American Campus Communities Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.6

Community Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Campus Communities.

Interview

Group interview. All of management watching your behavior. ACC is now focusing on a more leasing and sales focus. The company is looking for a leader and sales person in one. Be sure to be assertive and show leadership qualities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a community assitant? What are three weaknesses? Why do you think you can perform this role very well? What is your availability like? What are three strengths? What events can you think of to organize for your residents?   Answer Question

Community Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Campus Communities.

Interview

Group Interview Process, Individual Interview Process, and Tour of Property. The one on one interview is a great experience which looks at your leadership abilities along with your mindset towards working with your future teammates. Be ready to sell the property during the tour as you will be asked to sell the property or a specific amenity

Interview Questions

• How do you enforce policies you might not necessarily agree with?   Answer Question

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Campus Communities (Houston, TX).

Interview

Pretty laid back. Had 2 people in my interview because multiple properties were looking for someone. They explain the job or jobs you are applying for. Ask if you would be interested in another position. Ask why you applied for that job. Super friendly.

Community Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Campus Communities in May 2015.

Interview

1. Online resume submission 2. Information session (required) 3. Considered 4. Video interview 5. Group interview 6. One-on-one interview 7. Hired/Rejected You will spend a lot of time waiting to hear back from ACC. They take their time with the hiring process. They waited weeks without doing any interviews to give the call about being hired. Once accepted, you will be sent an email to give a drug test within 48 hours of receiving the email randomly.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe curb appeal Q: Why do you want this job? Q: Why do you think you will be a good fit Q: Are you okay with being on call? You will be asked to do a mock phone call, testing you abilities over the phone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Campus Communities (Columbia, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy, non-traditional interview. Felt as they wanted somebody majoring in business or marketing. Also, wanted somebody to stay over the summer to train. When I got there the managers were very approachable, made it seem like you got the job already. They don't call to tell you if you got it or not, just updated jobvite.

Interview Questions

• What are marketing strategies you could use? What is curb appeal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Campus Communities (San Marcos, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

First, there's a group interview. You work with a group to solve a problem. The managers actually didn't talk to us at all. A few days later I was called in for an individual interview. It was question & answer. She took notes as I spoke.

Maintenance Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Campus Communities.

Interview

Was given a test on technical skills. Once the test was completed I met with the maintenance manager while he reviewed it. Was told how I did, asked a few more follow up questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Was called for a second interview with the manager and had a short interview, again nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest strength and you biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Campus Communities (Kent, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, three days later I was called and asked to come in for a group interview. After the group interview I received another call to schedule a more personal interview (in which they asked me about 8-12 situational/personal questions). Four days after that I was offered a job, and had to take a drug test as well as have a background check performed. Overall I was treated with complete respect and was communicated with perfectly. Every person I met was very friendly and seemed to just want to get to know me as a person and know my prior employment experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to comply with a company policy that you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Community Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Campus Communities in March 2015.

Interview

After you sent in your application and cover letter you had to submit a video answering a few questions. After that they pick people to go to the group interviews. From there they pick people for the individual interview. Then they contact you after a couple of weeks to let you know if you got the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Univ of Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Campus Communities (Univ of Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

you start off submitting your resume online and complete a video interview. if your chosen for the next phase that is a group interview. the next step is a one on one interview. then an email a few days later with their decision. dress business casual and take the interview serious. they seem to be looking for students that would like to expand with the company after graduation. at least that is my own personal opinion.