American Baptist Homes of the West

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Baptist Homes of the West in January 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the Controller. He was incredibly nice and made you feel very comfortable in the interview. He is a CPA and a MBA, and therefore very intelligent. He had me take a 10 question exam at the end of the interview. He said in the past, it has been a more difficult exam for many of the previous candidates, but I found the exam to be quite simple. My issues with the position were the salary was a bit lower than I was looking for as well as there wasn't the growth opportunity I was looking for. The controller tried to do what he could to make it a better opportunity for me, but in the end wasn't able to. Therefore, he ended up not making an offer since he felt he couldn't live up to his end of the bargain. I appreciated his honesty. Other than that, I got the impression that ABHOW would be a great place to work and learn a lot.

Interview Question – What is your aspiration for the position you would like to ultimately make it to?   Answer Question

Worked for American Baptist Homes of the West? Contribute to the Community!