American Automobile Association (AAA) Member Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014

4.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Mary, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied online - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in August 2014.

I had a phone interview went well then I had to come in for a face to face interview not to mention my interviewer was late and very rude. Didn't seem like she wanted to interview me at all and she also seemed like she didn't know what she was doing I felt very uncomfortable. after the 3 question was name a time you had to adjust to change I gave my answer of how I would have training very frequently and I had to adjust to new products and systems frequently and compared it to my previous job then she looked at the other said and said we need a moment came back and said we are done. I asked is there role play she said no I felt very disrespected for them being rude and not even giving me a chance I'm more than qualified for the position and would have made a great asset to the team( previous employment being inbound service and sales for a telelcommunication company) so I know for sure how to do the position but this expierence made me really wonder how they got in the door if there's always angry and unethical I feel like I deserve a new interviewer and they deserve to reevaluated .....worse interview I have ever expierenced AAA you need to find more friendly ppl for interviewing

Interview Questions
  • They asked name a time you had to sacrifice quality for speed lol?

Name sonething you regret doing in a work place lol?

Name a time you had to adapt to change.( funny they ask you to use your previous work expierence but as soon I mentioned my previous employer and told them how similar they are they got upset and cut me off )
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in October 2012.

Had initial phone screen and went in for very detailed, 1-hour online test asking situational questions and attributes. After passing online test was invited to go in and meet regional director and another person at branch office for 1-hour interview. As final candidate, they asked me to go in to "see how it's done" for a couple of hours. After all that, received a standard email with generic wording about not getting the job. I called to clarify, as there were a couple of job openings, and HR representative was extremely rude and said I was no longer a fit for any of the positions.

Interview Questions
    • The online test was actually more difficult than in-person interview, because you had to fit answers into the choices given.   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in April 2011.

I was contacted on the phone by one of the female managers. she wanted me to come in for an interview but requested that she ask a few standard protocol questions (kind of like a phone interview) before I was approved to come in person. She asked me why I want to work for AAA. What interested me in AAA? What do I like least about my current job and what do I like most about my current job. After those questions she asked me to come in for an interview at their main office. I was interviewed by her and two other managers. It seemed very serious and stiff at first. The one manager asked me many geographic questions related to South Jersey (what county is this town in, what road does that turn into?,etc) They are useful questions because as a member services representative you constantly are speaking to people broken down in areas that they have no idea where they are, so general knowlege of the south jersey area is essential. They asked me how I would sell something, How do I judge a client, and How would I address a member calling who was just in a car accident.

Interview Questions
    • How would you address a member who is calling for roadside service and was just in a car accident?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work with AAA?   View Answer
    AAA rarely seems to negotiate pay. I have a college degree and years of experience. I said I was looking in the 12-14/hr range and they would not budge from 10.00 per hour. The rate they pay member service representatives is very insulting compared to what the associates in other departments make, and associates in other departments do not need to deal with angry irate drivers and work late night hours.

Worked for American Automobile Association (AAA)? Contribute to the Community!