drove to the location and talked to HR manager. Very easy questions and a review of the job description. Was told to come back for a 2nd interview in a week.

Showed up for 2nd interview with approximately 12 candidates. A short presentation by made by the company. We were taken into a mock customer claim situation. I did well and was walked back to continue the process. There were 4 candidates at this point. I was interviewed by another person and asked how I would handle stress/ a difficult situation/ my goals. I figured I did well.

A week later I received a phone call and an offer. I was offered more salary than I was expecting or was advertised. Offer was dependent on passing a background check and drug screen. (Hair Test)

Interview Question – If you suspect that the caller is lying to you and exploiting the system what do you do about it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was pleased with offer. No negotiation needed.

Insurance Service Representative Interview

Insurance Service Representative
San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details – Applied online, and the business manager called me the next day to set up a time where I could take the computer test before moving forward. I passed both then manager called again to set up a time to interview at their branch and also explained the position in more detail and what their training program looked like. Then I had an interview the following week with the business manager, a manger from another branch and the senior insurance service representative. They had a packet with my resume and infomation about me. The two mangagers went back and forth asking me situational questions based on my previous job. They wanted it to be very specific responses. They all wrote my answers down. The interview was not too bad. I was told they wanted to interview some more before making a decision and they would let me know in two weeks. Three days later got a call with an offer. Overall very positive experience. Process took two weeks.

Interview Question – Tell us a time where you working on a task and something took your attention away. How did you respond and handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

IT Supervisor Interview

IT Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details – Upon applying got a phone call from HR specialist within a week and had an over the phone interview. Was then called into office the following week to interview with IT Director. The next week had an interview with the CFO/VP of AAA Oregon/Idaho.

Interview Question – Were you able to stomach fast food once you left the restaurant you managed?   View Answer

Applied ERS (Emergency Roadside Service) Interview

Applied ERS (Emergency Roadside Service)
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied in July of 2012 was asked to take the online assessment, received an email saying I passed the test and would be contacted within 3 days after 5 days I didn't get a call so I call HR and he's sounds shocked to hear no ones contacted me so he tells me the day before they finished interviewing but that they'd still (PITY) interview me even tho the positions were filled I went in for a quick simple interview that same day.. I wasn't offered the position. Months later I applied again in March 2013 I passed the assessment test again then the next day got an email from HR saying he couldn't call me for an interview because he was pressed for time so he asked me to answer the following questions in the email which I did and about two days later he calls me and says the format wasn't acceptable because I sent it from my ipad so he asked me to resend it from a computer which I did and I didn't hear anything back...I check my email and there's the rejection email stating other candidates made the decision pool harder....mind you I met all the job requirements and have passed the phone interview when HR conducted the phone interview the correct way...over the phone. When he called me to tell me the format was wrong why couldn't he have done the phone interview right way. HR needs to be better second time starting the process to have it fall through

Interview Question – Not to difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details – Multiple interviews...first was a phone interview...basic questions...second was face to face...once again typical questions...third interview was another face to face...basically just a meet and greet...went for a personality and IQ test...

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question