American Automobile Association (AAA)
www.aaa.com Heathrow, FL 500 to 999 Employees

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Louisville, KY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in January 2011.

Interview Details – Was called in for interview, went to interview, was lied to about job description, took and passed drug test, went back to current job, hiring manager was extremely pushy about having me start and wouldn't allow me to fulfill a two week notice with current job and had to quit abruptly.

Interview Question – There were none   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I attempted and was told I could easily make the money I wanted which was a lie.

Auto Claims Representative II Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in June 2011.

Interview Details – I initially received a phone call from the manager who was hiring asking me questions about my current position. She then scheduled an interview early the following week. I met with the hiring manager and her manager and the interview was relatively informal. We just spoke about aspects of the job and about claims handling experience in general. I was called two days later with an offer.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult work situation you handled, and it turned out badly?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer without negotiating. Looking back, I would at least attempt to negotiate--they needed an employee badly.

Supply Chain Interview

Dearborn, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was called by the company HR person and told the time and name of the hiring person. Less than 1 hiring later the departmental manager called me and asked could we meet 30 minutes later than the original interview time. At the point, I became concerned as to why was I deserving of a call from the departmental manager who was doing the hiring. I was not stupid he wanted to figure out the face behind the resume name.

Interview Question – What do you need to work on for self-improvment   View Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in December 2010.

Interview Details – Greeting at the very beginning. Then the interviewer breifly described what the interview would included.
Interview started:
Behavioral questions-
1. status (citizen, resident or international student)
2. eduation background
3. work experience, etc)
4. reason applying for the position
 Two open-ended questions. no right or wrong, like case questions which you may have during onsite interview.

Interview Question – Tell me something about 7-11 North California.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Portland, OR

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in August 2011.

Interview Details – I heard about this position from a friend who was contacted by the hiring manager. He was having a difficult time filling this position and so he sent out an email asking for anyone who know a qualified candidate to contact him. Initial interview was easy mostly asking about experience, daily routine and current projects. They also spend time answering my questions and telling me about the position, the work environment and how they handle the recruiting process.

Interview Question – What traits do you like in a manager.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Walnut Creek, CA

Interview Details – Was first contacted by an internal recruiter that left a voice mail requesting a time to speak. Took weeks to actually connect on the phone after several emails and phone messages. Emails would go unanswered for days. After connecting the recruiter was personable and the interview went great but it turned out the hiring manager wasn't interested. They've been looking for someone for the position for a while and I can only assume theirs an issue with the manager, usually is.

Interview Question – It was kind of strange but the recruiter asked if I've ever been convicted of a crime. Never had that asked over the phone for a professional position.   View Answer

Emergency Road Services Interview

Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in August 2011.

Interview Details – The initial interview was over the phone with their HR department. Nothing very difficult - mostly questions to determine if the candidate will be able to deal with the hours and mandatory training.
The next step was a skills test on your ability to spell and multi-task .The third step was a 1:1 interview. The interviewer went from a script and wrote the answers I gave down as I spoke. I got the feeling my answers were going to be reviewed by someone else at a later time so "My" answers were only as good as what she wrote down. Seemed like a very dour work environment. Was not a good fit for me so I'm glad I did not get it.

Member Travel Counselor Interview

Member Travel Counselor
Renton, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in June 2011.

Interview Details – I got 2 calls from different locations from the managers after calling them several times. It is easy to get ahold of the hiring manager, but they are rediculous. I applied 2 times to the same locations when they were hiring, and I couldn't get hired or an interview simply because of the commute of from where I lived. A 30 minute commute is apparently too far. After aboput 15 minutes of trying to persuade the manader that it didn't matter how far I lived, I would find a way of getting there and that should not be her main concern, I decided there were probably bigger problems I'd have with her in the future. NOT WORTH IT.

This position is underpaid anyways.

Interview Question – Don't you live on the east side? Isn't that too far of a commute? And wouldn't you want to transfer? That is why I am not going through with your application.   View Answer

Emergency Road Service Call Center Interview

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was called in based on my online application and invited to an on-site interview/testing process.

About fifteen of us arrived at the interview session. We were each given an application form - much longer and more detailed than the one we'd filled out online. The application packet also had a number of essay questions related to customer service. Describe the best customer service you've ever received. Prioritize these three situations and explain your reasoning. Several other questions. To be answered in detail.

As each person completed the written portion, s/he was directed to another room for the computer portion while the written portion was evaluated. After the computerized testing, each person was given a brief personal interview. That's how it went for everyone but me.

I have very slow penmanship and I had a lot more job history to fill out than most people in the interview (I'm ot old, but I had about ten years on everyone else there). About 2/3 of the way through my written test, the HR person doing the scoring told me I needed to go faster and she was concerned that I might not have the sense of urgency required for the position.

When I did finally finish - after one more expression of concern - "I just don't think you'll be fast enough to keep up," I was begrudgingly allowed to take the computer-based test. I breezed through this; I easily type 80wpm. It tested my typing, had some logic/problem-solving questions, asked about my availability, and so on.

When I finished - and I was NOT the last, I was about 3rd from the end - I was not offered an interview. Well, when I asked I was told "We have everything we need." My written test lay on the table unscored.

I have call center experience. VERY SUCCESSFUL call center experience. I type 80wpm. I have never had to hand-write a call record, resolution notes, or any related details - those go into the computer. I don't have to use my penmanship beyond occasional "notes to self." if I need to contact a manager, I do so by email or in person.

It was my bad for not anticipating the situation; I only recently figured out how to ask for a "reasonable accommodation" for my slow penmanship after it cost me another interview. I write slowly because of a neuromuscular issue. I can work at a very fast pace and type like the wind, but my handwriting has been slow and difficult from the get-go.

I would say AAA and I both lost out, but really they were the losers because they didn't look past the slow handwriting, much of which was redundant anyway - rewriting what I had typed into my written application. If they "wrote me off" because I couldn't hand-write fast enough....I didn't lose out on anything. One snap judgment leads to another...and another...and another.

Interview Questions

• Having to reapply in handwritten form - all the employer information you submitted online and more.   View Answer
  • The usual "customer service" essay questions. What was the best customer service experience you've ever had? Describe a time when you had to work with an angry customer. Here are three scenarios - prioritize them and explain your reasoning.   View Answer

Insurance Customer Service (Call Center) Interview

Insurance Customer Service (Call Center)
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in February 2011.

Interview Details – -I first applied online through their website

-2 weeks go by and I finally got a call from a recruiter inviting me to come in and take a personality and skills test. They let you know if you passed or failed the test right on the spot. Now usually, from what I'm told, if you pass the skills and personality test, they send you home and a person from HR will call you for a phone interview. However, strangely, that same day after passing the tests they gave me a 1:1 interview right on the spot.

-After they sent home from the 1:1 interview, 2 hours go by and they called me up to set up a second interview the following day.

-The second interview consisted of two managers firing questions one after another. I was intimidated at first, the managers were very kind and made sure I was comfortable before the interview started. The interview lasted about 20 mins. After the interview ended, they invited me to see if I would like to shadow and listen to one of their employees.

-They called me a day later and informed me that I got the position, however, they had to conduct a extensive background check and drug test (Hair test).

-About 3 more days went by and they informed me that every thing was fine and that i would be starting the new position in about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Give me a time where you had to handle an irate customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N?A

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Automobile Association (AAA)