American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.8

Receiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

Process was pretty easy and straight forward. Phone interview, then 2 in person interviews took place after that. Shortly after, they called to say I had landed the position and all went smoothly from there. I started training about 1 week after I landed the job.

Application

Interview

Received email from recruiter, took a very long online personality assessment test. Received email to come in corporate office to meet with recruiter. Interview was very easy, they basically explained what the job was, and asked basic questions relating to job. "Describe a time you had to deal with difficult customer...etc...

Interview Questions

• How much do I currently get paid? I do not like answering this question in the interview as it can put you at disadvantage if they may have offered more money. In the end it was good, because she explained the job only paid a little more than my current job with no negotiation. In the end, I decided it was not the job for me.   Answer Question

Not enough $

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in December 2014.

Interview

Standard interview...no trick questions. Explained job, training, timeframes, benefits, vacation. Accrual. End result was that they would set up a 1 to 1 I interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation....base was set

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

You will go through a panel interview with the branch manager and regional VP. Be prepared to go over practical scenarios and be able to handle objections with clients and customers.

Interview Questions

• They generally ask about sales history or marketing plans you're going to implement upon being hired.   Answer Question

Membership Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Providence, RI) in December 2014.

Interview

General interview, call center position. Not the position I expected. Asked some behaviorism questions, why AAA, etc. Complemented on professionalism. Nice interviewer. Be sure to read the descriptions thoroughly.

Customer Advocate I Interview

Interview

i went through a temp agency. filled an application online and got a call two days later and was asked to come in and interview. very professional quick and easy. 3 hour test

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

Started in Jan. 2012 and finally interviewed in April with a start date of May 5th. When I finally met with the Regional Director it took a full 13 minutes. The process was very dated. Had she interviewed me in 1972 it may have been appropriate or on the mark. I knew from inside info I would not have to deal with her directly so I just chalked it up to an "Institutional Manager". Always been there and cannot go anywhere else.

Negotiation

I supplied documentation of 3 years 6 with figure earnings and was told it was completely doable within 2 years.....

Marketing Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

Had phone interview then 2 weeks later finally got called in for in office interview. Interview was relaxed with the normal questions you'd expect along with ones specifically about my history and the job description.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - all normal interview type questions.   Answer Question

Auto Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Garden City, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online was contacted a week later by HR was given a phone interview which I passed set up in person interview for following Monday. Met with head of HR was informed they thought I was more of a fit for Auto Travel Counselor rather than position of travel agent I had applied for. Which I was OK with, since I was advised if they found I was good at that position I could move on after time, to travel agent position. I was then interviewed a second time by someone else in HR. Then was interviewed by Assistant Manager at the branch office I would be working in, had to drive from HR building to branch office, but that was Ok only 5 minute drive. I was informed that branch manager was on vacation, and has final say. All interviewers were very nice extremely personable. I was made to feel very comfortable. All explained the job requirements and expectations and answered any questions I had. Was told they would contact me when they were done interviewing. Received a call the following Monday from head of HR stating all department heads I met with were extremely pleased with me, and the branch manager would be back on Thursday and they would like to set up a meeting between her and I. Was advised I would be called following week with time for final interview. I do not know if I will be offered a position yet, but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed the interview process. I was treated very well, and was most impressed how HR kept in touch with me with updates, and setting everything up. Too often people apply for jobs, are told they will be in contact, and are left in limbo until they realize they are not going to be called. Not the case with AAA Garden City. Very impressed.

Interview Questions

• Everyone I interviewed with asked basic questions, regarding experience, why do you want to work with AAA, and where do you want to be. Very Easy   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then about 7 days later got an email asking me to fill out their assessment test, several days later I received a phone call to make an appointment to take a phone call preliminary interview with the AAA H.R. department. They called me slightly later than they said they would but I apparently passed the phone interview. Later that day the local office called to set up a face to face interview for the following Tuesday. I arrived 15 minutes early and in business attire (even though those doing the CSR job were quite casual, I saw some ladies wearing house slippers) and they eventually came out to the lobby to get me. They sat me down with a CSR worker for 1 hour and I watched her do her job. There is absolutely NOTHING difficult about this job. If you can talk and navigate through a couple screens and or programs on a computer and have the demeanor to try to help people then you CAN do this job. After the hour was up they pulled me into a cubicle for the face to face interview. Asked the usual behavioral questions and want you to be specific, "tell us about a time with an upset customer that you dealt with", tell us why you wish to work for AAA etc. I had come into the interview from a job that I'd been working for the past 23 years and at the end of the interview I knew I didn't get the job as the person told me something like "This job is totally different than what you've been doing", and "Well, we have a couple more people to interview, so the recruiting agent will be contacting you in the next 2 days or so". 2 or 3 days later I got the rejection notice saying I wasn't chosen. Personally, I think the face to face interviewer couldn't see how my previous job of 23 years might have connected well with the duties that the CSR position needs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AAA?   1 Answer