American Automobile Association (AAA) Marketing Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in March 2010.

Submitted for job online about 9 months ago and did not hear back. Followed up with contact in HR. Sever months later saw same job listed again. Researched any contacts in the company with whom I might have a connection via LinkedIn. Found someone internally who told me the position was still open and provided contact information of hiring manager. Spoke with manager a couple of times and sent cover letter and resume. He called back and wanted to see me, apologizing that he didn't see my resume before. They were nearing the end of the interview process but wanted to meet with me. I had two interviews - one with hiring manager and one with his boss. Both were quite nice. Interviews were very pleasant and informal. I was very excited about the culture and the company's committment to the growth and development of its people. Team mentality seemed to be how folks worked - nice. Office is open and bright.

Interview Questions
  • What is your opinion on Coca-Cola's planned move to different product packaging?   Answer Question
  • Level of comfort with analysis of direct mail programs?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

Anonymous Employee  in  Dearborn, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in December 2008.

I was referred in by an employee to a posted job. I had a phone interview with HR and and then came in to interview with the Marketing Director and one of her staff. The interview with the hiring manager was a very structured behavioral interview. Very Difficult; I was not well enough prepared for some of my weaker qualifications for the position. The other interview with the staff person had some behavioral questions, but was more congenial.

Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in October 2010.

They loved my resume, I had a great phone interview, my sister has worked for the company for 14 years, and they said I was an ideal candidate for at least three open marketing manager positions. I went in to fill out a formal application and take their "assessment tests" that were supposed to take 3 hours. After 45 minutes, the computer deemed me incompatible with the company and thanked me for my time.

Afterwords, the HR person told me people who own their own businesses or who are used to working independently usually don't do well on their tests. (I've worked freelance for 5 years now.) Don't know if I should be offended, or happy that I think outside the box.

Ironically, I spent 10 years in Corporate America at a large insurance company prior to moving to an ad agency, and then out on my own. You'd think that would mean something. The worst part is you can't get the results of the online tests so you have no idea what they didn't like or didn't feel was a fit.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a problem or disagreement with a policy or procedure how would you address it?   View Answers (2)

Worked for American Automobile Association (AAA)? Contribute to the Community!