American Automobile Association (AAA)
www.aaa.com Heathrow, FL 500 to 999 Employees

American Automobile Association (AAA) Travel Agent Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Feb 13, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Wake Forest, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details – Was forgotten for weeks until I personally followed up with Manager. Was then put on hold for the weekend with no communication until I went in for interview. After I was hired, there was no communication about training unless I asked.

Interview Question – Where have you traveled?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Told everyone works for the company because they enjoy travel, not the money. AAA is a Non-Profit organization so they run thin.

Travel Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was long, could tell interviewer was following a script. Didnt feel the interviewer was really listening to responses, until they went off script towards end of interview. Because of the script, felt that they were making notes and not really listening to my answers to questions. Questions were asked, after I had already answered in previous questions.

Interview Question – No difficult or Unexpected Questions   Answer Question

Portland, ME

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on line and received call a couple of days later from HR with a few easy questions to answer.."Why AAA"; Can you work Saturdays", and "do you have any questions?" HR could not answer my questions re: what computer software is used, or what the rate of pay was. I then received another "personality test" to take on-line that was timed, and easy but time consuming and tedious. I then was invited to interview at the branch with the manager and the regional mananger. Both folks were very nice and I felt comfortable. They both had a thick file with my responses to the personality tests. The manager wrote down all my responses to the interview questions, possibly in the "Star Format". "Tell me about a time when....and what you did about it and what was the result". I would recommend studying how to interview in this format, and be prepared for lots of questions re: getting along with co-workers, bosses, customers, and many questions seem to be "almost" repeated verbatum. While I felt I had answered some questions very successfully, there were a couple I wished I'd answered better, but I thought I performed pretty well. Not many questions at all about my skills and experience.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you didn't get along with a co-worker , how you handled it, and what was the result"   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Worked for American Automobile Association (AAA)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Automobile Association (AAA) Travel Agent interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Automobile Association (AAA) employees and interview candidates.