American Cancer Society Cancer Information Specialist Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

Cancer Information Specialist Interview

Interview

Got a call the day after getting an application. Since I was living in Michigan, I was given 2 phone interviews, one with a recruiter, and one with an active supervisor. Talked over the job, some behavioral interview questions. Got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time when you worked with an angry customer and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Cancer Society

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and a few days later did a phone screen. The next day I did a phone interview. The next step was to do an onsite interview with a manager and shadow a current specialist.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had several programs open at once on the computer?
      Tell me about a database you had to learn to use. How did you navigate? What were the challenges?
      Explain an interaction with a difficult customer?
      What was your most difficult day on the job?
      What attracted you to the American Cancer association?

Answer Question

Offer too low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, and then face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• One was that 'do you use a computer regularly?" and "explain an experience where a policy changed at your workplace"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I had a behavioral interview. Questions included, tell me a time when you exhibited leadership, or about a time you had to deal with many customers who were, and also tell me about a time when you had to be on the phone with customers. Some technology questions.

Interview Questions

• One of the technical questions, involved talking about something you had done recently on you computer that involved completing several tasks at once.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I requested a salary on the application, but was given a slightly lower amount in the offer letter.