American Campus Communities

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leasing Coordinator Interview

Leasing Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Campus Communities.

Interview Details – Applied online for a part-time position. Was given just one interview, in person. The interview was very straightforward and professional, and did not last longer than an hour. Also had to submit to a drug test.

Interview Question – None, very straightforward qestions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was offered a full-time position. There was no negotiation.

Interviewed at American Campus Communities

Interview Details – Three step interview process. Behavioral examination in which no one says a word and they observe how you react with others. Follow up interview a week later in which the assistant manager and manager interview you. Pretty casual easy interview.

Interview Question – If you were a brick where would you be placed?   Answer Question

Night Desk Employee Interview

Night Desk Employee
Tempe, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Campus Communities in April 2012.

Interview Details – It's not very difficult. They ask you questions about your self and if you have a problem working alone. All in all the interview process is straight forward and speedy. Dress business casual and get it done.

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate.

Senior Community Assistant Interview

Senior Community Assistant
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Campus Communities.

Interview Details – I attended a series of three interviews over two days, one with each manager. At the time they did not do group interviews, which is the practice now I believe.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Questions were geared towards your work habits and your future plans.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and interviewed at American Campus Communities.

Interview Details – I got an email about being invited to a "group process," and there were 10 interviewees at a table, and we had to discuss a situation.

Interview Question – What animal would you be?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Leasing Assistant Interview

Leasing Assistant
Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Campus Communities in October 2011.

Interview Details – I originally came in as a prospect, but was asked to apply at a new property. After my tour of the property, I scheduled an interview with the AGM whom then led the interview. It was a simple 10 minute interview with very few questions.

Interview Question – What type of animal are you?   Answer Question

Community Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Campus Communities.

Interview Details – They just asked a series of behavioral questions

Interviewed at American Campus Communities

Interview Details – Intense interview process and highly selective. Group interview after application with many interactive activities with other interviewers to see what kind of personality you have. Afterwards if you make the group interview cut, they call you back for an individual interview. Standard personality questions and situational questions based on college life.

Interview Question – What is one time you have had to confront a fellow coworker and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Campus Communities in May 2012.

Interview Details – They have a group interview where you use teamwork to solve a problem. Then if they liked you, you are selected for a 1:1 interview where you talk about your experience and why you want the job.

Interview Question – They are relatively straightforward questions.   Answer Question

Community Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Campus Communities.

Interview Details – Had a group interview and then did one on one interviews with the managers.

Interview Question – What are some of your strengths and weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for American Campus Communities? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Campus Communities interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Campus Communities employees and interview candidates.