American Campus Communities Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.4

Maintenance Tech Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Campus Communities.

Was given a test on technical skills. Once the test was completed I met with the maintenance manager while he reviewed it. Was told how I did, asked a few more follow up questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Was called for a second interview with the manager and had a short interview, again nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • What's your greatest strength and you biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Leasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Campus Communities in January 2015.

Applied 4 months ago. Followed up with a phone call and was invited to interview the next day. Panel of 5 interviewed me. Really loud environment. They were all reading off of pre printed corporate questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was a decision that you were forced to make that was unpopular with everyone else?   Answer Question

Operational Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Campus Communities in January 2015.

Talked about the position and the responsibilities and duties expected. Asked about past work experience, what were my responsibilities at my last job. Asked what are my strengths and weaknesses. Also asked why I wanted to work for the company and what I knew about it.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a particular scenario and was asked how I would handle the situation.   Answer Question

Leasing Coordinator Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and was told "This is not a phone interview, I just want to ask you a few questions". Then when hired, said I did well in the phone interviews. Overall it was a quick process. Applied online and was hired less than 1 month later.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, just asked experience in sales, marketing, and property management.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate anything except start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Campus Communities.

Applied online and then received an email stating that they wanted me to come in for a group interview. It was really easy because you worked with everyone in the group interview to come up with a solution to a problem. I think they were just trying to see who was wiling to speak out loud and voice their opinions amongst the group and who was taking the leadership role. After the group interview I was contacted the next day to schedule for a individual interview. I went to the interview and they had cancelled it (I should have known then and there that this was not the company I wanted to work for). I rescheduled a week later and had my individual interview with the assistant managers. A week later I was contacted for another individual interview with the property manager. A week later I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell our apartments to future residents   View Answer

Community Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Campus Communities.

Basic questions. They also like to see you direct the interview as much as possible. Ask questions about the position. They like positive people with high energy levels. Time management is an essential quality in a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult. They want to see that you are a pleasant person who is patient and willing to listen to and help overcome obstacles with residents/prospective residents.   Answer Question

Community Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Campus Communities.

The interview process started with a group interview requiring potential candidates to solve a problem as a team. If you were asked back, you had a one-on-one interview with the General Manager and possibly AGM. That interview didn't last longer than 45 minutes, and it was more of a question/answer situation than a conversation. They took notes while I spoke.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember how it was phrased, but I had to talk about a time when I had to say no/use authority in a job and how I handled it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation with this position. I was able to say when I could start.

Leasing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Campus Communities.

Applied online for a part-time position. Was given just one interview, in person. The interview was very straightforward and professional, and did not last longer than an hour. Also had to submit to a drug test.

Interview Questions
    Was offered a full-time position. There was no negotiation.

Community Assistant Interview

Three step interview process. Behavioral examination in which no one says a word and they observe how you react with others. Follow up interview a week later in which the assistant manager and manager interview you. Pretty casual easy interview.

Senior Community Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Campus Communities.

I attended a series of three interviews over two days, one with each manager. At the time they did not do group interviews, which is the practice now I believe.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Questions were geared towards your work habits and your future plans.   Answer Question