American Automobile Association (AAA)

www.aaa.com

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in July 2010.

AAA South is a very conservative and slow-moving company. The office is shabby (not surprising, as it is a nonprofit!). Everyone dresses up for work, although officially there's some type of relaxed business dress. Only a few years ago, women were forced to wear pantyhose to work if they wore skirts, and pants weren't allowed. So that should tell you a little something.

Some interviewers used canned behavior-based questions. (These were the two peer interviewers who fired questions at me for almost two hours.) Others just rambled about the company and the job. Still others asked a variety of miscellaneous questions. I met with a total of 8 people during the process.

I passed a phone screen with the recruiter, then had four onsite interviews with a variety of management, peers and senior leaders, and even came in on a Saturday to meet the CEO as his time was very limited. After all those meetings, and supplying a variety of work samples, I was VERY surprised when the recruiter called me to say that I didn't get the job. They had decided to repost the job and start all over with new candidates. I wonder how many other candidates they were stringing along.

I feel like they totally wasted my time, and they will never get my business.

Interview Questions