American Automobile Association (AAA)

www.aaa.com
  www.aaa.com

American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.9

PR Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

I was called for an interview about 2 weeks after I applied. Came in and met with their HR person, then met with 3 interviewers including the director on Skype. Asked basic background experience questions and skills.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Applied online for the position Jun 5th. 3 weeks later on June 25th I received an e-mail asking if I was still interested in the position.

The next day I was sent an online assessment, the questions were not all that hard and was told I passed the assessment the next day.

Scheduled to have a face to face interview the next week. Drove to the location and talked to HR manager. Very easy questions and a review of the job description. Was told to come back for a 2nd interview in a week.

Showed up for 2nd interview with approximately 12 candidates. A short presentation by made by the company. We were taken into a mock customer claim situation. I did well and was walked back to continue the process. There were 4 candidates at this point. I was interviewed by another person and asked how I would handle stress/ a difficult situation/ my goals. I figured I did well.

A week later I received a phone call and an offer. I was offered more salary than I was expecting or was advertised. Offer was dependent on passing a background check and drug screen. (Hair Test)

Interview Questions
    • If you suspect that the caller is lying to you and exploiting the system what do you do about it?   View Answer
    I was pleased with offer. No negotiation needed.

INSURANCE RETENTION SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in July 2013.

Did phone interview with human resources: rec'vd skills and personality test same day a couple of hours after the interview. A week later rec'vd a call for second interview, still waiting to hear from human resource department and it has now been a month since the process first started.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision, how did you come to your conclusion and what was the outcome?...   View Answer

Insurance Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Applied online, and the business manager called me the next day to set up a time where I could take the computer test before moving forward. I passed both then manager called again to set up a time to interview at their branch and also explained the position in more detail and what their training program looked like. Then I had an interview the following week with the business manager, a manger from another branch and the senior insurance service representative. They had a packet with my resume and infomation about me. The two mangagers went back and forth asking me situational questions based on my previous job. They wanted it to be very specific responses. They all wrote my answers down. The interview was not too bad. I was told they wanted to interview some more before making a decision and they would let me know in two weeks. Three days later got a call with an offer. Overall very positive experience. Process took two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time where you working on a task and something took your attention away. How did you respond and handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

IT Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Upon applying got a phone call from HR specialist within a week and had an over the phone interview. Was then called into office the following week to interview with IT Director. The next week had an interview with the CFO/VP of AAA Oregon/Idaho.

Interview Questions
    • Were you able to stomach fast food once you left the restaurant you managed?   View Answer

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Multiple interviews...first was a phone interview...basic questions...second was face to face...once again typical questions...third interview was another face to face...basically just a meet and greet...went for a personality and IQ test...

Analyst Interview

The first is a phone screening to make sure you fit the role. Once you pass that, you are called in for a face to face with your manager. If that goes well, you next meet with 2 other managers from the team. This usually means you got the job so stay calm and nothing too crazy.

Interview Questions
    They dont pay all that great but its a good company. You may be able to squeeze a signing bonus out of them.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in March 2013.

Initial communication by was phone. They setup interviews within 10 days of the call. You are usually interviewed by HR and a lower-level manager of the department you are applying for. Then you are taken to the department for a tour, and then interviewed by the Manager or Director for that department. It is a very welcoming environment, and low stress in terms of interviews. They want to see who you are as a person, not how much you can pass a test.

Interview Questions
    • There are no really difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    I did not make any negotiations because they already mentioned they were offering higher than they would typically.

Insurance Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in January 2013.

I submitted my application online and was sent an email inviting me to take an online assessment. After the online test I was emailed an appointment time for an over the phone interview.
    The phone interview was your basic interview asking about my work history and education. I was then invited to an in person interview which was schedule for a week later. When I got to the interview I was put in a room with about 10 other people. two managers gave a short overview on the interview process, the company and the position.
    We were all then taken into another room and called back individually to role play a couple of phone calls. If you did ok with the pretend phone calls you were taken into another room and asked to wait to talk to a supervisor. If the supervisor interview went well then a manager came to interview you. At the end the manager told me he would like to give me a job and took me out to another guy that helped me with all the paperwork and explained a background check, drug test and verifying references would be needed.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to do as your boss told you even though you disagreed   View Answer
    pay was not negotiable, but they offer incentives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.

Travel Agent Interview

Interview was long, could tell interviewer was following a script. Didnt feel the interviewer was really listening to responses, until they went off script towards end of interview. Because of the script, felt that they were making notes and not really listening to my answers to questions. Questions were asked, after I had already answered in previous questions.