American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions in Irving, TX

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.9

Policy Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Irving, TX).

Interview

I attended an open job fair held by AAA (they were only employer); I was given a short 10 min interview immediately by an HR rep at the job fair (only some job fair attendees were interview there); I was called a few days later and asked to come in for a skills test (involved basic typing, then a decision-making, problem-solving, and multi-tasking test) - the testing lasted about 1 hr. - I was then asked to interview with 2 managers (at the same time) - the interview lasted about 35-45 mins.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about my resume and past experience, why I thought I would like to work at AAA, why I thought I would like to work in the insurance industry. They explained that AAA is a rather conservative company with dress code (even for call center employees - at the time the still required men to wear business shirt and tie; women could were slacks, dress or skirts - NO jeans, NO t-shirts, NO polo shirts except ones with AAA logo (on Mondays), NO capris, NO sandals) - they wanted to know if I could and would be compliant with a conservative office atmosphere and if I felt I could be comfortable there; explained schedule/hours/days required and asked if I would be able to work the schedule presented (the schedule actual changed within a few weeks of being hired from working M-F until 8pm to working every other Saturday with a random weekday off the week you worked on Saturday and hours were extended to 9pm - this was changed before I even finished training and my entire training class was told we would have to work the new schedule or we would not be kept on as an employee)   Answer Question

Negotiation

average, they told me what salary and benefits they were offering, I accepted offer as presented

Policy Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Irving, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received and assessment and passed the assessment. Received a call for a telephone interview and passed that. Was then told to come to a motel for a role play interview. Wasnt in the role play interview for ten minutes before some lady came and told me i wasnt fit for the policy service specialist and for me to go online and apply for another job and the recruiter will pull my resume and call me to go to go into the office for an interview. Havent heard from them.

Interview Questions

• No specific question. It was all role play. The interviewer was acting like he was a customer.   1 Answer

Inside Sales- Irving Texas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Irving, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a inside sales position on a Tuesday. I received an email to take an assessment (which took about 40 minutes). After 20 minutes of completing the assessment I received an email letting me know I passed. HR recruiter called me on Thursday to schedule a phone interview for the next day. Phone interview was conducted by recruiter. He asked questions about my work experience and he answered questions about the position. He then scheduled a face to face interview for the following Tuesday. I was interviewed by 2 managers for the face to face interview. It lasted about 1 hour. They deliberated for about 10 minutes and then came back and offered me the position. I left the office and did my drug test where they cut my hair. :(

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. 40k base. Then after training commission would kick in once I started selling.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Irving, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called on 6/17 for a phone interview and scheduled my 1:1 interview for the following day, the next day I received a phone call for a final phone interview and the following Monday I was called back for an offer contingent on passing the background, drug, and criminal check. Everyone was extremely nice. They do a background check through a company called HireRight, they verify work as usual and highest form of completed education (I'm currently in college as a premed student, I was home schooled during high school) and HireRight wanted me to send in every piece of documentation from my home schooling years - I could understand if I claimed that was my only education but I am in college receiving federal loans, if the state could verify it then certainly HireRight could get that information on their own. Also, they check for speeding tickets... for a call center position. Which was a little odd to me. The drug test consisted of cutting out a piece of hair (not just a few strands, a good sized lock of hair) to test 10 years back. Luckily for me I didn't experiment as a teenager! I work for a financial company dealing with thousands of dollars a day and they were not as nutty as AAA about tedious things. I initially accepted the offer, but after dealing with HIreRight I declined the position simply because I was tired of having to fetch everything for them- so I told HireRight to stick it, I"m not going to jump through hoops and do their job so I can get paid $13 an hour. Sorry.

Interview Questions

The Irving call center location hires EVERY SINGLE MONTH and the call center is a small call center. Literally they have their training class every month for new hires - I was supposed to start July 2nd but they had one scheduled for July 28th as well and I didn't quite understand why this was. Were they expecting to lose people? This quickly told me that there is a high turn over, I spoke with an old neighbor who was hired by AAA in 2012 and was let go 2 months later because "they hired too many people." It might seem like a cover story but seeing as how often they hire, it doesn't seem far off. I also didn't like that the only measure of performance is whether or not you pass customer feedback surveys with an 85%- if the customer declines to rate service or the customer rates it as "good" instead of "very good" it doesn't count and you fail which counts against you. Also, their benefits aren't that great.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Irving, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I saw a job fair for AAA on Indeed.com so ! applied and took the assessments and passed them before going to the job fair. When I got to the job fair the following day, I took the recruiter I had already taken the test and she seemed impressed. I was immediately scheduled to come back the next day for a face to face interview. The next day at the interview I was taken on the call center floor so I could listen to live calls then after about 3 minutes a supervisor meet with me and took me to her office and asked me the standard interview questions.

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Irving, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Had initial phone screen and went in for very detailed, 1-hour online test asking situational questions and attributes. After passing online test was invited to go in and meet regional director and another person at branch office for 1-hour interview. As final candidate, they asked me to go in to "see how it's done" for a couple of hours. After all that, received a standard email with generic wording about not getting the job. I called to clarify, as there were a couple of job openings, and HR representative was extremely rude and said I was no longer a fit for any of the positions.

Interview Questions

• The online test was actually more difficult than in-person interview, because you had to fit answers into the choices given.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Irving, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Online aptitude test first, HR interview next, then two-on-one interview process with two supervisors from the department I interviewed for. I was there for the entire day, about 5-7 hours.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Irving, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Since I was hired during a time when the sales force was rapidly increasing I didn't get the opportunity to have a interview with anyone. I did an intelligence and skills test, in a classroom setting that takes anywhere from 1-3 hours. After that I was called in to do a phone sales test and upon completion of that I was offered the job. The HR representative walked in with scissors and cut my hair as soon as I agreed to take the position. They have an on site drug testing lab.

Interview Questions

• If I was open to working ocassional Saturdays   1 Answer

Negotiation

Every agent has the same base pay, which is set up as a draw. There was no room for negotiations.