American Automobile Association (AAA)

www.aaa.com

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in July 2014.

The hiring process seemed a bit long to me, but I really wanted the position so I dealt with it. I had two phone interviews, attended an informational meeting, and interview with two managers.

Interview Questions
  • All of the questions were pretty straightforward. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

They make you sign a non-compete agreement, and since I really enjoy the travel trade, it just wasn't worth it for me...

Other Interview Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Was forgotten for weeks until I personally followed up with Manager. Was then put on hold for the weekend with no communication until I went in for interview. After I was hired, there was no communication about training unless I asked.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Told everyone works for the company because they enjoy travel, not the money. AAA is a Non-Profit organization so they run thin.

Travel Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in January 2013.

Interview was long, could tell interviewer was following a script. Didnt feel the interviewer was really listening to responses, until they went off script towards end of interview. Because of the script, felt that they were making notes and not really listening to my answers to questions. Questions were asked, after I had already answered in previous questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in November 2012.

Applied on line and received call a couple of days later from HR with a few easy questions to answer.."Why AAA"; Can you work Saturdays", and "do you have any questions?" HR could not answer my questions re: what computer software is used, or what the rate of pay was. I then received another "personality test" to take on-line that was timed, and easy but time consuming and tedious. I then was invited to interview at the branch with the manager and the regional mananger. Both folks were very nice and I felt comfortable. They both had a thick file with my responses to the personality tests. The manager wrote down all my responses to the interview questions, possibly in the "Star Format". "Tell me about a time when....and what you did about it and what was the result". I would recommend studying how to interview in this format, and be prepared for lots of questions re: getting along with co-workers, bosses, customers, and many questions seem to be "almost" repeated verbatum. While I felt I had answered some questions very successfully, there were a couple I wished I'd answered better, but I thought I performed pretty well. Not many questions at all about my skills and experience.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you didn't get along with a co-worker , how you handled it, and what was the result"   View Answer