American Automobile Association (AAA) Travel Agent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had a recruiter call me, she set up and appointment for me to meet with the branch manager. There were other candidates there, the job and pay was explained to us then you were taken in for an interview and if you were selected you were given the assessment test to take. The interview process was very easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuart, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Stuart, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I attended a presentation after which I was asked to put my name down if I was interested in applying for the job. The next day I was asked to take a personality test and after passing that I was asked to take a phone interview.

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in March 2015.

Interview

Someone from their human resources department called and asked a few questions, asking about my resume and experiences in college. A lot of questions were about my experience studying abroad and what that entailed. She explained the internship program in depth and asked if travel was a passion of mine.

Interview Questions

• Are you passionate about travel? What was it about AAA that made you want to apply?   Answer Question

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in December 2014.

Interview

Standard interview...no trick questions. Explained job, training, timeframes, benefits, vacation. Accrual. End result was that they would set up a 1 to 1 I interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation....base was set

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in November 2014.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks, I applied online and did a long assessment. I received a call within a week for a phone interview. Simple questions about my background. Next step is a face to face interview at a AAA office, with two managers. I received the offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• How would you identify the right holiday for a client ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process seemed a bit long to me, but I really wanted the position so I dealt with it. I had two phone interviews, attended an informational meeting, and interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty straightforward. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

They make you sign a non-compete agreement, and since I really enjoy the travel trade, it just wasn't worth it for me...

Anonymous Employee in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Wake Forest, NC).

Interview

Was forgotten for weeks until I personally followed up with Manager. Was then put on hold for the weekend with no communication until I went in for interview. After I was hired, there was no communication about training unless I asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Told everyone works for the company because they enjoy travel, not the money. AAA is a Non-Profit organization so they run thin.

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online, did not hear anything so called myself en talked to the recruiter. She asked me to send my c.v and I did. Couple of days later I called to make sure it was received and we set up a phone interview. After interview ( about 45 min) I was send an assessment to complete and online job application. Then after that I was called to schedule a one on one interview with the manager. It was very relaxed and he made me feel very at ease even though I was nervous. I was not prepared to make a false sales call and did not as well as I wanted but I tried my best. Next day I was offered the job, they do background check and a drugscreen test too.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about AAA?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate since the starting salary was very acceptable.

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview was long, could tell interviewer was following a script. Didnt feel the interviewer was really listening to responses, until they went off script towards end of interview. Because of the script, felt that they were making notes and not really listening to my answers to questions. Questions were asked, after I had already answered in previous questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Portland, ME) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied on line and received call a couple of days later from HR with a few easy questions to answer.."Why AAA"; Can you work Saturdays", and "do you have any questions?" HR could not answer my questions re: what computer software is used, or what the rate of pay was. I then received another "personality test" to take on-line that was timed, and easy but time consuming and tedious. I then was invited to interview at the branch with the manager and the regional mananger. Both folks were very nice and I felt comfortable. They both had a thick file with my responses to the personality tests. The manager wrote down all my responses to the interview questions, possibly in the "Star Format". "Tell me about a time when....and what you did about it and what was the result". I would recommend studying how to interview in this format, and be prepared for lots of questions re: getting along with co-workers, bosses, customers, and many questions seem to be "almost" repeated verbatum. While I felt I had answered some questions very successfully, there were a couple I wished I'd answered better, but I thought I performed pretty well. Not many questions at all about my skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you didn't get along with a co-worker , how you handled it, and what was the result"   1 Answer