American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Irving, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called on 6/17 for a phone interview and scheduled my 1:1 interview for the following day, the next day I received a phone call for a final phone interview and the following Monday I was called back for an offer contingent on passing the background, drug, and criminal check. Everyone was extremely nice. They do a background check through a company called HireRight, they verify work as usual and highest form of completed education (I'm currently in college as a premed student, I was home schooled during high school) and HireRight wanted me to send in every piece of documentation from my home schooling years - I could understand if I claimed that was my only education but I am in college receiving federal loans, if the state could verify it then certainly HireRight could get that information on their own. Also, they check for speeding tickets... for a call center position. Which was a little odd to me. The drug test consisted of cutting out a piece of hair (not just a few strands, a good sized lock of hair) to test 10 years back. Luckily for me I didn't experiment as a teenager! I work for a financial company dealing with thousands of dollars a day and they were not as nutty as AAA about tedious things. I initially accepted the offer, but after dealing with HIreRight I declined the position simply because I was tired of having to fetch everything for them- so I told HireRight to stick it, I"m not going to jump through hoops and do their job so I can get paid $13 an hour. Sorry.

Interview Questions

The Irving call center location hires EVERY SINGLE MONTH and the call center is a small call center. Literally they have their training class every month for new hires - I was supposed to start July 2nd but they had one scheduled for July 28th as well and I didn't quite understand why this was. Were they expecting to lose people? This quickly told me that there is a high turn over, I spoke with an old neighbor who was hired by AAA in 2012 and was let go 2 months later because "they hired too many people." It might seem like a cover story but seeing as how often they hire, it doesn't seem far off. I also didn't like that the only measure of performance is whether or not you pass customer feedback surveys with an 85%- if the customer declines to rate service or the customer rates it as "good" instead of "very good" it doesn't count and you fail which counts against you. Also, their benefits aren't that great.

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2014.

Interview

Everything was well planned. There was a virtual job tryout that merely requires you to pass - not with flying colors. This is a prerequisite to the interview. A women (talent acquirer) out of another state set up the interview with me. The interview itself was fair. The questions were pretty standard/expected.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly difficult questions. If one is surprising to someone, it is merely because there are a bevy of ways to answer any one question. Choosing which way to do so might be somewhat confusing if one overthinks the process. Just choose one quickly and give an answer.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

Panel interview which was conducted after an initial presentation and a mix/mingle event. Everyone was so nice and because of this it gave every interviewee the opportunity to give their best without all of the nerves.

Insurance Customer Service (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Whole process took less than a month. After a week of submitting my applications, was scheduled for a phone interview for a week later. Wanted to know more about me and went straight to the questions.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was sent a computer based customer service test along with a personality test which are timed. If you pass, HR will call to do a basic phone interview. A week later was invited for an HR interview in person with about 6 other candidates, if you pass that you are invited to a job fair/presentation. Job fair consists of a role play, supervisor interview, and manager interview. I got through all the interviews but eventually passed on, received a call about 1 week later. If you are hired you should get a call within 2-3 days at the latest.

Interview Questions

• Customer wants to know if policy carries guaranteed replacement coverage. Customer has son on policy and wants to see if eligible for good student discount. Customer does not have rental car coverage, but you can offer a discounted rental. Answer what you would do in those situations.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Please beware he "bait and switch". If they like you in the initial interview they will pitch you that FT is 30 hrs/wk and you work when you want. By the 3rd interview you are told the truth-you will be expected to stay to close every day and work much closer to 45+hrs a week. You will be told there is a base salary with commission, but really you will only get commission if you sell 20+ policies a month, and that is only a $400.00/month increase! Not too many brand new agents will be able to attain that goal, and the base salary is laughable even with the "bonus commission". I have no idea how they retain or even gain employees, but please make sure you find out the truth before wasting 2-3 months of your life trying to gain employment as a AAA Insurance Agent-it is a waste of your time.

Interview Questions

• Being intentionally mislead and lied to point blank about what to expect from your "employment" AKA slave labor   Answer Question

They lied and mislead me. I wish I never stepped foot in that place. I plan on reporting them to the state and to upper management.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Had a very short phone interview, during which I felt I was being condescended to. An hour or so after I was called to schedule an appointment for a face to face interview. As some of the previous posters mentioned, you will sit with an employee for a few minutes and listen to customer calls and how they are handled, after this you are called into an office for a one on one. The supervisor interviewing me seemed like a nice fellow, with the exception of the horrible questions he was asking (a bunch of nonsense questions asking about specific instances of various times in your past employment when you _______ ) after seeing what the job actually entailed it seemed ridiculous to have to answer any questions besides "Will you be able to stand how terribly boring and mindless this will be?"

Interview Questions

• Most of the basic interview questions just asked in a really annoying and antiseptic way, the kind of questions that a failed psychology student creates thinking it is an accurate judge of a human being.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

Very lengthy interview process. Was contacted in February for job that started May 3rd, the first process consisted of at least 25-30 people in a computer lab and when you pass that you will go through 1:1 interview. Maybe a week later they contact you to let you know that you've been hired.

Business Analyst IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Bellevue, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

first hr phone screening, 3 times onsite interview including hiring manager and other stakeholders.
    All simple questions nothing specific. No matching question as written in the job description. Very lengthy procedure which ran over a month only for three onsite interviews.

Automotive Repair Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Emeryville, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from AAA. I got in towards the end of the process for them on this position. I did my initial interview, and subsequent interviews on the same day. In all I did 4 interviews with different people. It started with my would be direct managers that included a sales role play, two more with upper management and ended with an interview with the VP. I didn't get the job and was notified via email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you weren't successful on a sales call   Answer Question